The previous Great NEWS post asked: Cancer Is Curable… Isn’t It and today we shift gears to help Avoid Acne. Many adults and teens are dealing with annoying acne. This blog post is dedicated to help those who are stressed and suffering from the unsightly appearance of acne. Since we know there are common causes and contributing factors lets look at common counter measures and courses of action including some outside the medical treatment paradigm. Avoid Acne shares simple steps to stop acne and start soothing strategies for beautiful skin.
Understanding Your Skin
Doctors are qualified to diagnose, recommend and treat people with acne. This blog is based on documented and researched solutions, strategies and suggestions that make sense to me to prevent and protect against acne. My teen years would have been so much easier had this information been available to me as a teenager suffering with acne on my face and back. You will have to decide for yourself which are the least harmful and most beneficial courses of action.
There is significant documentation, research and track record offering people hope, inspiration and reassurance regarding holistic health and natural products to prevent acne. It is just a matter of understanding your skin and taking simple steps to help protect it from the conditions that are conducive to causing acne.
There are many known contributing factors for acne. Most acne is avoidable and for some extreme cases it can be easily minimized. With the action plan you are about to learn most people will be able to easily eliminate or at least greatly reduce the incidence of acne.
If acne is so naturally preventable and treatable why is it so prevalent? Since acne can be naturally avoided and reduced with information regarding dietary changes, holistic health protocols, lifestyle modifications, natural hygiene and organic products it is a mystery why most people turn to medical and pharmaceutical interventions for relief. There are many reasons for the occurrence of acne as you will soon learn. The bottom line is that acne is big business for the acne treatments, cosmetics industry, dermatologists, doctors, Over the Counter (OTC) medicines and pharmaceutical companies.
Common Skin Treatments
Billions of dollars each year are spent to treat the visible surface effects rather than the invisible underlying causes. Many adults and children with acne who do not have access to the medical, natural and pharmaceutical interventions end up with severe self esteem issues and scaring for life. Therefore the goal of this post is to share natural measures that anyone can use to help prevent and reduce acne saving emotional distress and a small fortune in money. The process is so simple anyone can do it easily and effectively.
What causes acne and why does it occur in adults and teens? Acne is described as incidence of blackheads, nodules, pinheads (pimples), seborrhea (red blotches), sebaceous gland inflammations and whiteheads. These usually occur on the back, chest and face. Acne is attributed to a number of factors such as allergies, bacteria, diet, hormonal changes, inflammation, oily skin, puberty, stress and sugars consumed.
Common treatments recommended by dermatologists include: alpha hydroxyl acid, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines, antiseptics, azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, comedo extraction, hormones, nicotinamide, salicylic acid, oral retinoids, tetracycline and topical retinoids. Unfortunately these compounds contain synthetic chemicals and most of them require a doctor to prescribe and treat. Since all prescription and over the counter medications have side effects common sense would suggest that these recommendations be your very last course of action after exhausting all holistic health approaches.
The previous blog post mentioned several harmful health factors that also cause and contribute to acne. These include bacteria, chemicals, diet, environmental factors, food quality, medications, shampoo, soaps, stress and sugar which are major factors affecting the incidence and severity of acne. These specific causes set in motion the right environment that triggers acne to be the effect. Therefore these factors provide you valuable clues for dealing with acne by avoiding and managing the underlying causes.
This post is an invitation to investigate the identified factors more closely to determine which ones might be affecting your skin right now. If we can look at scientific research and identify known acne causing and contributing factors then we can make adjustments to reduce these factors and increase our action plan for a healthier lifestyle.
Once you identify the causes and contributing factors for acne the first step is to minimize your exposure and risk. Common sense suggests you take defensive action to avoid the things that promote acne and then take offensive action with extra steps to insure you remain acne free. If this is so simple, why is it so many people are being affected by acne and not learning, listening and looking at the natural protocols that have a proven track record? Is it possible there is an acne conspiracy that is blocking much of the access to information, natural compounds and protocols that might prevent and even reverse acne? You be the judge once you look at the simple steps and strategies that have been found to be extremely effective.
This is not an acne treatment list since acne is considered a medical condition and that could be considered practicing medicine. It is merely a list of health coaching tips and interesting ideas I have researched from reliable sources of doctors and holistic health professionals. This is what I would do even more diligently if confronted with a acne like in my teen years. You have to determine for yourself what the best course of action for you is.
Tips to Avoid Acne:
- Alkalizing diet helps keep the body and skin healthy
- Avoid exposure to harmful body care products, chemicals, diet, Electro Magnetic Frequencies (EMF’s), environment, food additives, GMO, heavy metals, HFCS, medications, Over the Counter drugs, parasites, pollution, radiation, stress, tobacco, toxins, vaccinations and water pollutants as much as possible. These harm your health and toxins overload the liver and skin tissue as they try to eliminate them.
