How happy, healthy and heavenly is your brain? Many articles are revealing new insights learned about brain disease and disorders. Many have focused attention on various substances that seem to cause or contribute to these brain health issues. Researchers and scientists have learned there are brain boosters and brain busters we should be aware of if we care about our quality of life and longevity. Additionally there is significant research concerning foods that harm and foods that heal our brain. Today we write about the potential health hazards from prolonged expose to a wide variety of harmful chemicals and heavy metals. Then we shift gears to look at the benefits of foods, herbs and natural products that can help reverse, slow and even stop the deterioration of our brains and mental functions. Most people will experience various brain health challenges and issues at some time during their life. Poisons and toxins may well be some of the most common and detrimental factors harming our health and well being. My intention is to help educate and inspire more people to learn about various brain health hazards and what can be done to prevent and even reverse them. Yes, you read that right, we can prevent and reverse many brain issues by learning about brain health hazards and brain health helpers. As a long term personal fitness, health and nutrition coach and trainer I discovered a variety of skills, solutions, strategies and systems to promote better body and brain health. Over the years it has been important to research various health hazards and learn strategies to best serve me, my clients and soon visitors to our Belize Eco Village community wellness center project.
Chemicals and Heavy Metals – Friends or Foe
Many people believe chemicals and heavy metals are perfectly normal and useful to help in our every day life. They want to believe they are beneficial to build electronics and houses, clean houses, fertilize and eradicate weeds in crops and lawns, kill insects and weeds, treat fabrics to resist stains and wrinkles, and thousands of other uses. Unfortunately it is well documented that chemicals and heavy metals are also known to damage our bodies and brains. They can cause us to become immune compromised, sick, weak and even die. Chemicals and heavy metals can cause serious harm and death depending on the concentration, duration and type of exposure. All chemicals and heavy metals have serious consequences and side effects over time.
Many people believe chemicals and heavy metals are not healthy or normal even if they appear useful for improving various area of our lives. They feel that we are being overloaded, overwhelmed and over poisoned by the abundant, excessive and hidden use and misuse of chemicals and heavy metals in so many products in our lives. Significant evidence is indicating that chemicals and heavy metals used during the last 150 years are the major factors involving health hazards, poisons and toxins which are the major contributors to the death, deformities, disabilities and disease we see around us. We are currently experiencing an avalanche of health issues since companies and scientists began unleashing a tsunami of hazardous chemicals, synthetic compounds and heavy metals into almost every aspect of our daily lives. We are literally surrounded by chemicals, synthetic compounds and heavy metal toxins in our air, clothing, food, homes, land, water and work sites.
As mentioned in previous blog posts there is significant disinformation and misinformation designed to prevent us from knowing the truth about chemicals and heavy metals that are health hazards. While chemicals and heavy metals can cause serious disease and health hazards there are many ways to prevent and protect yourself. My years of research for the best health, nutrition and wellness programs and protocols has lead me to some great ideas, insights and inspiration for preventing and protecting against various chemical and heavy metal health hazards. My research has directed me to finding great resources and role models to help improve our health in a holistic way long term. Dr Mercola is a great resource and role model to educate you on the dangers of chemicals and heavy metals and how to cleanse and detox your body and brain. This will provide great guidelines while I am traveling to Alabama.
Chemicals and Heavy Metals Health Hazards
Some of the top sources of chemicals, synthetic compounds heavy metals brain busters can be found in common beverages, compounds, foods, and products. Be sure to read the entire legal disclosure, labels, warning and waivers first before exposing yourself to a health hazard since prevention is the best policy. Common chemical, synthetic compounds and heavy metal sources include:
- Alcohol, drugs and tobacco are well documented and known health hazards that harm us over excessive and extended use.
- Amalgam filings contain mercury. Here is a great article on how to detoxify your body from mercury.
- Chemicals for building, cleaning, treating apartments and homes. Cleaning products, detergents, shampoos, soaps and sun screens are frequently loaded with harmful chemicals even when label gentle, natural and safe.
