How are you responding to the fear, stress, and worry portrayed in the news about the Wuhan China coronavirus (2019-nCoV)? What resources will help you right now to focus on a massive action plan to improve your health and immune system? On January 10th I posted the Winter Health – Words with Wisdom without knowing how profound and timely the blog post would be regarding the China coronavirus (2019-nCoV) event capturing headlines in the news. Now is a great time to read or reread those strategies and suggestions to be even more diligent about enhancing your immune system and protecting your health. My goal is to encourage you to read that post as well the one I posted on January 18, 2018, titled the 7 Great Healthy Herbal Teas for help with prevention and protection benefits during the winter flu and virus seasons and throughout the year.
It is important to remember that our actions, beliefs, and habits on a daily basis are the key factors that determine our health and resiliency. Remember that a virus seeks an inviting, vulnerable and weakened host to provide a habitat that allows them to adapt, grow and multiply so choose wisely what you do and do not do improve your immune system in order to make yourself more resistant and resilient.
Virus Words with Wisdom
Making great choices and decisions in our daily behaviors and habits sets us up to stay healthy in spite of a wide range of bacteria, germs, and viruses around us. As we move further into winter and with the concerns about the China coronavirus (2019-nCoV) it is essential to focus on giving our body extra support. When there is less sunshine, more cold weather, more confined indoor time and significant stress it is important to focus on enhanced immune strategies. Here are bonus strategies to help put your body in a prime prevention and protection position.
- Apple cider vinegar (organic and raw) has beneficial properties. Many people take natural flu shots made with ACV, herbs, and spices.
- Avoid cold drinks which can drain valuable energy and warmth. Drink warm healthy herbal teas all day to boost immunity.
- Consume lots of natural organic whole foods for Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. Taking natural quality supplements also helps.
- Avoid synthetic skincare products and take extra care of your skin. In the winter the skin can become cracked and dry which can lead to infections and irritations. Our skin has a natural microbiome and needs extra TLC. Consume only high-quality organic fats and oils. Buy and consume only extra virgin coconut and olive oil and put some on your skin.
- A vaporizer or diffuser with essential oils is a great way to add more moisture back into your home or office. Dry winters and heaters are well known for drying out the air which can irritate our sinus cavities. Eucalyptus may be one of the most important essential oils to use often during the flu and virus season.
- Avoid alcohol and add additional antioxidants to your day. Consider herbal and medicinal kombuchas which can contain antioxidants that come from herbal plant ingredients especially those with vibrant colors.
- Colloidal silver and iodine have been found to be helpful since they both have antiviral properties.
- Ingredients like baking soda and green powders in water are helpful to alkalize and energize, which helps fortify our immune system.
- Lemons, limes, and oranges are usually very plentiful in winter and provide a great natural source for vitamin C. (Hint: use the peel.)
- Far infrared heating lamps, pads, and saunas are beneficial all year long.
- Fasting and restricting calories have many benefits, especially during the winter. Eating only two meals a day like lunch and dinner helps our body save energy with one less meal to digest and helps us burn fat for fuel and reduce excess weight.
- Kimchi and sauerkraut made the natural way (fermented) provide prebiotics and probiotics to keep our microbiome healthy and strengthen our immune system. Adding additional healthy herbal ingredients and spices adds extra antioxidants and flavor.
- Growing and consuming fresh herbs and spices can offer many antiviral health benefits. Most plants produce healthy essential oils.
- Avoid most cheese, dairy, or milk which often causes congestion, constipation, mucus, and phlegm. (Not to mention the antibiotics and hormones in them.)
- Avoid the majority of highly processed and refined products that usually contain unhealthy ingredients.
- Avoid media that focuses on fear, violence, and war. Find resources that help you feel educated and empowered.
- “Smile, don’t worry, be happy” is a line from a song and words with wisdom. Do things daily to create more happiness and joy.
- Beech, cedar, magnolia, maple, and pine bark make a natural healthy herbal tea with many potent antioxidants.
- Meditation and mindfulness can help our body and mind make better choices to stay healthy and resilient.
- Minimize blue lights and ElectroMagnetic Radiation (EMR) exposure at night for better sleep which enhances detoxing and health.
- My Magic Morningstar Elixir offers many immune-enhancing benefits. Make a pot of hot water and add fresh lemon juice and peel, with a pinch of bitters, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, clove, garlic, ginger, ginseng, green tea, and turmeric and a little raw honey if needed.
- Getting a good night’s sleep is essential. Lavender essential oil and magnesium before bed can help improve your sleep.
- Vinegar and vodka make great natural cleaners to help clean and get rid of germs in the bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen.
- Neti pots with a little hydrogen peroxide or salt in the water are great ways to flush out the sinus cavities and enhance our health.
- Using hydrogen peroxide in your ears is a great technique to kill germs in the ear and eustachian tubes which lead to our sinuses.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS is to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Remember…our body is programmed to be healthy and resilient when we do our part to maintain it properly so…choose wisely. What will you do to make your immune system a higher priority during the China coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak?
Next Morningstar NEWS Blog
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Leave a Reply