These Top Ten Healthy Hair Habits are easy to do and can make a big improvement in your hair and health. Most adults and children are abusing their hair and head which results in many beauty and body care issues. This blog post shares simple steps to help you stop stressing, struggling and suffering from hair and scalp issues. Healthy hair habits will help you stop harming your head with artificial chemicals and compounds and start special suggestions to naturally protect your hair. Sorry this blog posted late because I was busy as a Trainer at Unleash the Power Within in Dallas
How to Have a Healthy Head of Hair
Simple factors affect the quality of your hair and scalp. Therefore it is vital to understand what affects the quality of your hair, hair follicles and scalp so this post will help you better understand how to protect your hair.
First, stop doing harmful treatments and toxic chemicals to your hair and scalp like bleaching, blow drying, coloring, conditioning, dying, ironing and shampooing which have been shown to impact the quality of your hair and scalp. Basic Tender Loving Care (TLC) hair and scalp suggestions will encourage your hair to be healthy and to reduce excess hair damage and loss.
Second start paying attention to your blood pressure, hormones, lifestyle, medications, minerals, protein intake, sleep, stress, and vitamins which have a huge impact on the quality of your hair and health.
While balding has been linked to a genetic trait it is well documented that epigenetics plays a bigger role in our overall health and well being. Lifestyle and nutrition play a major role in hair growth and vitality. Many cheap and expensive hair care products on the market today actually do more harm to your hair than help. Eat nutrient dense organic whole foods and use natural products externally and internally to prevent hair loss and restore healthy, strong and vibrant hair.
Hair grows from hair follicles and is made from protein. Health, heredity, and hormones play a significant role in the quality and quantity of our hair. Ayurveda (Science of Life) shares how hair is greatly influenced by your dosha (body type). Oil glands at the hair follicle also affect our hair. Healthy hair depends on a healthy body so a healthy lifestyle helps. See my previous blog for Healthy Hair in Seven Simple Steps.
Top Ten Healthy Hair Habits
- Consuming a healthy combination of carbohydrates, essential fats and proteins is essential for health and healthy hair. Avoid GMO products such as canola, corn, soy and sugar beets, and animal products fed GMO crops.
- Eat organic whole foods with enzymes, minerals, nutrients, probiotics, proteins, trace elements, and vitamins.
- Consume high-quality protein from organic animal (minimum) or plant (maximum) products. Great plant organic protein sources include algae, avocados, beans, coconut, green plants, hemp seeds, herbs, legumes, nuts, roots, seeds, seaweeds and tubers.
- Vitamins are essential for healthy hair. Consuming sufficient amounts of Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K is a major component for healthy hair. The vitamins must be from properly prepared and processed whole food sources. Avoid synthetic vitamins which can be harmful.
- Minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium, and zinc can help reduce hair loss. Minerals are essential for healthy blood, cells, mitochondria and tissues. A healthy body increases circulation to the scalp and hair follicles for hair growth.
- Brushing combing and massaging your scalp is important for healthy hair. Avoid using synthetic toxic chemical hair products. Most people use too much shampoo and too often. Only use a small amount of natural organic products like castile soap for healthy hair. Natural hair treatments include external and internal use of coconut, olive and sesame oil. Also consider using raw apple cider vinegar, avocado, egg, essential oils, herbs, honey, and oatmeal on your head.
- Proper hydration is essential for maintaining healthy hair. Drinking adequate water every day to keep your urine clear is important for health and healthy hair. The hair shaft is about 25% water.
- Alkalize and energize is a common health mantra. Consume alkaline beverages and foods to strengthen your hair follicles and health. Avoid and reduce acidic beverages like alcohol, coffee (chemical and mold contamination), energy drinks, juices, and sodas to reduce these health hazards. Acidic beverages and foods are hard on the body and brain. Avoid fake, fast and fried foods. Consume large quantities of low temperature heated and raw foods every day.
- Hormones play a major role in hair growth so be sure to maintain and monitor your hormones for optimal health. Estrogen and testosterone may decrease with age and impact the body’s balance and hair growth. Compounding bioidentical hormones for men and women is another way to maintain your hair and health. Many natural whole foods also provide hormone balancing which offers an exciting opportunity for maintaining a healthy body.
- Stress reduction with exercise, meditation, and yoga can have a major impact on your health and well being. Cortisol is released under stress and excessive stress is a major contributor to poor health and unhealthy hair.
The hair care industry consumes billion of dollars for hair coloring, conditioners, dyes, shampoos, styling and treatments for hair products and services. The bottom line is that healthy hair can be naturally supported with dietary changes, holistic health protocols, lifestyle modifications, natural hygiene and organic products. The key is to educate yourself and read every label to understand the ingredients and risks.
Billions of dollars are spent to treat troubled hair rather than discover the hidden causes and dangers. Adults and children will benefit from learning the best hair care methods to establish as lifestyle habits. The goal of this post is to share ten healthy hair habits that are simple to do.
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS is to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Remember … Healthy hair starts with a healthy body so make health a top priority.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Is Cannabis An Answer for Cancer?
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.
Leave a Reply