How well do you understand the vital role your vagus nerve plays in your overall health and well being?
Most people are unaware of the important roles the vagus nerve plays in hundreds if not thousands of different key functions in our body and brain.
Many doctors even say the vagus nerve may be the most important nerve function in our entire body due to the number of glands, muscles, organs, and systems it controls.
Many people are feeling more disoriented and disrupted which is draining their energy and morale and as a result, are confused about what to do to help recover and reset their feeling of calm and hope.
“With this crazy coronavirus pandemic causing so much anxiety, stress and worry now might be a great time to rethink simple steps you can take to boost your health, immune system, and sleep better.” — Michael Morningstar
My passion is helping people discover and make simple shifts to enjoy more happiness and health. A main focus and passion are finding ways for people to enhance their health and immune function with minimal energy and time.
I watched over 20+ hours of The Vagus Nerve Connection Summit by Dr. Eva Detko Ph.D., MSc. to learn the most current education and information. I took extensive notes and wrote e for several hours to provide you two, two-minute summaries of the top techniques and tips to tone and tune your vagus nerve. For those eager to take a deep dive you can check out the summit to help improve your emotional, mental, and physical well being.
Tips to Tame Tone Tune the Vagus Nerve
- Alcohol can interfere with our brain, digestion, hormones, liver, and sleep thereby affecting our vagus nerve function.
- Alignment of our anatomy when sitting and standing is vital for proper vagus nerve function. Check out Egoscue.com and MovNat.com for suggestions.
- Biofeedback can offer many benefits to reduce anxiety, pain, and stress.
- Biology of Beliefs by Bruce Lipton shares how we are the CEO of our consciousness and can direct our health more through epigenetics which is mostly lifestyle based rather than genetics.
- Botanical adaptogens often referred to as nootropics or super supplements are powerful plant-based natural medicines with many profound benefits. Examples include ashwagandha, astragalus, cacao, ginger, ginseng, green tea, maca, medicinal mushrooms, moringa, oregano, saw palmetto, seaweed, and turmeric
- Brain Gym is an easy and fun way to activate, balance, and synchronize our left and right brain hemispheres by doing various exercises and routines that cross over our median line
- Brain Tapping by Jim Donovan is an easy and fast way to calm our nervous system. Breathing, Breath of Fire, Breathwork, and Pranayama are powerful modalities to help our healing and health by supporting our autonomous nervous system and vagus nerve.
- Breath walk with mantras and mudras is an easy and fast way to boost the immune system and calm our nervous system. Even walking in place and saying Sat To Na Ma (mantras) while touching our fingers together (mudras) can have powerful benefits.
- CBD from cannabis or hemp has been found to be a natural and safe way to enhance our health and mood.
- Circadian rhythm awareness and maintenance is vital for health and well being.
- Chanting, drumming, humming, and singing help to reset the vagus nerve system back to parasympathetic dominance.
- Chiropractic care is excellent to correct alignment issues and promote energy flow.
- Coldwater immersion can help reset our vagus nerve to parasympathetic.
- Dancing and singing to your favorite music is an easy, fast, and fun way to calm your nerves and tame the vagus nerve.
- Dental health is very important for vagus nerve function. Bacteria, metals, and root canals in our mouth can cause major problems.
- Detoxing environmental toxins is a high priority including chemicals, heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, and plastics.
- Drumming is an easy and effective way to help calm our system according to Jim Donovan a well-known drummer and musician.
- Earthing is beneficial to help keep us centered, connected, and grounded.
- Eating smart for healthy gut & nerve function.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is an easy and fast tapping process to reduce emotional, mental, and physical issues that inhibit our vagus nerve function.
- Electro-Magnetic Fields EMF & EMR can have a detrimental effect on our nervous system and must be avoided, eliminated, reduced, and shielded as much as possible.
- Essential oils have been found to be helpful for health and well being. Bergamot, lavender, and rose essential oils are very calming.
- Exercise plays a vital role in our vagus nerve and overall health.
- Foods including a nutrient-dense organic rainbow of colors from whole foods support our health and vagus nerve function and tone.
- Avoid artificial/ synthetic ingredients, fake foods, fried foods, GMO, processed oils, and sugars.
- Gargling is a simple step to help reset the vagus nerve at any time.
- Havening Techniques is a combination of modalities to rejuvenate, reset, and restore vagus nerve function to optimal.
- Healing childhood trauma is an essential first step for long term optimal vagus nerve function.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) is important for our health & Heart Math can help improve it. HeartMath has many apps, CDs, and website resources to help support you improve your vagus nerve function.
- Hydration is key to health and all functions of our body.
- Hydrotherapy has been shown to offer many health benefits.
- Hypnotherapy is a powerful method to help reduce stress and reprogram our behaviors and thoughts.
- Infections and pathogens are issues that need to be cleared to promote efficient energy from our digestion and mitochondria.
- Intermittent fasting has many benefits in helping our digestion, hormones, and metabolism. It can help boost our energy, immunity, and vitality.
There are many more tips to tame, tone, and tune the vagus nerve in the next blog (The Vagus Nerve Part 2) next week.
This blog post is dedicated to helping people better support and understand their vagus nerve in order to avoid over-the-counter drugs, surgery, treatments, and unnecessary medications that can also rob you of your health and wealth if there are adverse reactions, harmful side effects or unforeseen consequences…
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. People can benefit from learning more about the complex role of our vagus nerve and some simple strategies to help keep it functioning in an optimal way. How well are your body and vagus nerve working and what will you do to improve and investigate more helpful health hacks in the future?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.