How well do you understand the benefits of wood construction? Wood construction has evolved over thousands of years and offers an affordable, ecological and practical choice for someone interested in building a sustainable home. Wood construction can be a good decision for your health, investment and lifestyle with the right location and methods and this post will help you decide if it may be right for you. It is a very effective and efficient means for building a home when combined with other natural construction methods that can save money, resources and time compared to more conventional houses using synthetic and toxic materials. You may be asking which wood construction is most beneficial and how do I learn the basics and benefits to provide more ecological and economical living space.
Earth friendly wood construction is typically a combination of natural materials like cement, clay, lime, metal, mortar, rock and stone. These materials are the basic building blocks found in most countries around the world. Wood construction is most earth friendly when it uses the material locally for affordable, durable and practical solutions for home building. It can conserve energy, materials and resources by using the natural and renewable resources found locally. Wood construction by design can be a fairly easy process with the normal costs for labor and material. Well built and designed wood construction can be built off grid and in remote areas to provide a cost and energy efficient home and lifestyle.
World of Wood Construction
Wood construction can be a great solution for the housing needs of a wide variety of people when done well. When done poorly wood construction results in massive amounts of trees and wood going to waste. When cob construction and wood construction are combined with clever architecture and creative planning it can offer a healthy home and sustainable lifestyle. With a good design and mostly local materials you can enjoy the benefits of an affordable, durable, energy efficient and sustainable home for a cost effective simple lifestyle. Eco friendly cob construction and wood construction can help provide quality healthy homes with a lower carbon footprint and price tag compared to modern conventional homes.
Cob and wood construction provides a relatively easy and fast way to build and provide a comfortable, durable and eco friendly home. Wood construction can withstand a wide variety of climates and conditions when properly designed, maintained and well built. Creative wood construction designs can offer a wide selection of safe, strong and sustainable designs. Creative architects, designers and engineers using Computer Automated Design (CAD), combined with efficient and modern wood working facilities can maximize wood products. Cob and wood construction can benefit the owner with lower energy, maintenance and repair costs. Cob construction and wood construction offers eco friendly choices that may contain less toxins than most conventional modern homes. There are many examples of well built and designed cob and wood construction that has lasted for 100+ years of practical use with minimal maintenance and upkeep in many countries. The current global economy, energy issues and environmental concerns are encouraging more people to reduce their carbon footprint and rethink energy efficient home designs, ideas and options. Cob construction and wood construction combined offers a better alternative to many conventional houses built with harmful materials. Maybe building one is the perfect habitat and healthy home for you and your family.
Many people could be better off with cob and wood construction they build themselves rather than spending a fortune buying a conventional house our mobile home containing lots of toxic chemicals and materials that will off gas for decades. Many people are going deep in debt with a big 30 year mortgage and payments creating a major drain on their health, money, resources and time for low quality material and workmanship housing units. Building or buying cob and wood construction can offer you a better option since it requires less fossil fuel resources to provide more cost and energy efficient features for cooling, heating and insulation. It offers an affordable, durable, eco friendly, efficient, functional and sustainable home that can meet a family’s long term needs. This information is intended to help educate, inspire and motivate people to look at cob and wood construction that can be a cost effective way to minimize their carbon footprint with a more sustainable lifestyle.
Many smart people are waking up to discover that cob and wood construction offers better building alternatives. When we invest the energy, money and time to educate our selves and demand better construction choices we find some amazing new ideas and options available. The last two years of research and travel for better eco friendly construction practices has helped me gain great ideas, insights and inspiration for developing and designing eco homes for our Belize Eco Village.
Benefits of Cob and Wood Construction
As more people investigate, learn and research about saving energy, simpler lifestyle, sustainable solutions and transition towns the idea of using cob and wood construction is an obvious choice. We will see more cob and wood construction in earth friendly, master planned and sustainable communities. As more people understand the benefits of building and living in well designed cob and wood construction homes they will discover the benefits over conventional homes that can negatively impact their finances, health and lifestyle. Cob and wood construction can offer better buildings to help provide the growing global need for affordable and healthy homes. Cob and Wood construction benefits include:
- Blending natural and renewable materials can create a very earth friendly and healthy home.
- Cob is affordable and plentiful. Cob and wood construction are a great combination for a better result.
- Some wood grows quickly so it provides a durable and renewable building material. Wood is versatile and can build many different floor plans. Modern wood workshops are more efficient and effective at utilizing more wood product without waste. Wood fibers and saw dust can be used with cob construction.
- Wood can be used for a variety of unique building designs and features.
- Building with cob and wood with local materials like cement, clay, lime, sand, rock and stone is eco friendly and sustainable construction.
- Flexible designs and shapes offer attractive and creative sustainable homes. Wood can be used in beams, ceilings, floors, furniture, panels, roofs and walls.
- Cob and Wood are natural and non toxic building materials which are beneficial for people with chemical sensitivities.
- Wood construction is best suited for local sources to avoid expensive transportation costs.
- Wood offers renewable and sustainable building materials for external and internal home use.
- Transportation costs are reduced when using local clay, rock, sand, stone and wood construction.
- Potential concerns and considerations with wood construction include: building codes, bugs, city planning, pests, quality control, septic systems, waste water issues, weather and zoning restrictions. Be careful to avoid chemically treated woods and toxic particle boards.
- The best way to get educated and excited about cob and wood construction is to learn directly from the experts. Groundwork offers a wealth of information on wood construction as a viable option for many eco friendly people looking to transition to a smaller carbon footprint and sustainable lifestyle. Mother Nature Network offers a wealth of information on cob and wood construction. Eco-Sense shares a wealth of information on cob and wood construction that is impressive and inspiring. Mother Earth News had an interesting article with comparisons between various eco construction options.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2017 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats and Sustainable Systems. As we research and role model proven principles for our future Belize Eco Village and wellness center we are eager to share the wisdom we find. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of conscious and passionate people to help design, develop, build and live in our eco friendly, healthy, sustainable transition community. Being healthy as we invest, live, retire, travel, visit and work results from a happy, healthy and heavenly lifestyle. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems will help all of us design and develop better eco communities.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your happiness and health? What will it take to make better choices to avoid the health hazards of unhealthy homes? Investing in cob and wood construction could provide a healthy home that offers great value. Your investment of energy, money and time will help you understand the benefits of owning a healthy house made of cob and wood construction. Does supporting an ecological environment and sustainable standard of living sound appealing enough to check out cob and wood construction?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom showing the benefits of building eco friendly adobe construction as a healthy habitat and wise choice. What are you willing to do to provide more sustainable housing choices? Creating a healthy habitat code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance the quality of life now and in the future. We cannot sustain our happiness and health without healthy changes and choices. Are you ready to de-clutter, detox and down size in order to build with cob and wood construction that is modern, modular and more sustainable?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.