Today’s children are tomorrows future leaders and workers. They will be the builders, cooks, clerks, doctors, engineers, farmers, inventors, leaders, mechanics, military, nurses, police, teachers, technicians and workers that we depend on to operate and run our communities and country. How healthy are the children in your family and extended family? Are they healthy, strong and vibrant or are they health challenged, immune compromised and sickly?
What are you willing to do today and everyday to help our children be happy and healthy now and in the future? Now is the time to decide on what habits you are committed to implementing and improving that are most likely to help our kids enjoy a healthy life. One of the first key steps to directing your kids destiny is to reflect and review what you are doing well now and then focus on what you can do even better in the future. Baby steps towards improving their emotional, mental and physical development will compound over time for quantum leaps. Start by congratulating your self for all the good things you are doing well and then get committed and excited about the improvements you can implement to help them do even better. Even improving only one or two areas can make big difference in propelling their path of progress for peak performance. Remember a small shift in your decisions and directions can have a major influence in their positive progress when compounded over time.
Their performance and progress depends on your choices and decisions. You have a significant impact and responsibility for their personal performance in all areas of their life. Their mental attitudes and beliefs drive a high percentage of their results as compared to the skills and strategies they will learn along their education journey. You must help them have mastery action plans focused on great emotional, mental and nutritional strategies to provide the best chance for happiness, health and success.
Ten Tips for Happy & Healthy Children
- Attitude is a very powerful driver for our children’s daily progress and future results. What we as parents and our children do, feel, say, see and touch affects every area of our life. Our mental attitude sets the stage and tone for what they will achieve and believe. Everything we do, say and think influences our outcomes. Establishing high values and visions is very beneficial. There are many great books and videos that emphasize specific activities and exercises to improve their mental development and performance. Books like How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci offer great ideas.
- Nutrition is a key factor for helping the body and brain be healthy. Providing a diverse selection of prebiotics and probiotics on a daily basis is vital for health. Essential fatty acids and healthy oils like extra virgin coconut and olive oil are extremely important. Avoid GE and GMO frakenfoods which are health hazards. Reduce processed and refined sugar intake. Fresh berries, fruits, greens, herbs, mushrooms, nuts, roots, seeds, spices, vegetables and sea weeds are important to fuel developing bodies and brains. Locally grown nutrient dense organic whole foods that are minimally processed or refined greatly improve our chances to enhance their level of energy, health and vitality. Be sure they get a wide range of antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements and vitamins each day.
- Hydration is one of the least understood happiness and health strategies. Many children are constantly dehydrated and harming their happiness and health. If their urine is colored instead of clear they are dehydrated.
- Sun shine on our skin makes us happy. Vitamin D is vital to the happiness and health of our children. Time outdoors appreciating the miracles of nature is one of the most important ways to be energized and grounded.
- Quality sleep between 9 PM and 6 AM is very important for children. Their body, mind and spirit requires adequate quality sleep time to rejuvenate, relax, repair, rest and restore. It is important to teach children to tune into their bio-rhythms and circadian rhythms which are key factors for reducing stress and enjoying rejuvenating and restful sleep.
- Exercise and fitness are a vital part of development for the long term happiness and health of our kids. Any physical activity that enhances and improves their agility, balance, coordination, endurance, stamina, strength and tone is beneficial. Basic body weight exercise will accomplish great benefits and results in less time. Kids need to sit less and stand more because our bodies are meant to move more to remain strong and toned. Too much sitting is a recipe for deterioration, disease and dysfunction.
- Gratitude and prayer are important aspects for children to learn early in life. Mindfulness and time outdoors enjoying mother nature are vital to children’s long term health and well being.
- Help children understand the consequences of their choices and decisions. It is vital for them to learn how to use their instinct and intuition to make great choices and decisions. Honesty and integrity are vital traits to establish early on. There are many hidden agendas and ulterior motives being promoted to influence the behavior of adults and children to believe and live in certain ways. Teaching them self confidence and success strategies for financial freedom, independent thinking, smart work ethics and sustainable living are valuable life skills to instill.
- Quality relationships and time with family, friends and extended community is very important to help children develop self confidence and social skills. Having a quality peer group and role models is a major contributing factor to happiness and health.
- Education, learning and personal growth are vital for happiness and health. Helping children develop into students and teens with a curiosity and love for learning helps them seek out new ideas, information and insights. Teaching them to fully understand how their body and brain function early helps them make better choices and decisions. The universe is abundant and full of opportunities for those willing to make good decisions, take action and work smart.
These ten tips for children’s health and happiness are simple steps that offer long lasting benefits when you put them into action.
BTW As mentioned in many previous blog post be sure to remember to avoid and at least minimize exposure to health hazards such as: additives, artificial flavorings, artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, electro-magentic frequencies (EMF), fragrances (synthetic), genetically engineered (GE) fake foods, genetically modified organisms (GMO) frakenfoods, glyphosate, heavy metals, junk foods, microwaves, pesticides, plastics, pollution, preservatives, radiation, sleep deprivation, stress, synthetic compounds, toxic vegetable oils (canola, corn, soy) and white sugar which all damage our happiness and health.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2018 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats. As we research and role model proven principles for a fantastic future we are eager to share those words with wisdom. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of eco conscious people to help design, build and live in our sustainable community. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems will help all of us design and develop better eco villages.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your children’s happiness and health? What is your leverage and motivation for making better choices to avoid health hazards and adopt healthy habits? Investing in our health will help protect our wealth. When we focus on being happy, healthy and holistic we naturally shift to a more sustainable ecological, economical and environmental lifestyle.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats directly impact our children’s happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom showing the benefits of conscious choice for a happy and healthy life. What are you willing to do today to embrace better choices in 2018? Creating a healthy habits code of conduct and mastery action plan vision boards enhance our quality of life. Our happiness and health benefit from healthy challenges, changes and choices. Are you ready to adopt a more modern, modest and modular lifestyle based on being more renewable and sustainable in 2018?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
7 Great Healthy Herbal Teas