The previous Great NEWS post share Simple Steps to Cut Carbs and today we share Simple Solutions to Dental Dilemmas. Many children and adults are consuming too many refined carbs which are also harming their gums and teeth in the process. The previous blog post will help you cut carbs and today we share Simple Solutions to Dental Dilemmas to help keep your gums and teeth in perfect health.
A Healthy Smile Starts Here
Candies, deserts, dried fruit, fruit, fruit drinks, gum, juices, milk and sodas are especially bad for your health and teeth. The sugar in these items feeds the bacteria in the mouth which causes them to rapidly multiple and produce acids which cause tooth plaque, harm the gums and erode the tooth enamel. Most people do not know that bacteria in the mouth are one of the greatest risks for your health and heart. Yes, bacteria in the mouth are circulated through the blood and end up harming your heart.
Since we depend on our teeth to chew, cut, grind and breakdown our food for digestion and assimilation they play a vital role in our long term health and vitality. We only have one set of permanent teeth for our entire life so it is essential to take great care of them. Unless you want to end up with dentures you must learn the best strategies for taking great care of your gums, mouth and teeth.
Unfortunately there are many procedures and products in the market today that may actually be more harmful then helpful. Companies and dentists are businesses out to make money and many will recommend and use products or procedures that make them a lot of money at the expense of your dental and financial health.
Common Dental Recommendations that Harm:
- Amalgam filings
- Do-it-yourself teeth bleaching kits
- Gum to clean teeth and freshen your breath
- Excess metal used in braces, bridges and crowns
- Having all wisdom teeth removed
- Mouthwash containing alcohol, breath freshener, chemicals, colorings or fluorides which are toxic substances
- Root canals kill the tooth and allow bacteria to hide out deep inside the root of the tooth
- Using more than a pea size amount of toothpaste
- Using toothpaste with artificial flavorings, cleaners, fluoride, lauryl sulfate and other harmful compounds
Do not just take my word for this. It is so easy to let others make decisions for you and then years later end up regretting not becoming better informed and unable to correct a harmful procedure. It is essential to do your homework and research now regarding the various dental issues, procedures and products in order to make better choices. Look for a biological and holistic dentist to assist you with the optimal choices and protective strategies that will serve you best in the long term.
Basic Dental Health Strategies that Help:
- Avoid consuming certain antibiotics and chemicals (like fluoride) early on which can stain teeth
- Avoid snacking on sweets between meals
- Brushing your teeth several times a day, especially after eating carbs
- Brushing your tongue
- Cleanings on a regular basis
- Dental check ups for gums and teeth
- Eating healthy foods for proper tooth development
- Protecting your teeth from damage with a mouth guard during sports and a night guard while sleeping for teeth grinders
- Rinsing your mouth with water several times a day
Advanced Dental Health Super Strategies:
- Alkaline foods help keep the body alkaline and provide the alkaline minerals like calcium for strong teeth. Acidic drinks and foods rob the bones and teeth of alkaline minerals.
- Baking soda is alkaline and helps keep bacteria under control
- Calcium bentonite clay is alkaline and reduces bad bacteria
- Consume the antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, trace elements and vitamins the body needs for perfect health
- Electric tooth brush
- Essential oils are often safer than artificial
- Hydrogen peroxide based mouth wash
- Natural neem oil and cinnamon mouthwash is excellent
- Oil pulling is a process of holding a teaspoon of raw food oil in the mouth and swishing it around for at least 10 minutes. Common oils used are raw coconut oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, palm oil and sesame oil. A book could be written on the benefit of using raw oils for healthy body, cells, glands, gums, hormones, mind, mouth, teeth and vitality. (Note: while writing this post I am using raw coconut oil pulling to enhance my gums and teeth)
- Tooth soap made with essential oils, natural liquid castile soap and water many times better than and far cheaper that regular toothpaste. Great essential oils like cinnamon, myrrh, peppermint, spearmint and tea tree are refreshing and have been found to have many beneficial properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-viral.
- Water jet spray device to help clean gums
This Great NEWS post shared Simple Solutions to Dental Dilemmas to help you take even better care of your gums and teeth. My outcome is to better educate you on the risks we all face that can damage our gums, health and teeth which are essential for our long term happiness and health. These Simple Solutions to Dental Dilemmas may seem minor yet will have a major impact on your gums and teeth for overall health, vitality and well being.
What is your current Gap?
What gum, mouth or teeth challenges are you facing? When is the last time you had your teeth cleaned and examined? What new strategies must you begin applying now to help your gums and teeth be even healthier?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
What decisions have you made to stop doing the things that can harm your gums and teeth and start doing the things that can help them? Write them down and post them to the bathroom mirror where you will see them everyday and do them for 6 weeks until they are healthy habits.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or questions do you have regarding simple solutions to dental dilemmas?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
Cancer is Curable . . . Isn’t It?