What are you willing to do today and everyday to manifest a Happy New Year and Healthy 2018? Now is the time to decide on what habits you are committed to implementing and improving that are most likely to help you enjoy a Happy New Year and Healthy 2018. One of the first key steps to directing your destiny is to reflect and review what you did well in 2017 and then focus on what you can do that will make 2018 even better. Even baby steps in the right direction will compound over time for personal progress. Start by congratulating your self for all the progress you made last year and then get excited about the new and improved pure potential you have for the new year ahead. What one or two areas of improvement will make the best difference in propelling your path of progress in 2018. Remember a small shift in your decisions and directions will have a major influence in your positive results and progress when compounded over time.
Our peak performance and progress in any area boils down to a very simple success formula… “Success is 80% psychology and 20% mechanics.” This philosophy which has updated and upgraded my psychology was learned from Tony Robbins one of my top resources and role models. It has had a significant impact on my personal performance and progress in many areas of my life. His statement refers to the belief that our mental attitude and determination drives 80% of our results as compared to the skills and strategies which have a 20% impact to make things happen. The bottom line is to have mastery action plans fueled with a great mental psychology, meaningful motivation and combined with a powerful persistent focus to do whatever it takes to make your desires, destiny and dreams come true.
7 Happy & Healthy Habits for 2018
- Alkalize and energize is a powerful phrase which contains a wealth of wisdom. Alkalize refers to consuming more alkaline minerals and trace elements that are found in fresh berries, fruits, greens, herbs, mushrooms, nuts, roots, seeds, vegetables and sea weeds. As we consume more locally grown nutrient dense organic whole foods that are minimally processed or refined we greatly improve our chances to enhance our level of energy, health and vitality. I recommend and personally use Mega Green Plus MSM powder from Lyon Legacy International Inc. that I add to my water to make a quick green drink.
- Brain resilience and mental health are vital aspects for our happiness and health. There are many great books and videos that emphasizes the importance of doing specific activities and exercises to improve our mental health and performance. Check out books like Brain Gym and How to Think Like Leonardo de Vinci for great strategies and suggestions.
- Exercise and fitness are vital to our long term happiness and health. Any physical activity that enhances and improves better blood circulating, bone building, heart pumping, lungs expanding, lymph draining and muscles moving is beneficial. Basic body weight exercise and fitness habits can be accomplished without fancy equipment and gyms. Body weight High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get great benefits and results in less time. Another great bit of fitness coaching is to sit less and stand more because our bodies are meant to move more to remain strong and toned. Too much sitting is a recipe for deterioration, disease and dysfunction.
- Hydrate and oxygenate is one of the least understood and under utilized happiness and health strategies. Most people are constantly dehydrated and harming their happiness and health. If your urine is colored instead of clear you are dehydrated. Oxygen is vital for every function in our body. Without enough oxygen the body and brain will start to shut down and slow down. Most people are shallow breathers and do to much mouth breathing versus nostril breathing. Learn some deep breathing techniques you can use several times a day to help energize and oxygenate.
- Meditation and mindfulness are powerful and profound methods to increase our level of happiness and health. Being mindful during our day helps us to be more aware to feel, hear, notice and see the magic moments manifesting around us. Meditation is a great way to quiet our busy mind and the chatter around us so we can tune into our innate intuition and inner wisdom. I am a big believer and practitioner of primordial sound meditation learned at The Chopra Center.
- Natural nutrient dense nutrition and organic whole foods is one of the most important first steps that anyone can do to quickly change our emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health. Every cell in our body receives and requires basic energy and nutrients from what we consume. It is very important we choose wisely what we put into our temple. My favorite food quote is the profound words of wisdom from Hippocrates the Father of Medicine…”Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
- Sleep more and stress less is a simple suggestion that seems to be ignored by most people. Our body, mind and spirit require time to rejuvenate, relax, repair, rest and restore. Massage, meditation and mindfulness are helpful suggestions to help reduce stress and improve sleep. How and when you sleep are key parts of the formula for sleep success. Our bio-rhythms and circadian rhythms are key components mentioned in previous posts for cracking the code and reducing stress and enjoying rejuvenating and restful sleep.
These 7 healthy habits for a happy 2018 are seven simple steps that offer quick benefits when you put them into action.
BTW Remember to avoid and at least minimize exposure to health hazards such as: additives, artificial flavorings, artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, electro-magentic frequencies (EMF), fragrances (synthetic), genetically engineered (GE) fake foods, genetically modified organisms (GMO) frakenfoods, glyphosate, heavy metals, junk foods, microwaves, pesticides, pollution, preservatives, radiation, sleep deprivation, stress, synthetic compounds, toxic vegetable oils (canola, corn, soy) and white sugar.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2018 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats. As we research and role model proven principles for a fantastic future we are eager to share those words with wisdom. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of eco friendly people to help design, build and live in our sustainable community. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems will help all of us design and develop better eco villages.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your happiness and health? What is your leverage and motivation for making better choices to avoid health hazards and adopt healthy habits? Investing in our health will help protect our wealth. When we focus on being happy, healthy and holistic we naturally shift to a more sustainable ecological, economical and environmental lifestyle.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats directly impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom showing the benefits of conscious choice for a happy and healthy life. What are you willing to do today to embrace better choices in 2018? Creating a healthy habits code of conduct and mastery action plan vision boards enhance our quality of life. Our happiness and health benefit from healthy challenges, changes and choices. Are you ready to adopt a more modern, modest and modular lifestyle based on being more renewable and sustainable in 2018?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Top Ten Tips for Healthy Children