As I travel more to Belize it is concerning that more adults, children and teens look sad, sick, stressed and tired just like people in the US and other countries. It seems these issues may be related to the same global factors we are facing which includes lack of: chemical free water, fresh air, great nutrition, healthy lifestyle and wellness routines? The doctors and Ministry of Health in Belize are describing numerous health and life style issues resulting from people not making exercise, hydration and nutrition top priorities. Unfortunately many people in Belize lack education on the vital role that exercise, fitness and nutrition plays in our emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well being. A valuable mantra to remember is “my health is the foundation for my wealth” and “my mental and physical health influences my family and financial health”.
With more advertising and cable and TV channels it seems we are all making more bad, mad and sad choices without being fully aware of the consequences. Many adults and children are playing more video games and watching more shows on TV instead of staying active and fit. Companies are promoting and producing more unhealthy foods also. As a result the health professionals are dealing with more diabetes, disease, low energy, immune issues, inflammation, obesity and sickness every day due to the deteriorating conditions of most individuals in modern society. These challenges result from a lack of health education, lax lifestyle, poor posture and Standard Artificial Diet (SAD). The challenge is to place more focus and importance on exercise, fitness and nutrition education for adults and children alike. When we make our health, lifestyle, nutrition and well being top priorities we will stop the health care crisis and start a health care evolution. This post will share simple suggestions and strategies to improve every aspect for health, vitality and well being.
Too many people are consuming unhealthy beverages, fast foods, fake foods, junk foods and highly processed foods even though Belize has some of the best fresh healthy whole foods in the world. Kids in Belize are becoming hooked on electronics, games, movies and TV just like kids around the world. This is leading to major health, nutrition and wellness issues. This information is intended to help educate, inspire and motivate people in Belize and everywhere to make exercise, fitness and nutrition an integral part of their identity and lifestyle. As a long term health advocate I share a variety of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to promote vibrant energy, fitness, health and nutrition.
Ads, markets and media are influencing Belizeans to buy too many fake, fast, junk, processed and snack foods. As a result too many people are wasting their money on low quality and high cost junk and processed foods. Case in point: I can buy 7 bananas at the market in Hopkins for $ 1 BZ that weight about 2 to 3 pounds total. The markets sell a few ounce package of corn or potato chips for the same or more money. The packaged foods are mostly devoid of good nutrition and the distribution and packaging wastes fuel and creates litter in the community and on the roads. Sodas are over one $ dollar BZ and costs about $.10 for the bottle, sugar and water. Buying water in bags and bottles is expensive and causing litter all over Belize.
Because of poor buying and eating habits every day people are doing themselves a disservice and putting themselves at greater risk for health issues like diabetes. In addition they are also developing other bad habits to compensate for not giving the body the exercise and movement it was designed for, deserves and desires. Lack of good exercise, fitness and nutrition has a direct link to long term health deterioration and results in wear and tear which damages our bodies, bones and brains. Remember there is always good healthy and local foods when you plan your day and travel to have access to it.
As mentioned in previous blog posts most people are brainwashed and hypnotized into believing the advertisements and marketing promoting packaged foods. This is starting a chain reaction in Belize where more food is being imported in cans and containers from Mexico and other countries which robs Belizeans of income and jobs. It is therefore essential to buy locally grown nutrient dense organic whole foods to promote the local economy and support the farmers of Belize. Years of research for better fitness, health, nutrition and wellness practices and protocols has helped me to gain great ideas, insights and inspiration for education and programs that can yield significant benefits very quickly. My research has identified great resources and role models to help this and improve many aspects of your health and lifestyle in the process.
Buy Belize to Benefit Belizeans
As people learn to teach, think and train their brain and body to be healthy, be organic, build eco friendly and buy local the economy of Belize will improve. By avoiding unhealthy habits and habitats Belizeans will improve the health of Belize and themselves.
- A lack of awareness about eco materials, green construction and sustainable communities prevents Belize from creating a more eco friendly, green, prosperous and sustainable communities. Once people understand the benefits of building and living in Compressed Earth Block (CEB) homes they will greatly improve their quality of life while reducing the incidence of disease.
- A lack of basic food, health and lifestyle knowledge plus emotional, mental, and physical stress worldwide is the big contributor to disease and poverty. Better building combined with better nutrition will have a big beneficial impact for Belize.
- Big Ag, Big Bank, Big Chem, Big Oil and Big Pharma have the influence, money and power to control and dominate the trends in the global markets. They are not looking out for peoples health and well being. Spending money on cheap, harmful and poor quality products will rob Belizeans of financial freedom and future stability.
- Most people are showing signs of chemical toxicity. This is most likely the result from being around toxic chemicals, fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, pesticides and soaps used in farms and villages. The body surrounds toxins with fat and stores them as a protection mechanism.
- Their are too many cooked carbs and sugars in Belize. People are not eating enough alkaline greens, healthy herbs and nutrient dense organic whole foods.
- There are proven principles for perfect health and a big need in Belize for education on health, lifestyle, nutrition and wellness strategies.
- Better food choices, preparation and timing are key skills to be taught. Combine this with healthy food combining, juicing, nutrient dense organic whole foods and preparation will improve the health, longevity and productivity of Belizeans.
