The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in this A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards affecting our health and quality of life. We must focus on healthy habits to guide our behaviors, beliefs and rituals toward emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well being.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my health and recommended to others. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even more health challenges this series of posts is the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and then design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors and beliefs to establish healthy habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro- Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must be vigilant. We must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. It seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to help preserve and protect our health. The series of blog posts written in an A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information. These have come to my attention over many decades to minimize health hazards while maximizing helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being.
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health habits handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the predators which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell us fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take our money and leave us with the sad consequences and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “I” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Intentions determine our happiness and health. What we intend and decide each day becomes our reality. Are your intentions empowering you or dis-empowering you? Are you conscious of your choices, decisions and intentions or are you unconsciously allowing others to direct your actions? Too many people are allowing others to directly and indirectly influence their choices and decisions which may move them towards their dreams and goals or move them further away. We must set our intentions and then develop rituals, routines and rules for conducting our life to create the happiness and health we desire.
- Instinct and intuition play a valuable role if living a happy and healthy life. Our gut instinct is specialize part of our internal intelligence and wisdom for decision making and survival. It is a valuable resource to help guide us through the challenges of life. The more we learn to develop our intuition and trust our instincts the better choices and decisions we are able to make. Learn to listen to your inner voice and wisdom that wants to prevent problems and protect you from peril.
- Imprinting is a powerful process that greatly influences our learning, modeling and thinking. We are imprinted by our leaders, parents, peers, siblings and teachers. Therefore it is important to look closely at the people who have imprinted on our beliefs and thinking to determine if it is still in our best interests. It is most likely we will benefit from updating our old programming and software with a more empowering and modern version. Masaru Emoto wrote about the curious influence and power of imprinting messages and words on water to influence our life.
- Inactivity is one of the greatest risks for many people in developed and developing countries. Modern inventions like cars, cell phones, computers, DVD players, golf carts, tablets, televisions, tractors, trucks, video games and are causing people to lead a more sedentary lifestyle.
- Iodine is an essential element for health. It is especially vital for thyroid health. Our thyroid is one of our most important endocrine glands for regulating body temperature, energy, metabolism and health. Good sources of Iodine includes: beans, potatoes, sea salt, shrimp, small ocean fish, sea vegetables and seaweeds. Many people are low in iodine which has numerous negative consequences to our glands, hormones, immune function, metabolism and overall well being. Iodine is especially important in dealing with radiation exposure to protect the thyroid gland. Iodine can have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-viral properties.
- Insulin is a very important hormone secreted by the pancreas which is vital for maintain our blood sugar levels. . Insulin is key to the regulation of both fat and sugar in our blood stream so it plays a vital role in stabilizing the blood sugar which feed s the body and brain. When we have begin to have trouble with insulin being able to regulate our blood sugar levels we begin to experience health issues that can become very significant like diabetes and obesity. Many people who fail to manage their blood sugar end up giving insulin injections or using and insulin pump to help. When this fails to regulate it properly a person can experience blindness, loss of appendages, kidney failure, necropathy which can ultimately result in heart failure and death.
- Inflammation is a very important function within our body to understand. Inflammation is a normal protection response within our body to a foreign substance being present. Whether it is an allergen, bacteria, chemical, compound, foreign material, hormone, injury, metal, pathogen, pesticide, substance, toxin or whatever our body causes inflammation as a protection modality. While some inflammation is ok dealing with chronic inflammation is a serious health challenge.
- Integrity is a key trait for being happy and healthy. While many people may not associate honesty and integrity as being important for health your gut instinct tells you it is. When we cheat, lie or steal and lose our integrity we open our self up to internal conflict and stress that weakens our immune function and resiliency. It is important that we remember to be congruent and in integrity with our beliefs and values if we want to be happy and healthy long term.
- Iridology is the process of diagnosing the over all health of a person based on looking at the external and internal components of a persons eyes. Bernard Jensen was quite well known for this process and taught many people how to use this non invasive diagnostic tool to discover the health and homeostasis of a person by observation. The saying ” The eyes are the window to the soul” has more meaning and validity when you understand the principles of iridology and see the process in action. You are well served to find a skilled practitioner and have them do an analysis of your eyes for additional insights into your health and future health. While this process is not well known by many it offers an excellent tool to determine specific factors about your current health that could help guide you to making better decisions about lifestyle and nutrition in the future.
- Immune response and immune system is vital to our long term health. With a strong immune system we are able to react to the pathogens that come into our life appropriately with the right response to defend us and neutralize the threat. Without a strong immune system we are less able to respond to pathogens and defend our body. When people do not have a strong immune system they are more susceptible and vulnerable to microbes which cause disease and infections. Over time we may become more dependent on antibioitcs to defend us and this leaves us in grave risk from a serious infection or antibiotic resistant pathogen. Eventually a weak immune system breaks down and chronic disease and inflammation sets in causing accelerated aging and deterioration and eventually death. To maximize your immune system you must stop the poisons and toxins that harm our defense system and strengthen our entire immune system with the antioxidants, enzymes, fiber, microbiome, minerals, nutrition, phytonutrients, probiotics, trace elements and vitamins our entire system needs.