- Baking soda used externally and internally is very alkalizing and amazing for cleaning your skin.
- Blending and juicing green veggies helps to promote healthy skin.
- Calcium Bentonite Clay used externally and internally is great for cleansing and detoxing. A clay mask is especially effective at removing bacteria, exfoliating dead skin cells and excess oil which significantly contribute to acne.
- Detox the gall bladder, liver and intestines regularly so less waste is eliminated through the skin. Skin is the largest elimination organ.
- Drink herbal teas and powder super greens with lemon or lime daily. (Amazon Herb, ginger root, ginseng, hibiscus, lemon, yerba mate)
- Eating fresh raw organic green leafy veggies daily like: arugula, chard, kale, collard green, spinach, dandelion, lettuce, turnip tops, beet tops, mustard greens, celery, cucumber, broccoli, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, etc. Cruciferous veggies are powerful collagen and skin support.
- Eating fresh raw herbs daily like: basil, cilantro, dandelion, rosemary, oregano, parsley, etc.
- Eating healing adaptogens and antioxidants daily like: burdock, cacao, cinnamon, clove, curry, garlic, ginger root, ginseng, onions, peppers, turmeric.
- Eating fresh berries and fruit daily like: citrus (grapefruit, lemon, lime), black and red currants, goji, mustang grapes, watermelon, wild blackberries, blueberries, elderberries, mulberries, raspberries, sea buckthorn berries.
- Eating algae and sea veggies like: chlorella, spirulina, kelp, dulse, laver, nori, sea weed and wakame.
- Eliminate toxic body care products and chemicals in the home like: bar soaps, fragrances, household cleaners, laundry soap and shampoos. Use natural products like Dr. Bonner castile soap, 7th Generation laundry soap and vinegar which are effective cleaners and much less toxic to the skin.
- Energy Psychology and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) tapping is great for your emotional health and reducing stress. Anger and stress often triggers reactions in the body which often show up as blotches, eruptions and inflammation of your skin.
- Essential oils have been found to be effective anti-bacterial agents when diluted in water and used as a topical spray mist. Consider cinnamon, clove, frankincense, lavender, myrrh, orange, oregano, rosemary and tea tree essential oils.
- Exercise is good for the skin and increases perspiration which can help naturally open the pores and improve skin health.
- Eat healthy fats and oils like: avocado, coconut, flax seed, krill, raw nuts and seeds. Avoid the harming fats and oils like: processed canola oil, corn oil, fried foods, hydrogenated oils, margarine, peanut oil, soy oil, trans fats and vegetable oils.
- Pinch of high quality raw sea salt daily.
- Probitoics and raw cultured foods help keep the intestines populated with healthy bacteria and reduce unhealthy bacteria. The gut is the first line of immune defense.
- Raw castor, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, flax seed, grape seed, and sesame oils improve your energy, health and immune system. They can also be used topically for skin beauty, health and mositurizing.
- Reduce sugar consumption from: artificial sweeteners, refined carbs, HFCS, juices, refined sugar, sodas and sweets). Sugar feeds bad bacteria and they are a major source of health and skin problems.
- Reduce stress which is believed to be the #1 cause of disease.
- Saunas are beneficial to help open the pores and allow the skin to breathe.
- Sea salt or Epsom salt baths weekly or soaking in seawater is great.
- Sunlight is great for killing bacteria, producing Vitamin D and promoting healthy skin. Avoid synthetic sunscreens which harms your health and skin.
- Super foods like algae, berries, cacao, cats claw, chlorella, krill, maca, mushrooms and spirulina are believed to support health and immune functions.
- Supplements and organic whole foods with enzymes, minerals, trace elements, phyto-nutrients and vitamins are vital for healthy skin.
- Water is essential for hydrating your body and skin. Pure water is important and spring water and well water are optimal.
- Witch hazel is a natural skin anti-oxidant and astringent cleanser.
This Great NEWS post to Avoid Acne is offered to help adults and teens suffering from self esteem and skin issues. The outcome is to help people with acne make even more educated and informed decisions regarding acne prevention and protection protocols. Now you have simple steps to help. Are you ready to look behind the curtain to follow the dollars and see who is pulling the acne treatment strings to determine the deceptions? It is easy to come to the simple conclusion…natural strategies are great for prevention and protection to Avoid Acne.
What is your current Gap?
What behaviors, habits or lifestyle choices are increasing your risk of acne and aging skin? Who do you know that is suffering with acne?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
What decisions and new strategies must you make now to be even healthier? What must you stop doing that increases acne? What must you start doing to prevent acne?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or questions do you have regarding acne prevention and protection?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share: