The 2016 Great NEWS posts continue to enjoy sharing Healthy Habits to promote strategies for happiness, health and harmony. Today’s post is dedicated to helping people with simple suggestions to stay healthy during the cold and flu season. This information will provide helpful holistic health tips for you and your family to remain cold and flu free during the winter. If you do come down with a cold or flu these tips can help you recover quicker naturally and hopefully avoid the use of prescription antibiotics and other pharmaceutical drugs. My goal for this post is to share some simple natural cold and flu prevention and remedy suggestions.
Having recently over indulged in holiday sweet treats my body taught me a life lesson by being under the weather with a common cold. Unfortunately it also resulted in a serious sinus infection that lasted more than a week. These caused this topic to really hit home hard and sent me searching the internet and my memory banks for holistic health protocols and natural remedies. Being a bit determined not to use antibiotics which can kill good bacteria in the gut as well as contribute to antibiotic resistant bacteria motivated me to try different natural approaches used in the past as well as search for some new ones.
Cold and Flu Prevention and Remedies
Last week we shared some of my favorite cold and flu prevention and remedy suggestions. This week will be devoted to cold and flu prevention and remedy ideas shared on the internet and sifted to identify some of the most endorsed. In the event you come down with a cold or flu it is well advised the more of these natural remedy strategies you can simultaneously implement the quicker you will empower and enhance your immune system.
Popular Prevention and Remedy Ideas
Here are some interesting internet recommendations found when searching holistic health and natural remedies on Google.
- Make a Super 5 Tonic with equal parts cayenne, garlic, onion, ginger, and horseradish tinctured in apple cider vinegar. Take 1-2 oz at at time several times a day.
- Dr. Christopher “anti-plague” remedy bought online.
- Garlic foot paste. Equal minced garlic and petroleum jelly on soles of feet Cover with cotton, and put sock on at night
- Oregon Grape Root tincture.
- Elderberry tea and tincture
- Consume garlic fresh and raw is best
- Consume onions fresh and raw is best
- Oregano, Rosemary, and Wild Bee balm essential oil in a steam tent.
- Take a warm bath with Calcium Bentonite Clay, Epsom salts and eucalyptus oil
- Use Colloidal silver
- Use some Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) and spray a mist into our open mouth and inhale
- Create a head steam tent after adding four drops of oregano oil to hot water and inhale the steam.
Use tea tree oil (mellaluca) which has been found to be antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral. Add some drops to water to make a mister spray for dealing with infections, parasites, and candida.
- Goldenseal capsules or tea can help clear it up.
- Use Elecampane Essential Oil
- Use Olive Leaf extract.
- Olbas essential oil blend is an old recipe from Switzerland.
- An excellent article was written by the Wellness Mama on natural remedies.
- Suzy Cohen RPh wrote another great article on dealing with colds and flu.
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is excited to share steps to help improve our happiness, harmony and health. This post shared some simple cold and flu holistic health prevention and remedy suggestions. Avoiding unnecessary antibiotics use may be one of the best things you can do to improve your natural immune system and help prevent creating antibiotic resistant bacteria. Let us know what other ideas you have to prevent or deal with colds and flu.
What is your current Gap?
How well do you maintain your health and wellness during the winter months? Do you eat healthy fruits, greens, nuts, seeds and veggies? Do you eat lots of highly processed and refined carbohydrates? Do you eat a balance of nutrient dense organic whole foods or do you eat a lot of fake, fast and junk foods? Which tips mentioned in the two blog post series grabbed your highest interest and you are most likely to implement?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Dr. Mercola has great articles on natural remedies as well as a wide variety of valuable information regarding holistic health and wonderful wellness on his website. He does a great job of educating,people with helpful and valuable suggestions and tips.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding holistic health tips for dealing with colds and flu? What other ideas and internet tips have you used with great results? What will motivate you do create a cold and flu prevention plan?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
Conscious Choices Can Cut Our Carbon Footprint
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.