- Intentions that we set firmly in our conscious and unconscious mind with emotional enthusiasm and intensity can become our driving force and personal passion. The power of intentions is often overlooked. We must focus and refocus our energy and thoughts on specific goals and targets frequently to see our intentions come to fruition. It is our beliefs about our core human desires and needs that drive our behaviors and focus our intentions. We must learn how to be the true decision maker behind the curtain and pull the right strings. Unfortunately most people are directed and distracted by advertising, programming and public relations with fake and false messages that actually block our happiness and health with false and misleading messages. We must each learn to choose our passions, peers, pleasures and purpose wisely to prevent others from hijacking our body and brain for their bidding. The more we learn about our biology of beliefs, child psychology, empowerment, energy psychology, human needs, Mother Nature, Neruo Linguistic Programming (NLP), personal development, self growth, self hypnosis, spirituality
- Internal dialogues between our conscious mind and unconscious mind have a significant impact on our happiness and health. If we have a variety of unresolved abuse, angers, conflicts, depressions, fears, guilt’s, hurts, injuries, pains, regrets, traumas and worry’s they can cause emotional energy blockage and disrupt our life force. While we have the ability to reprogram our internal operating system and software most people are still running the programs from their childhood on autopilot. These unresolved issues and programming from childhood follow us into our adult life and affect how we behave and respond. This is why so many people are still acting in childish and immature ways that are inappropriate for adults who should know better. Adult fits, hitting, shouting, tantrums,
- Insomnia is a serious problem and getting worse. Too many people are having serious difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. This results in a lack of deep rejuvenating, relaxing and restful sleep which is vital for our body and brain to detox, recharge and re-energize. This leads to sleep deprivation, drowsiness and depressed body and brain function. There are many causes and contributing factors for this. This topic would cover several books. Some of the key causes of insomnia to avoid are: LED Blue screens within 2 hours of bedtime, violent movies or news, watching late night TV , eating late, alcohol, stress, poor nutrition, hormone imbalance, circadian rhythm is off, emotional upsets, sleep environment, excess mental and physical stimulation, drug reactions and side effects, Electro-Magnetic Frequencies (EMF) and cell phone disturbances.
- Indigestion is a common occurrence for many. Frequent indigestion is clearly a sign of digestion imbalances. It is frequently from low hydrocloric acid. Many people eat to fast and fail to chew their foods adequately. Others are watching TV and disconnected from their meal. Many people are stressed and eating the wrong foods ant the wrong time. Many people are super stressed and eating to comfort their emotions which can lead to stomach upsets. Most of the highly processed and refined foods have artificial additives, chemicals, coloring, flavorings, fragrances, GMO, preservatives and oils added which make them extremely difficult for the digestive system to do it role. It is imperative we learn smart strategies for eating: start drinking water before eating, say grace, salivate, sit down, slow down, sip water, say little, study labels, study nutrition, silence is golden, steady chewing, set time zones (avoid eating after 7:00 PM), stop when you are 80% full, study food combining and stop spending big bucks on stuff that harms you.
- Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is just one of many measurements of intelligence. No matter what your IQ level is most people are doing harm to their health and intelligence by the lifestyle they lead and the beverages and foods they consume. Learning to be more happy, healthy, holistic and in harmony can actually hep you increase your IQ.
- Irradiated foods are very common today as a result of agencies and companies desire to kill bacteria, fungus, insects, molds, parasites, pathogens and viruses. Unfortunately in exposing foods to radiation they also degrade and destroy valuable food nutrients.
Iron is an element that can contribute to our health. Iron exists in our red blood cells in hemoglobin and helps carry oxygen to our glands, organs and tissues. Not enough or too much iron is definitely a health concern. Iron deficiency is known as anemia and excess iron can lead to excess oxidation and metal toxicity.
- Inca berries have been found to be a nutrient dense food.
- Isolates are created by removing or separating one component of food from the complete source. Isolates of soy for example are created by removing the oil from soy beans a complex food compound and using the left over seeds. Many nutrition products today are isolates which means they are being isolated and removed from the complex compounds they where made to be associated with in nature. Many isolates made today are byproducts of some manufacturing, processing and refining system for one ingredient of a plant and the isolate is left over as a by product. The company wants to find a way to sell this left over product and make additional money. My mantra is “nature knows best” and “it is not nice to mess with Mother Nature”. Avoiding isolates may be a better choice for happiness and health long term.
- Isometrics is a method of physical fitness training. When using this approach the muscles are locked n place and contracted so they do not change in length. Pushing against a door frame, tree or wall are examples of isometric exercise. Some of the key benefits are: activation of more muscles simultaneously, less chance of injury, no equipment necessary and time saved compared to equipment exercise.
- Better behaviors and habits lead to better benefits and rapid results for our body, mind and spiritual health. Are you ready to start doing more of the Helpful Stuff and stop the Harmful Stuff?
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for simple and sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “I” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement the strategies and suggestions.
What is your current Gap?
What habits are harming your happiness and health? Unfortunately many people are doing things they know are harming their health and trying to justify, minimize or rationalize it. Our body is the temple for our brain, heart and soul and our habits determine the future health of our body, mind and spirit. What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors, beliefs and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and lifestyle longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is well documented that better emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great healthy habits information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a beneficial and brilliant book revealing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
A to Z Health Habits – J
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.