May I ask a crazy question to learn more about your homeowner thinking, transitions, and trends? What thoughts first come to mind when you think about living in a circular dome home? Some readers may have to Google a dome home, Pantheon dome, or Santorini blue dome first to better consider the history of domes to answer the question. Many people are so conditioned to drive a rectangular vehicle, live in a rectangular home, read a rectangular book, sit at a rectangular desk, sleep in a rectangular bed, type on a rectangular laptop, and watch a rectangular TV that a circular dome home seems pretty crazy at first thought. Please keep an open mind as you read on.
If the advantages and benefits could clearly prove a circular dome home had several distinct and logical reasons why it was a better choice than a typical rectangular house would you consider a dome home as your dream home? This is an update to a previous blog Do Dome Homes Make Dream Homes? pondering the path of progress, possible designs, and potential pitfalls and profits for our eco-friendly community.
The more research we do on domes homes the more fantastic, financially rewarding, fun, and futuristic they seem to be. Eco-friendly dome homes offer a smart solution to provide affordable and durable homes for people around the world. Now it is time to hear what potential homeowners like you think about our ideas.
Dome homes have proven to be a great investment and lifestyle decision for many forward-thinking people. This post is dedicated to sharing why dome homes may make good sense and great cents for many people. Modern dome homes have evolved into a high tech and ultra-modern housing option. Modern dome homes can be a very cost-effective and energy-efficient way to save money, resources, and time compared to more conventional rectangular houses. Eco-friendly dome homes with basalt support can be a game-changer for the future of affordable eco-friendly housing in the Caribbean and beyond.
Benefits of Dome Homes
A lack of awareness and information about dome homes often keeps them off the home buyers’ radar screen. As more people focus on sustainable housing dome homes become an obvious option. Conventional rectangular homes can negatively impact your finances, health, and lifestyle. Dome homes can provide affordable housing for the growing global demand.
Eco-friendly dome homes are made using a spherical structure and support system that is super strong. It offers a simple solution to provide housing for a wide variety of people. Dome homes can combine clever designs and features with advantages and benefits that include:
- Energy-efficient and sustainable for a healthy lifestyle.
- Lower carbon footprint compared to conventional rectangular homes.
- Are relatively easy and fast to build and provide a comfortable, durable, and eco-friendly home.
- Withstand a wide variety of climates and conditions.
- Using less labor and materials allows more people to afford quality housing.
- Creative designs offer a nice selection of safe, sleek, and strong homes.
- Curves, domes, sacred geometry, and even straight walls allow for very unique designs.
- Lower construction, energy, and maintenance costs save money.
- Last for 500+ years with minimal maintenance and provide a safe home for future generations.
- Lower cost so people incur less debt and lower mortgage payments.
- Can be fire, mold, termite, weather and wind resistant
- Conventional homes and mobile homes often have lower-quality materials and are prone to more maintenance and problems.
- Offer an excellent thermal barrier to stay cooler or warmer easier.
- Use natural and non-toxic building material in construction to provide healthy homes for people with chemical sensitivities.
- Transportation costs for building materials can be greatly reduced.
- Many smart people are starting to discover that a dome home offers a better eco-friendly building alternative.
If you are ready for simple strategies and smart solutions to embrace eco-friendly construction then a dome home may be the perfect option for a healthy home. The last two years of research for eco-friendly construction practices have helped me gain great ideas, insights, and inspiration for designing and developing eco-friendly dome homes for our Belize Eco Village (BEV) and Puerto Rico Eco Village (PREV). There are several dome homes in northern Belize. As more people around the planet discover the real long-term cost of outdated rectangular homes with high mold problems, lower quality, and toxic materials more will embrace an eco-friendly dome home as the perfect choice.
We recently visited the Monolithic Dome Institute again and Gary Clark is a great resource to help you build dome homes. The best way to get educated and excited about dome homes is to visit the Monolithic Dome Institute website. They have decades of construction and design experience and the Ecoshell I dome home has impressed and inspired us enough to use them. This information is intended to help educate, inspire, and motivate people to see eco-friendly dome homes as a more cost-effective and sustainable option.
Challenges of Dome Homes
- To be fair there are still some challenges and concerns when considering a dome home such as:
- Ask the proper questions first about your location and then do your homework.
- Be sure to find a builder with experience and check their quality.
- Consider your local building codes and zoning restrictions. Many people are slow to embrace change and innovation.
- Review different blueprints and floor plans for ideas. See my Pinterest board on Eco Dome Homes
- Quality control during the cement application phase is critical to success
- The circular dome home design is different and can take time to adjust to.
- Weather factors are always a consideration for construction, design, and location.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
At Morningstar NEWS we focus on Healthy Habits, Healthy Habitats, and Sustainable Systems. As we research and role model proven principles, we are eager to share the wisdom. Our vision is attracting a wide range of conscious and passionate people to help design, develop, build, and live in our eco-friendly, healthy, and sustainable community. We invite your ideas, insights, and inspiration to help us focus on our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, and suggestions will help all of us design and develop better eco-communities.
Passion for People & Planet
Our passion and purpose at Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. People can benefit from learning more about how your home affects your health.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Energy Psychology A – Z, Chakras and Chi
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.
Good Information. Have you thought of Vastu Home where there is good flow of cosmic energy and brings lot of positive energy in the house and blcoks all the negative energy.
Look Up Deepak Bakshi from Iowa he has lot more information about this.
Here is the Link posted above
Thanks for the information and insight. I believe this approach is healthy and valuable and will definitely check it out and learn more soon. Sounds a bit similar to Feng Shui so my interest is there.
I love the concept of dome homes. Would love to build one sometime. I enjoy and follow https://www.domegaia.com.
Glad you are tuned into Dome Homes. I will check out the link you shared. Would like to know your top reasons and what/ where you have seen or stayed in one.. Thanks