- Energy companies and transportation industries produce, release and use a lot of chemicals and heavy metals. Burning coal releases a lot of toxic compounds and heavy metals like lead and mercury.
- Fabrics and materials for carpets, cars, clothing, furniture and homes.
- Farm, food production, garden, lawns and communities use massive amounts of chemicals and heavy metals. Herbicides and insecticides are some of the most toxic products and end up in our foods. Make smart choices and choose locally grown, nutrient dense, organic whole foods.
- Food additives, chemicals, coloring’s, flavorings, Genetically Engineered (GE), Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO), hydrogenated oils, preservatives, synthetic anything and trans fats. Avoid these.
- Gas and oil exploration and petroleum products use large amounts of chemicals, synthetic compounds and for decades contained lead a heavy metal.
- Genetically Engineered (GE) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) like canola, corn, cotton, soy, sugar beets. Are normally treated with glyphosate herbicide. These are so harmful they deserve a second mention and strong warning.
- Medical products, OTC and prescription medicines, and vaccines use many chemicals, heavy metals and synthetic compounds which have serious adverse reactions and side effects.
- Manufacturing, mineral extraction, and mining are known to release large amounts of hazardous and toxic chemicals and heavy metals. See The Story of Stuff for more details.
- Plastic chemicals, ingredients and synthetic compounds.
Body and Brain Boosters & Health Helpers
Some of the top sources of body and brain boosters can be found in common beverages, foods and health products. Be sure to read the entire ingredients label, legal disclosure, warning and waivers before consuming any beverage, food, supplement, vitamin or water. Common sources for preventing and reversing health issues caused by chemicals, synthetic compounds and heavy metals include:
- Activated charcoal
- Bee products
- Calcium bentonite clay
- Cultured and fermented raw foods
- Enzymes: digestive and metabolic
- Herbal helpers: bark, flowers, leaves, roots, seeds, vines
- Juicing green plants, roots and vegetables
- Mineral and trace elements in nutrient dense organic whole foods and sea salt
- Nuts: almonds, Brazil nuts, cashew, coconut, hazelnut, macadamia, pecans, pistachios, walnuts,
- Prebiotics and probiotics
- Root foods and vegetables
- Seeds and sprouted seeds: chia, pumpkin, sunflower,
- Sea weeds
- Vitamins: derived from organic whole food sources
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2017 Morningstar NEWS will continue our 50% focus on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats and Sustainability Strategies. As we design our new Belize Eco Village wellness center we will research and role model proven principles. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of eco-conscious and passionate people to help design, build and live in our eco friendly, healthy and sustainable community. Imagine the advantages of exercise, fitness and health routines to stay healthy as we invest, live, retire, travel, visit and work better while enjoying an even more happy, healthy and heavenly lifestyle. We will focus on those ideas, insights and inspiration as we provide more progress pictures and vivid videos. Stay tuned for progress posts with more solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to develop the 149 acres of Caribbean pine ridge and broad leaf forest.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are harming your happiness and health? What will it take for you to protect your family and self from the damage, degradation and destruction occurring right now? What unhealthy habits are you willing to stop being a part of the problem in order to start being a part of the solution instead? Could simple steps like exercise, fitness and nutrition help stop the problem and start a transformation of your body, mind and spirit? Only your investment of energy and time will tell.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is well documented that our daily habits and habitats greatly impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom regarding healthy habits to start and health hazards to stop. What are you willing to do differently to protect your self and family with better choices? Creating a healthy habits and habitat code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance the quality of life for everyone now and in the future. We cannot sustain our happiness and health with a lack of proper exercise, fitness and nutrition. Are you ready to change your old habits for some new and empowering ones? Learn more about the dangers of chemicals, synthetic compounds and heavy metals from Dr. Mercola who is a great resource and role model for happiness and health.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Great NEWS blog:
Can People Prevent Plastic Poison and Pollution?