How healthy is your hair? Is it growing nicely, looking healthy, and your natural color or are you resorting to expensive concoctions of chemicals and compounds to clean, color, and condition your hair while poisoning your head and scalp in the process?
Even though two previous Morningstar NEWS blogs were on healthy hair with a new updated Champion Care for Healthy Hair last week, it seems some key helpful ideas and information was left out. Since I am committed to extremely high standards today’s blog will offer additional bonus information with more specific techniques and tips to support super healthy hair. After all, our hair can be one of our best features or a bane and vane failure. Many people are dealing with damaged hair, hair loss, and scalp issues which can affect their self-confidence and self-esteem. This blog post is dedicated to sharing the best A – Z habits for healthy hair.
Habits for Healthy Hair
The first thing we must do to have healthy hair is to stop the attack of chemical warfare on our body, hair, and health. The first three blogs on hair health identify over fifty harmful hair habits and unhealthy choices to change. Then we can begin to focus on implementing healthy, helpful, and holistic habits and ways to have beautiful healthy hair.
“Even though balding and hair loss has been linked to genetic traits, there is so much we can do to help protect our hair and health.” —Michael Morningstar
Epigenetics—which is greatly influenced by our beliefs, lifestyle, and nutrition—can play a major role in protecting our hair and health.
Remember…everything we put in and on our body affects the quality of our hair, hair follicles and scalp so choose wisely and develop better habits for healthy hair. It would take a book to explain all the natural foods, herbs, and plants that help support healthy hair and health. The following list of items is considered by most to be natural and safe. When in double doubt do a small test sample on your arm or leg first.
- Activated charcoal, Aloe vera, Amla, Antioxidants, Apple Cider Vinegar (raw ACV), Ashwagandha, Astragulus, and Avocado are great for healthy hair care support
- Baking soda, Basil, Berries, Bioflavonoids, and Brushing are beneficial for our hair and health. Skin Brushing with a natural bristle brush is very beneficial
- Cacao (raw chocolate), Cactus, Calcium bentonite clay, CBD, Citrus peels and seeds, Coconut and Cultured foods are great for health and hair support
- Dandelion and D Vitamins help prevent oxidation damage
- Eggs, Essential Fatty Acids, Essential oils, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fermented foods, Flax seeds, Fish (small wild-caught), and Fruit (colors of rainbow-like kiwi, mango, papaya, pineapple)
- Garlic, Ginger, Ginseng, Goji berry, Gotu kola, Grapeseed oil, Greens, Green tea, Grounding, and Guava leaf tonic
- Hemp seeds, Herbs, Holy basil, Hormone health, Horsetail, Ho Shou Wu, Hydration and Hydrogen
- Inversion therapy (bending or hanging with the head lower than the body and heart)
- oil and Joy help us maintain healthy hair
- Kelp and Kraut (sauerkraut)
- Lavender EO, Lemons, Limes, Liver cleanse, and Love Massage Medicinal Coconut, Neem or Sesame oil onto the hair and scalp, Meditation, Melons, Mindset, Minerals, Mucuna pruriens (Fabaceae), and Medicinal mushrooms
- Neem oil, Nettles, and Nuts
- Oatmeal, Oregano oil
- Papaya, Plant proteins, Polyphenols, Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Pumpkin seeds
- Razor grass and Rosemary tonic
- Saw palmetto, Seaweed, Seeds, Sesame oil, Shea butter, Silica, Sleep, Sprouts, Sulfur, and Sunshine
- Tea tree EO and Turmeric
- Vegetables (colors of the rainbow) and Vitamins
- Water and Watercress
- X out most refined sugar (especially artificial sweeteners and HFCS)
- Yoga (especially inversion posses)
- Zest of lemon or lime
Understand that our hair health starts on the inside and then finishes on the outside. Remember, Organic Whole Food is medicine and works from the inside out and outside in to create a beautiful body and healthy hair.
Healthy Hair Treatment
Here’s a useful recipe:
- One teaspoon of organic olive oil
- Two drops of lavender or tea tree oil
- Two drops of rosemary oil
- Five tablespoons of organic coconut oil, grape seed oil, or sesame oil
- Mix and whip ingredients together
- Place the mix in an airtight glass jar
- Apply it when you can be outdoors walking for a while to cover your hair and scalp; wrap a bandana or small cloth around your head
- Leave the healthy hair treatment on at least fifteen minutes (longer is better) and then rinse and shower; avoid the temptation to use shampoo
When you make even more educated and informed decisions about your body care, your lifestyle, and nutrition can stop damaging your hair and start having healthy hair. These A – Z habits for healthy hair are easy to do and can make significant improvements in your hair and health.
What coaching, suggestions or tips do you have regarding personal care for healthy hair?
Passion and Purpose
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Remember…healthy hair starts with a healthy body so make health a top priority.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: Comment, like, plus, and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.