Most people are struggling with restless sleep and sleep deprivation. How well do you really understand the basic principles for rejuvenating and revitalizing sleep? As we focus on healthy habits for 2018, sleep sabotage and sleep struggle is a common comment many people share. When you are committed to implementing simple suggestions to stop the unhealthy habits that create sleep sabotage you will enjoy better sleep. A key step to improve our health is to improve our quality of sleep on a daily basis. Many people feel that sleep is simply laying down to relax and rest after a long day. For emotional, mental and physical well being it is essential to master and understand the fundamentals of relaxing and restful sleep. Remember small shifts in our physiology and psychology can have a major influence on our positive performance and progress over time.
7 Small Steps Sabotage Sleep
- Alcohol overuse disrupts our happiness and health. It is a major contributor to impaired sleep.
- Blue lights from LED electronic devices and screens are over stimulating our bodies and brains. This can start a chain reaction that both alters and inhibits our sleep so we are staying up to late and disrupting our sleep cycles. Light and sound pollution are major issues impairing our sleep. The overload of electro-magnetic frequencies (EMF) that run our devices also sabotages our sleep.
- Coffee, colas and energy drinks are well known caffeine stimulants that unfortunately cause too many people to feel stressed, tired and wired with over active adrenal glands and nervous system.
- Drugs are synthetic chemicals and have side effects. Whether they are prescription (Rx) or Over the Counter (OTC) all drugs affect our body and brain balance and our complex chemistry.
- Eating too late and too much before bedtime impairs our quality of sleep. Eating after 7 PM affects our biorhythm and digestion.
- Exercise is known to help maintain our mental, physical and spiritual fitness which contributes to relaxing and restful sleep. People that do not exercise on a regular basis often have sleep issues.
- People are out of sync with their biological clock and the seasons which impacts their sleep. Most people do not understand the importance of our day and night life being synchronized with our biorhythms and the circadian rhythms. Most people have a disruption in their melatonin, serotonin and sleep cycles due to being so disconnected and out of balance with the powerful primordial principles that govern our lifestyle and lives.
These 7 sad steps sabotage sleep which harms our long term happiness and health. We must make quality sleep a top priority if we want to stay happy and healthy.
7 Sleep Success Suggestions
There are numerous books, studies and training’s for simple steps to sleep success. We sleep best when we create a dark, quiet and safe sleep space and develop it into a habit. Our body, mind and spirit needs time to regenerate, rest and restore. Your decisions, habits and lifestyle determine your sleep sabotage or sleep success. The seven sleep success suggestions to create a healthy sleep routine are:
- Avoid alcohol or at least avoid it after 7:00 PM. Alcohol inhibits our quality of sleep.
- Avoid or reduce blue lights after 7:00 PM. If you must be around blue lights wear blue blocker glasses. Keep electronic devices out of the bedroom at night.
- Avoid coffee and tea with caffeine after 12:00 PM and colas and energy drinks at all times. Try herbal teas, tinctures and tonics instead.
- Avoid drugs unless absolutely necessary as a temporary measure to save your life. Fine a herbal remedy or natural alternative and make the lifestyle changes necessary to rebalance your body and brain for health. Find a functional medicine practitioner to help you.
- Avoid eating after 7:00 PM. Avoid overeating at all meals. Avoid fake, fast and junk foods. Learn the benefits of nutrient dense organic plant based whole foods nutrition. Add organic healthy fats and oils to help stabilize your blood sugar and brain to operate for peak performance.
- Energize and exercise during the day to condition your body and brain.
- Time in nature and tuning into the magic moments of life and the universe around you helps us to reset and re synchronize our biorhythms with the circadian rhythms of the planet. Meditation, mindfulness and prayers are great ways to help reduce stress and reset your biological clock. They also help reconnect us to our higher power.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2018 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats. As we research and role model proven principles for a fantastic future we are eager to share these words with wisdom. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of eco conscious people to help design, build and live in a more sustainable way. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems will help all of us design and develop better eco communities.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your happiness and health? What is your motivation for making better choices to avoid health hazards and adopt healthy habits? Investing in our health helps protect our wealth. When we are happy, healthy and holistic we naturally shift to a more sustainable ecological, economical and environmental friendly lifestyle.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats directly impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom showing the benefits of conscious choice for a happy and healthy life. What are you willing to do today to embrace better choices in 2018? Creating a healthy habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. Our happiness and health benefit from healthy challenges, changes and choices.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Far Infra Red Therapy Benefits