How are your parenting principles performing in regards to your children’s food, health, and nutrition report card? Many parents I see shopping and talking about food and meals seem to be stressing and struggling when it comes to healthy food options. With all the conflicting information and time challenges influencing our decisions, it seems extremely difficult to know what to do to be superheroes for our children’s health. Are you passing with an A+, skating by with a C, or failing with an F based on how well your children buy, eat and prepare foods?
This blog is designed to provide basic coaching, education, and information using common sense guidelines and over forty years of parenting life lessons. Your family will benefit from simple steps and subtle suggestions to help improve your parenting performance scorecard.
“Your emotional, mental, and physical state regarding food and health will determine the foundation for your children’s well-being now and in the future.” — Michael Morningstar
If you are not prepared and proactive, the corporate world is all too happy to dictate their ideas to you and young minds. My goal is to offer simple steps and smart suggestions to help you make better choices and decisions. Your emotional state and your story will determine if your family faces a healing tragedy and health trauma or lives happily ever after.
When you comprehend the critical importance of your decisions based on your own behaviors, beliefs, and biology you will be better prepared to protect your family from the dark side of the beverage and food industry. Better choices and decisions now are a major investment in the health and well being of your family for generations to come. You are setting your children up for failure or success so choose wisely.
Investing a little time each day will help parents make better food, health, and nutrition choices to set your family up to win at the game of life. Your happiness and health depend on the choices and decisions we make every day. As parents, we were programmed by our parents and advertising so the same thing is happening with your children. It is never too late to look closely at the apps, codes, hardware, programming, and software we are uploading and updating. Guard your mind with the best antivirus, security system, and spam protection you can find.
Parenting Principles for Perfect Health
Parents must first identify their own Rules, Standards, and Ten Commitments that guide their food, health, and heart values. Anything is possible when you are in a peak positive psychology, strong mental state, and wear an unstoppable identity to lead your children and family. Be sure you have great peers, resources, and role models to lead you and you will be a great parental role model for your children who like monkey see and monkey do will role model you. The following simple suggestions are the foundation for a healthy home. When you shift your emotional, mental, and physical state into a proud parent superhero state your children will want to be your little superhero kids and shift their emotional, mental and physical state to mirror you.
- Focus on your eating choices and decisions first and kids will learn from you. Kids learn by doing and observing what you do. They are little copy cats. They learn by what they see more than by what you say.
- Learn about basic biology to understand digestion, elimination, and microbiome system.
- Learn about macronutrients. Carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Learn about micronutrients: antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements, and vitamins.
- Learn to read ingredients and labels to understand the content and consequences of food choices.
- Learn more about the mitochondria in your cells… your energy power plants.
- Take kids shopping and teach them the basics of how to avoid GMO fake foods and shop for healthy whole foods.
- Educate yourself on the six tastes: sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent. Learn what foods provide these and the benefits they offer. Enjoying foods with those tastes each day will help you have balance and better eating habits.
- Watch what ads, books, cable, magazines, movies, news, products, programs, and TV your children are exposed to as if they contained cancer or coronavirus germs. Brainwashing and marketing products start at a very young age when children are easily programmable.
- Avoid artificial coloring, dyes, flavorings, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), and chemical preservatives.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners (Aspartame, High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), Sucralose (Splenda), and Sugar beets (GMO).
- Avoid dairy from cows because it is designed and made for baby cows to grow fast. Goat or sheep milk in limited amounts like feta cheese can be OK. Nut milk or seed milk is a much better choice and easy to make. Sometimes called Nut or Seed Mylk.
- Avoid canola, corn, cottonseed, and soy oils because the majority are from GMO sources. Consume coconut and extra virgin olive oil instead.
- Avoid most bagels, bread, cereals, cookies, granola bars, pancakes, pop tarts, and toast made with wheat (typically contaminated with Glyphosate the herbicide). Some organic sprouted grain and seed products like Ezekiel or Genesis 1:29 can be OK.
- Organic oatmeal with organic butter or coconut oil, nuts and seeds, and a dash of honey, dried fruit, or stevia can be a healthy meal.
- A small serving of organic whole foods like apple, banana, a bowl of berries, citrus fruit, kiwi, lemon, lime, mango, and papaya are healthy.
- A small serving of at least four different organic rainbows of veggies like asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, chard, kale, and lettuce.
- A small serving of at least 2 different organic root veggies: beets, carrots, cassava, jicama, radish, rhubarb, sweet potato, taro, yam, or yucca.
- A small serving of at least two organic beans/ legumes per day like chickpeas, garbanzo, lentils, navy, peas, pinto, red, or white.
- A small serving of at least two organic grains or seed-like grains per day. Consider amaranth, brown rice, farro, quinoa, rye, or wild rice.
- A small serving of nuts daily like almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts.
- A small serving of seeds like amaranth, chia, flax, hemp, or quinoa.
- A small serving of sprouts: broccoli, lentils, mung bean, soybean (organic) is super nutritious.
- A small serving of herbs and spices each day: basil, chilies, cilantro, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, oregano, peppers (mild), rosemary, or turmeric.
- A small serving of cultured and fermented foods each day helps keep the doctor away. Try naturally cultured and fermented foods like kimchi, miso, natto, pickled fish, pickled veggies, sauerkraut, and tempeh. Make it educational and fun like a “food and fun” travel vacation.
- Introduce kids to a wide selection of foods from around the world and different cultures. Consider country and food theme nights where you research and prepare foods from other countries and cultures.
- Avoid OTC and prescription medicines (synthetic chemicals and compounds) with side effects and serious toxicity to your liver.
- People should be able to breathe through their nose easily all day and night. Any problems may indicate possible food and health issues.
- Eating after 7:00 PM has numerous harmful health consequences.
- Alignment, balance, flexibility, and posture are important to focus on optimal health and peak performance.
- Remember the Seventh Generation philosophy of the Iroquois Nation to protect future generations. “In every deliberation, we must consider the impact on the seventh generation… even if it requires having skin as thick as the bark of a pine.”
- Expand your awareness and understanding of holistic dental and oral health. How to brush and floss properly and why you must brush after every meal, smack and treat to protect your health. Brush after every meal and snack can save our gums, health, and teeth from a dental and health disaster.
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years’ rapidly approaching now is a great time to ponder your parenting principles regarding food, health, and nutrition for your family. Explain the dangers and harm from excess candy, gum, and sweets to your family.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. People can benefit from using these parenting principles for perfect health and happiness. How well will you apply these parenting principles to help you in 2020 and beyond?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.