Do you ever wonder why people do that unhealthy habit and not do this healthy habit instead? I frequently do. Maybe it is because my passion and purpose are to help people with their happiness, harmony, and health. Maybe it is an unusual quirk but human physiology and psychology is a map, maze, and mystery that offers important information and intrigue. Regardless of the underlying driving force, there is a constant curiosity and moving motivation to see different angles, aspects, and sides of what makes people do what they do that does not serve them or not do what they know is good for them. This post may look a bit different than usual and a bit like a rant but consider the hidden message in each comment to see if there is a drop of truth, lesson to be learned or seed to plant about your own level of behaviors, beliefs, habits and thinking that may be preventing you from enjoying the life you deserve and desire.
Why Do People Do That?
- Why do people consume an expensive synthetic patented pharmaceutical prescription pill with known adverse reactions and side effects which come from isolated ingredients trying to copy a natural ingredient from a plant rather than consume the healthy natural herbs, plants and supplements instead?
- Why do people buy seedless grapes, oranges, and watermelon and not buy seeded grapes, oranges, and watermelons which are natural and contain more nutritional value? We all know that Mother Nature put those seeds there for a reason right?
- Why do people spray their yard with toxic chemical fertilizers and poisons and not use natural composting, native landscaping, plants and procedures when they know the children and pets will play there?
- Why do people put toxic body care chemicals and compounds on their body that cause cancer and not use natural food, oil, and plant products to be beautiful, healthy and safe?
- Why do people buy foods sprayed with fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides and not buy healthy organic whole foods instead?
- Why do people eat apples, grapes, peaches, and strawberries to be healthy and not know they have the most pesticides making them unhealthy?
- Why do people say they love chocolate, coffee, ice cream and pizza loaded with harmful chemical additives and ingredients and not say they love their health, kids, life, self, spouse, and planet? Maybe how we use our language and words is something for us to think about.
Why do people enjoy being indoors in a home with chemicals off-gassing and stale air when they could be outdoors enjoying the sunshine and fresh air instead? Another twist on this is why do people love the smell of a new car or furniture which is resulting from chemicals off-gassing?
- Why do people contribute, promote and support clean water programs and then allow their municipal water districts to put fluoride a known carcinogen, toxin, and waste by-product into their drinking water?
- Why do people buy water in plastic bottles which causes pollution and leaches plastic but not invest in a good quality water filter instead?
- Why do people spend thousands of dollars on exercise equipment and then not use it consistently?
- Why do people spend big bucks to watch football where men hit and tackle each other and not realize it is a modern day gladiator sport?
- Why do people pay to go to a chemical cocktail filled gym to ride a stationary bike or walk on a treadmill when they can bike, hike or trike outdoors in a natural environment for free?
Some Things to Think About
- Why do people drink water from plastic bottles or the tap and not drink filtered water with baking soda, cinnamon, clay, cloves, essential oils, ginger, green powder, herbs, hibiscus, lemon, lime or sea salt for the many health benefits instead?
- Why do people buy so many things they end up in rented storage space and why not commit to borrow, rent or share them instead?
- Why do people buy books and keep them around for years but not read them? Do we think the information is absorbed by osmosis?
- Why do people sacrifice their health to chase wealth and then sacrifice their wealth to regain their health? Why not set goals and intentions to balance our happiness, health and wealth while avoiding money pits and spending traps?
- Why do people hire a coach for finances, fitness, health, relationship or whatever and then not follow the advice and suggestions?
- Why do people drink and drive intoxicated when they know it is dangerous, illegal and people can die rather than call Uber for a ride?
Why do we teach kids to eat fake, fast and junk food and then be shocked when they become fat, sad, sick, stressed and tired? Why do parents do this to themselves? The best time for children and parents to eat healthily and establish healthy habits for life is right now.
- Why do we go into deep debt with a big mortgage for a big house that is poorly built, designed and located when we could build or buy an eco-friendly Compressed Stabilized Earth Block or Monolithic Dome green home that is safe, saves money, smart and sustainable?
- Why do people maintain their vehicles which may last 10 years but not maintain their body which has to last a lifetime?
- Why do people pay for a gym membership but then fail to use it consistently?
- Why do people spend billions on unhealthy and unnecessary beauty products, body care products, cosmetics and plastic surgery to enhance their beauty, health and looks while harming themselves with chemicals, cosmetics, fake food, fast, fried, junk food, prescriptions, shampoos, soaps and sunscreen that destroy their natural beauty and health? Remember any synthetic chemical or compound you apply, breathe, drink, eat, touch or wear you absorb through your skin as if you ate it.
- Why are people unable to communicate what they desire, need or want but get upset when people are unable to read their mind?
- Why do people tell so many lies instead of learning to always tell the truth? Parents tell their kids not to lie but then teach them little white lies are OK and even punish them for telling the truth?Do we remember that kids learn more from what we do rather than what we say?
- Why do people sit on a toilet for more than 5 minutes reading but not learn about healthy foods and natural methods to eliminate and eliminate constipation? (read that line again to be sure you get it)
- Why do people pour toxic chemicals, cleaners, and medicines in toilets rather than disposing of them properly and not realize that all the waters on the planet are recycled, redistributed and reused?
- Why are people too busy to read the ingredient and labels on foods they consume but have time to read and watch the depressing news? What is so hard to understand about eating fresh locally grown minimally processed organic whole foods?
- Why do people purchase toxic foods and products that do harm and not spend their money to support happiness and health products?
- Why do pets owners say they love their pet and then feed them harmful foods with additives, chemicals, GMOs and glyphosate? Why do they allow lawn care companies and workers to poison the grass and green spaces with toxic chemicals like Roundup with glyphosate which harms people and pets?
- Why do people tell moms to feed infants fake formula milks loaded with chemicals, High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and sugar when common sense and science knows that moms milk is the best source of food for infants? Could feeding formula be a form of infant neglect with long-term consequences? Research shows that infants need the immune boost and microbiome from mom for better health.
Remember we are significantly influenced by what we do, drink, eat, smell, taste, think and touch on a regular basis. Our peer group has a major impact on our behaviors and beliefs as well as our habits and habitats. Choose wisely.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2018 Morningstar NEWS will focus 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats. Researching and role modeling proven principles for a fantastic future drives us to share these words with wisdom. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of eco-friendly people to help design, build and live in a more healthy and sustainable way. We invite ideas, insights, and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions, and systems will help us all be happier and healthier.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs, and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your happiness and health? What is your motivation for making better choices to avoid health hazards and adopt healthy habits? What stores are you telling others and your self that is blocking you from seeing the truth that can set you free? When we are happy, healthy and holistic we naturally shift to a more sustainable ecological, economic and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats directly impact our happiness and health. There are many reasons to look closely at your communications and words to help keep your family happy and healthy. What are you willing to do differently today to embrace better choices in 2018? Creating a healthy habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. Our happiness and health benefit from healthy challenges, changes, and choices. Choose wisely.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Belize Eco Village Bulletin 6