In today’s complex and fast-paced world many parents are stressing and struggling with raising happy and healthy children. After two years of crazy coronavirus conditions dealing with a fear focus and negative news, parents are finding it even more challenging to raise their children due to the strain, stress, and struggles they are facing. Today is the perfect day to discover how to be happy and healthy parents and raise happy and healthy children.
Education, information, and inspiration about raising happy and healthy children are easy to find and do and sometimes not so easy to do depending on your resources, resourcefulness, and role models. Being a happy and healthy parent is the first step to raising happy and healthy children. The goal of this blog is to share some education and information to help make better decisions by avoiding unhealthy choices and implementing happy and healthy habits. As a happy and healthy parent of three amazing adult children and five grandchildren, my experience may be helpful for other parents and grandparents.
How to Stop Harming Happy and Healthy Children
- Avoid fast food, junk food, and Frankenstein foods that harm children’s health and waste your wealth. Unhealthy foods sabotage your happiness and health. Avoid excess sugar because it can reduce your chances of being and staying happy and healthy.
- Avoid highly heated, processed, and refined unhealthy oils. See my previous blog on How to Avoid Unhealthy Oils and Buy Healthy Oils.
- Avoid all Genetically Engineered (GE) seeds and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) seeds which are known health hazards. This includes GE canola, corn, cottonseed, soy, and sugar beets.
- Avoid juices and sodas. Most are fake beverages made from artificial colorings, flavorings, and sweeteners, plus High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), sugar, and water.
- Avoid health hazard chemicals like herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides that harm people and the planet. Avoid pollution that harms your happiness and health. Air, food, land, and water pollution are serious health hazards harming our happiness and health.
- Avoid excessive time on a cell phone, computer, digital games, movies, tablets, and TV. Excessive use of digital babysitters, child entertainment, and teen technology time can lead to children that are overstimulated electronically and underdeveloped mentally, physically, and socially.
- Avoid doing things and thinking about things that can create emotional, mental, and physical pain.
- Avoid hitting, hurting, spanking, or yelling at children which sends a message that these behaviors are acceptable. This imprints in their developing brain that abuse and hurting behaviors are acceptable and they will role model these behaviors.
- Avoid microwave cooking. Microwaving food is referred to as “Nuking the food” for a reason. Microwave radiation destroys the nutrients of the food and disrupts the molecular structure. Using a microwave causes healthy food to become unhealthy food and healthy people to become unhealthy.
- Avoid disturbing habits that prevent kids from having quality sleep. Avoid night lights in children’s rooms or bathrooms. Flashlights are ok if they need to see at night.
- Avoid telling lies to your children. Even white lies may become problematic later on.
- If a divorce occurs, avoid saying critical, hurtful, or negative things about the other spouse. Your children contain fifty percent of the other parents’ DNA and any harmful comments are like an attack on half of their genetic being. It will never go well and will always create disharmony, harm, and problems. Avoid saying anything that fuels the fire of anger, pain, or resentment because it harms the children. Some words of wisdom suggest if you are unable to say something nice you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.
How to Start Raising Happy and Healthy Children
- Affection, appreciation, and attention are what adults and children need to be happy and healthy. If parents do not give children what they want, they will find it from other sources and they may not be healthy ones.
- Baby care products must be chosen with great care. Many products promoted for kids contain chemicals and compounds that are health hazards. Anything you put on their skin is absorbed as if they consumed it. This is true for adult products also.
- Books can be great resources. Adults and children can learn easier and faster with a wide range of books. There are a wealth of books, ebooks, and websites with great techniques, tips, and training on how to be better parents. Reading to children is one of the best gifts you can give them. Read to them every day. Have family and friends read to them. Record your voice reading and play it back. Remember readers are leaders.
- Cell phones are for adults and not children. Cell phones receive and send Electro-Magnetic Radiation (EMR) signals. These signals have been shown to disrupt cells and can be carcinogenic. Never hold the cell phone in your hand or next to a child’s head. Cell phones should be used hands-free with the speaker function for safety.
- Chose nutrient-dense organic whole foods for the majority of meals served.
- Eating behaviors, choices, and habits are learned from what we say and what children see. Buy nutrient-dense organic whole foods. Family meals are a key time for connection and conversation. Avoid all electronic distractions during all meals. Avoid cell phones, tablets, or TV at meals. The exception is relaxing and soothing instrumental music can accompany meals at times.