- Awareness on strategies to cleanse, detox and intermittent fasting would be a big benefit to Belize. A gallbladder flush and liver detox with lemon, lime, grapefruit juice, Epsom salt and coconut oil (or olive oil) is very beneficial. Also sourcing a raw organic tropical fruit Cider Vinegar (CV) is beneficial. Colon cleansing and colon hydrotherapy are also very helpful. While at a restaurant near Maya Centre Village I over heard a man talk about a study on fasting for immune system reset. I quickly introduced myself and asked him some questions about the program he read about. Seems that David Gonzalez is one of the very few people in Belize who is eagerly learning about more advanced natural health methods. He knew about the benefits of cleansing and detoxing and took action with a fast. He is eager to learn more information to educate himself and I told him he could be a role model to help others. He shared this University study with me which helps educate people on the many benefits of fasting. Thanks for sharing the great article David.
- A big challenge is helping people discover their optimal body mass and weight. Too many people are gaining excess body fat and developing high blood sugar which is a recipe for sickness.
- Most people in Belize appear to be too acidic from their eating, lifestyle and nutrition. The vast majority of people in Belize, US and world wide are more acidic due to unhealthy: eating, environment, lifestyle, parasites, stress and toxins. I suggested to David to find some litmus paper to test his acidic vs alkaline balance.
- More people discovering the benefits of activated charcoal, Calcium bentonite clay and healing herbs would be a big benefit in Belize.
- General indicators for current and future health are what people normally drink and eat. In Belize it is the consumption of too much fried foods, starch and sugar causing problems. What you eat consistently and normally are the keys to health. More people willl benefit by eating more alkaline foods. Fresh foods are best. People are consuming too little green things especially raw or lightly sauted foods. Our body benefits from green foods 3 times a day. Regularly eating super foods like aloe, amaranth, callaloo, chia, cactus, chlorella, moringa, spirulina and sea weed is super healthy but few families but do it. Also use sea salt instead of table salt. David and I communicated about maybe creating a product or supplement with many of these ingredients to help make it easier for the average Jane and Joe to improve their health.
- Oils like 123, canola, corm, soy and vegetable oils and shortening are unhealthy especially when heated to high temperatures or frying foods. Only animal fat, (butter, lard), coconut, cohune and palm oil should be heated and used for food preparation. David is one of the few people who new about the dangers of shortening which is widely used in Belize to fry foods.
- Our body stores acidic toxins and waste products in fat cells as a protective mechanism. Fasting helps release these toxins and they must be eliminated quickly to avid being reabsorbed into the body. Litmus paper can help a person observe the degree of acidity.
- When you read more about cooked foods you learn about the loss of digestive and metabolic enzymes. Especially cooked dairy, eggs, fruit and meat. It may be best to avoid dairy except a little butter.
- When you learn about the many benefits of properly cultured and fermented foods you will find out how simple it is to receive these benefits. Having a healthy gut biome with a good mix of probiotics is essential.
- Dehydration from lack of enough water is a big problem in Belize. Almost everyone in Belize is constantly dehydrated. Anything other than clear urine is a sign of dehydration and results in low energy levels. Even though David was doing a fast and drinking a lot of water he still looked dehydrated (based on his eyes and skin). This was probably a combination of lack of electrolytes,not drinking enough for his body weight and too any toxins being released too quickly.
- Many people in Belize are suffering from chronic bacteria and parasite problems. The son of one man I know had his son in the hospital for 4 days due to this. It is important to implement consistent bacteria and parasite cleanses regularly. The great news is there are many local plants in Belize that are great for dealing with parasites. Specific blood and stool tests will verify and quantify the types present. The aspects of body composition, digestion, endocrine system, eyes, hormones, liver function, memory, reflexes, skin condition, stomach, tongue, and wellness give good markers for longevity and well being.
- Agriculture chemicals, heavy metals, plastics and toxins plays a big role in our health. The environment plays a big role. Body care products and household chemicals.also play a major role.
- Most cleaners, detergent, shampoo and soaps are very toxic. Belize like the rest of the world uses too many toxic chemicals.
This blog is a consolidating of my suggestions and thoughts for the benefit of people and professionals in Belize and the Ministry of Health as well as globally. I know some of you do not feel fully comfortable yet with this conversations on fasting, foods, environment, juicing, health and wellness but with a commitment to constant improvement you will. After an investment of energy and time you will soon be way more knowledgeable than the majority of people and become a good local role model. This article covers a wide world of wisdom on topics for the tropics.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2017 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats and Sustainability Systems. As we educate people on our future Belize Eco Village and wellness center we are researching and role modeling proven principles. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of conscious and passionate people to help design, build and live in our eco friendly, healthy and sustainable community. Being healthy as we invest, live, retire, travel, visit and work results from a happy, healthy and heavenly lifestyle. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus on planning and progress. Progress posts will share solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to develop the 149 acres of Caribbean pine ridge and broad leaf forest into a holistic sanctuary.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are harming your happiness and health? What will it take to better protect your family and self from the unhealthy and unnatural fake foods? What unhealthy habits are you willing to stop doing in order to start being a part of the solution instead? Could being more focused on health and nutrition be more energizing and supportive on your health journey? Only your investment of energy, money and time to learn more will decide.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is well documented that our daily habits and habitats greatly impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom regarding healthy habits to start and health hazards to stop. What are you willing to do differently to protect your self and family with better food and lifestyle choices? Creating a healthy habits and habitat code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance the quality of life now and in the future. We cannot sustain our happiness and health without healthy changes and choices. Are you ready to change your old habits and add some new and empowering ones? Learn more about the benefits of nutrient dense organic whole foods to enhance your quality of life. For those looking to take action for insights, inspiration and improvements ask yourself what things must happen in order for you to be fulfilled, happy and loved. Begin to set your brain and intentions on eating healthy in order to better support your emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and step up to join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.