The previous Great NEWS post focused on Fat and Food Facts Fads and Fiction and today we share Simple Steps to Cut Carbs. Let’s face the fact: most people are eating to many carbs. While many people feel fat, fearful, foggy, frumpy and frustrated and have even felt like giving up, today you will find new solutions, strategies, suggestions and support to help you transform your body and mind. Today we share Simple Steps to Cut Carbs and find the optimal mix of healthy carbs, fats, fiber, minerals, protein, phyto-nutrients, trace elements and vitamins for your perfect health.
Taking a Step Towards Better Health
Many people have cut back on animal products or given then up and are now eating more carbohydrates and especially processed and refined carbs. As a result many are struggling with energy, health, hormonal and weight issues even though they believe they are eating healthier.
Whether you decide to enjoy a mostly plant based high raw plus Paleo light lifestyle (outlined in the previous post), a Paleo diet or even a vegetarian one this post can help you eat better and healthier. Today you have a great list of specific suggestions that can greatly reduce your processed and refined carbs when you do your part to apply them. This will help you by reducing the unhealthy additives, calories, chemicals, sugar and unhealthy fat in most processed and refine carbs consumed.
Before you read these remarkable recommendations do some deep diaphragm breathing, drink water with lemon, EFT tapping, meditation, Qi Gong, walking or yoga to help open your emotions, head and heart to these ingenious ideas and simple suggestions. Set your intention to feel fantastic improving your body, listen with open ears and see with fresh eyes all these super suggestions and simple steps to cut carbs.
Simple Steps to Cut Carbs
Here are simple steps for replacing an unhealthy refined carbohydrate with a healthier alternative:
- Wheat pasta with spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini
- Wheat pasta with kelp pasta
- White wheat noodles with buckwheat noodles (soba noodles)
- White bread with sourdough rye or sprouted grain bread (Ezekiel or Essene bread)
- Bleached white flour with whole wheat flour combined with rice flour
- Whole wheat flour with sprouted millet, quiona or sprouted and sourdough rye or wheat
- White wheat flour biscuits, muffins and rolls replaced with whole wheat or buckwheat flour combined with shredded veggies like broccoli, cabbage, carrots, kale, pumpkin, squash or sweet potato
- Wheat pancakes with buckwheat pancakes
- Replace pancake syrup (HFCS) with coconut sugar, date sugar, honey or molasses
- Refined wheat bagels with raw sourdough rye dehydrated or steamed bagels
- Corn cereal (may contain GMO) with amaranth, millet or quiona
- Yellow corn chips (may contain GMO) with blue corn chips
- Yellow corn chips with flax and hemp seed chips
- Wheat crackers with chia and flax seed crackers
- Wheat cereal with buckwheat cereal
- Instant oatmeal with old fashioned oatmeal
- Old fashioned oatmeal with steel cut oat porridge
- Steel cut oats with amaranth, millet or quiona
- White rice with brown, red cargo, black rice or wild rice
- White potatoes with purple, red or sweet potatoes or yams
- Mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower
- White potato chips with sweet potato chips (baked or dehydrated)
- White sugar with coconut sugar, date sugar, honey, stevia or xylitol
- White tortilla wraps with a steamed cabbage or lettuce wrap
- White tortilla wrap with a nori (sea weed) wrap
- Hamburger bun with a red cabbage leaf
- Taco shell with a cabbage, red cabbage or swiss chard leaf
- Pita bread for dipping hummus with carrots, celery, cucumber or jicima
- Pita bread pocket with red cabbage leaf
- Sushi rolls with white rice substituted with red cargo rice or black rice
- Sushi rolls with white rice replaced with shredded jicima or sweet potato…delicious
- Salad crotons with raw jicima cubes or soaked walnuts
- Banana nut bread with a raw banana and walnut fruit roll up
- Tofu with properly fermented miso, natto or tempeh
- Textured vegetable protein with properly soaked beans, legumes or peas
- White rice cakes with chia seed chips or pumpkin cakes
- Microwave popcorn with air popped popcorn or wasabi peas
- Carrot cake – wheat (70%) sugar (20%) carrot (10%) with raw carrot (90%) cake with almonds, dates, raisins and walnuts (10%)
- Cookies with wheat (70%) sugar (20%) sugar chocolate chips (10%) with cookies made with oatmeal (90%) and raw almonds, dates, raisins and walnuts (10%). (can also be made raw)
- White wheat toast with jelly with sourdough rye bread with honey and walnuts or steel cut oat porridge and honey
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) replaced with dates, honey, molasses, raisins, stevia or xylitol
- Chocolate ice cream with (HFCS) eliminated for avocado, raw cacao powder and honey pudding…amazing!
- Vanilla ice cream for raw almond, banana, chia seed, flax seed, sunflower seed and vanilla smoothie
This Great NEWS post shared simple steps to cut carbs to help you eat healthier and enjoy even more natural foods. My outcome is to offer you even more choices so you can naturally shift to eating healthier foods as the less healthy ones just seem to fade away and loose their control over you. The key is to use your common sense, intuition and wisdom to be open to determining what will be best for you now and in the future. These simple steps to cut carbs are baby steps that may seem minor yet will have a major impact on your overall health, vitality and well being.
What is your current Gap?
What are the processed and refined carbs that you feel addicted to and know are causing your health issues? How are they robbing you of your beauty, financial freedom, happiness, health and vitality?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
When you have made a decision to stop the story and start the solution outline a weekly plan to implement these simple suggestions. Post it to your refrigerator to help you remember these easy planning, preparing and shopping tips guaranteed to provide healthier food choices.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or questions do you have regarding cutting carbs to transform your happiness and health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
Simple Solutions to Dental Dilemmas
Leave a Reply