Welcome to our Puerto Rico Pura Vida bulletin 3 update. My fascination and focus for 2020 are to find a second home and property in Puerto Rico (PR) to develop an eco-friendly community and wellness center. We are eager to connect with like-minded people who share our values, virtues, and visions for a healthy lifestyle and investment haven. Who do you know?
My last due diligence trip to Puerto Rico was in October 2019 and thanks to Nico Guzman from Manaubo, Puerto Rico it was very informative and productive. My project in Belize and the Coronavirus COVID 19 pandemic has prevented me from taking a follow-up trip. I am selling (or will trade) my Belize and Costa Rica properties to buy land in Puerto Rico. My next trip will allow me to do more first-hand research and determine how PR makes the most sense for investing and living there.
In spite of memories of Hurricane Maria that hit PR hard in September of 2017 and a recent string of earthquakes and aftershocks in early 2020, Puerto Rico appears very appealing as an investment and second home. While some people are sharing their concerns and worries about buying land, investing in a house, and living there part-time, many of my contacts and friends also think Puerto Rico is a great place with great potential. Only time will tell if my thinking is clever or crazy. Below are some of the current reasons I think that Puerto Rico is a paradise rather than a problem, especially in light of recent conditions in the US and world.
Puerto Rico Pura Vida
“To maintain our immune system it is vital to eat nutrient-dense whole foods, exercise, and spend time outdoors in nature and sunshine.” — Michael Morningstar
- Antioxidant-rich foods and fruits grow well all year long due to the great weather.
- Beaches are accessible and beautiful all around PR.
- Breathing clean and fresh air in PR is a breath of fresh air for those from polluted areas.
- Cacao and coffee grow well in PR and provide local and sustainable special treats.
- Citrus trees are abundant and productive.
- Coconut trees are abundant and produce fantastic superfoods
- Cruciferous vegetables are beneficial for health and very plentiful in PR.
- Essential 0il producing plants do well in PR and boost immunity Basil, Lemongrass, Mint, Oregano, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage.
- Fermented foods are easy to access and make in PR.
- Fresh fruits in PR include bananas, lemons, limes, mangoes, oranges, papaya, plantains, soursop, tangerines.
- Greens are great for health and vitamins and grow abundantly in PR.
- Herbs for health and medicinal benefits include Basil, Black pepper, Cilantro, Garlic, Ginger, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Turmeric.
- Honey that is raw and removed from chemical contaminants is a healthy treat.
- Mushrooms and medicinal mushrooms offer food that supports our health, immune function, and nutrition.
- Meditation and Yoga seem to be a perfect fit in PR and there are many great places to perfect your practice.
- Moringa grows well in PR and has many health benefits.
- Sleeping well after listening to the coqui sing at night is soothing for the soul.
- Sunshine is abundant year-round and provides Ultraviolet Light which is great for our health and immune function.
Warm weather and tropical breezes help promote an active and outdoor lifestyle all year long.
We are looking for a small condo or home near the beach in an eco-friendly community located in a tropical paradise. Additionally, we seek an ideal property of 100+ acres with clear title, electricity, water, and one quality house for our retreat and wellness center. We feel Puerto Rico is an ideal location near the mainland US and offers many fantastic features similar to Hawaii but more accessible and affordable.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Please help us find other fans of PR and share your ideas to guide us to success. Who do you know that fits our PR Paradise Project?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.