How is your parenting energy and psychology holding up during this crazy coronavirus pandemic? It appears a lot of children and parents are stressing and struggling with school and all the factors and fears that are circulating in the world around us. This blog is designed to benefit and influence your emotional energy and positive psychology to help improve your outlook on life and parenting. Everything around us and in us consists of energy and information which influences our emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual well being. If you allow the external world to control you and your thinking it can drive you a bit coco and crazy so new strategies and suggestions may be helpful and timely.
We can all use this crazy coronavirus time to update and upgrade our energy and psychology to better decide and direct how we act, feel, and think. When we focus more on our behaviors, beliefs, and biology we can be better parents and partners. We can also make better choices and decisions in our daily life.
“Happiness, health, and peak performance boil down to a mental mantra and mindset…do whatever it takes to take care of your family. We all want to be proud parents with smart students and that requires us to be better at accessing all of our resources and role models and then being coach-able for guidance.” — Michael Morningstar
Every feeling, thought, and word you or your children express or hear establishes subtle energy and information programming that influences the choices and decisions we make in our daily life. We can be happier and healthier or we can be sadder and sicker depending on the emotions and experiences we choose to become part of our beliefs and behaviors. Adults and children alike are programmed much the way a cell phone or computer is programmed with apps, codes, and software. This then serves as our GPS (global position system) and OS (operating system). If we focus on anxiety, fear, and worry we can strain our brain and stress our body to the point we start to break down and malfunction. When we focus on gratitude, healing, and love we can manifest happiness and health.
Parenting Positive Principles Psychology
Parenting can be a challenging, confusing, and stressful time especially in light of this crazy coronavirus pandemic. We all know that too much stress around us can cause too much stress on families which is not good for our health or relationships. We know there are many books, experts, and other parents that have ideas on how to be a better parent. With all this in mind, I want to bring some awareness and assist in behavior modification to help parents be more relaxed, resilient, and resourceful. These ideas and suggestions are the best of the best that have helped me during my forty years of parenting my three amazing children. By shifting our emotional, mental, and physical state we can create new patterns in us that help us shift and be better able to help us help our children to shift their emotional and physical state.
Parenting Positive Principles A-Z
- Always tell the truth. Actions speak louder than words. Ask your kids questions every day to check-in. Discover the Power Of Questions.
- Beliefs become biology. Let them feel, hear, know, and see you be caring, loving, and understanding every day. Reading The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton, PhD. can help everyone better understand the power of beliefs.
- Committed, constant, and continual improvement each day leads to big benefits, results, and rewards. Baby steps lead to big success.
- Do the right thing. Do what you say you will do when you said you will do it. Integrity is a powerful virtue.
- Exercise each day like your health and life depends on it because it does. Your family must make fitness a priority because a healthy body creates a smarter and stronger brain. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is easy, fast therapy to help children and parents.
- Focus on the big stuff and forget the little stuff. People are stressing 80% over small stuff with less importance in the big picture.
- Great communication is based on being direct, honest, open, and safe all the time with everyone about everything.
- Happy, healthy, hopeful and hugging helps everything go better. Your homework is to invest ten minutes a day in self-improvement.
- Incantation is an affirmation repeated often with emotion, energy, and enthusiasm. I am resourceful…is a powerful driving force.
- Just say no to cheating, evil, and lying and say yes to god and good. You are meant to be a Force for Good. Let the Force be with You!
- Knowing what to do and doing what you know you must do is what separates Losers from Winners. If you know better and do stupid stuff you lean toward being a Loser and have yourself to blame. Stop making excuses and start taking responsibility for your results.
- Leaders step up. Life is a marathon with short sprints along the way. Pace yourself for the long game. Lecture less and Listen more.
- Meditation, mindfulness, and mindset will guide you and your family through this and that and whatever comes along.
- Nutrition is the fuel for the body and brain so choose wisely what you put in and on your body. Ask if this will harm or heal me.
- OK to say you do not know the answer and will follow up with one later.
- Peers are key for parents to pull and push you higher. Who are your peers and how can you update and upgrade your power peer group?
- Quality and quantity of time with your family will determine their destiny and your destiny. Choose wisely.
- Relationships are built on one small deposit at a time. Real relationships require an investment of time. Invest today wisely.
- Sleep is a vital part of our ability to process the world around us and be productive and make progress. Without sleep, you are in survival mode.
- Thinking Time is Totally Transforming. Think before you act or speak. Trust is a powerful trait that earns love, loyalty, and respect.
- Unless you understand how to anticipate and be prepared you will be caught off guard, surprised (unpleasantly), and struggle.
- Victory goes to those with valor, values, and vision. Each person in a family can create a Vision Board to declare their values and vision.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going. You are more resilient, resourceful, and tougher than you think.
- X can be the mark of a mistake, a multiplier, a spot on a treasure map, or a ten. Nothing has any meaning except the meaning we give it.
- Your beliefs and behaviors are your greatest strength and greatest weakest. Focus on your strengths and forgive your weaknesses so you become better.
- Zero good comes from anxiety, sadness, and worry. They come from living in the future or in the past. Living in the present is a gift.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. People can benefit from using the parenting positive principles to set a great example for themselves and their children for even more happiness and health now and in the future. How will you apply these parenting principles to help you in 2020 and beyond?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Can Dental Health Affect Our Mental Health?
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.
Michael awsome article. It is all about how to handle things and you gave them lots of tools here.
Thanks. Parenting Principles requires both an art a science to be more effective.