- Education starts at birth and is a never-ending process. This includes both the children and parents. It is important to inspire children with the love of learning.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a great skill set for adults and children. It helps with learning, recall, and reducing stress. It is great for dealing with emotions.
- Environmental consciousness is important to teach your children. We all must be more conscious and protective of our ecology and the environment.
- Exercise and fitness must be core values shared between adults and children.
- Experiences determine the long-term quality of our lives more than things, toys, and trinkets. Education and experience are the key drivers for being happy and healthy.
- Earning, investing, saving, and spending are skills parents must focus on and share with their children. Money is an important resource. We must learn to be good stewards of our financial resources. Money skills and strategies are important for children to start learning at an early age.
- Gratitude is an important belief and behavior to develop and promote.
- Listening skills are vital for children and parents to be happy and healthy. Learn to listen and ask quality questions to better understand their attitudes and thinking.
- Love is like the ultimate superpower of the universe. Love is what we all need more of. Love will heal hearts and help people be happy and healthy.
- Nature time and outdoor time are very important for children to be connected to nature and develop a close connection to our environment.
- Pictures are worth a thousand words. Take lots of digital pictures and store them in a digital library to keep them safe. Old styles pictures can be scanned and stored in digital albums.
- Preowned books, clothes, and toys are smart investments for children. Always buying new accessories, clothes, furniture, and toys can be a waste of money because the children grow so fast they will outgrow the items. Teach children to reduce, reuse, and recycle. We are all dependent on planet earth and there is no Planet B.
- Provide a direct, honest, open, and safe communication connection with your children, family, and friends. Telling the truth and transparency play a key role in happy and healthy children. Talking to children like small adults can help both of you communicate.
- Role models are what parents represent to their children. Always be aware your children will do more of what you do versus what you say to do.
- School is a valuable way for children to gain emotional, mental, physical, and social skills. Whether you choose homeschooling or private or public schools the key is to make sure the school system fits the child to the best degree possible.
- Scouting is a great way for boys and girls to learn valuable skills and social strategies.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem come from helping children to accomplish a wide variety of experiences and skills. Constantly encourage their personal development and self-growth to expand their wheel of life.
- A sleep sanctuary is a place that provides the optimal environment for deep and restful sleep. Sleep schedules are important for adults and children. We need a comfortable, dark, quiet, and safe space to sleep. We also function best when we follow our biorhythms and circadian rhythms.
- Spiritual awareness is an important aspect to inspire children. Engaging in consciousness, religious, and spiritual practices will pay big dividends.
- Sports can be a great way to help children be active and physically fit. It can also teach valuable social and sports skills. One of the keys is that the children must be encouraged and nurtured to enjoy the process. Use caution and focus on health and safety in all sports activities. Safety gear is very important for children to stay safe.
- Talking and texting while driving greatly increases your risk for accidents and reduces your awareness and concentration. Your children will role model your behavior.
- Technology is a double-edged tool. It can be a benefit or a blunder. There is a fine line between just the right amount and too much. TV, cable, and movies can be educational and entertaining. However parental discretion is advised because your children are like a sponge and are learning beliefs and behaviors from everything they hear and see.
- Tobacco is a serious health hazard. Be sure to walk the talk and discuss this topic at the right times.
- Toys should be well thought out. They should be affordable, beneficial, and durable for the duration of their usefulness.
- Travel and trips are some of the best experiences and gifts you can give to children. Even a short road trip to invest time in nature will create magic moments that last a lifetime. Be sure to find and focus on ways to make it educational, enjoyable, fun, and memorable. Engage the children in advance and document the highlights.
- Values, visions, and virtues are important areas to share with children. Keeping a journal of your values and visions is very powerful. Do a vision board for raising happy and healthy children and teach your children the benefits of vision boards. Create a Book of Values, Virtues, and Visions to guide your life.
Passion and Purpose
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense many hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for being happy and healthy. Parents must avoid behaviors that can harm happy and healthy children. For parents to raise happy and healthy children requires the parents to be happy and healthy first.
“Parents must be happy and healthy first and walk the talk if they want to raise happy and healthy children.” —Michael Morningstar
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Celebrate Earth Day – How to Plant an Organic Victory Garden
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea, please comment, like, and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog.
Leave a Reply