The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy, healthy and in harmony. Today’s post is dedicated to the advantages of aquaponics for agriculture. The Aquapoincs Association is committed to educate, influence and inspire people to create more aquaponic based food production systems. Aquaponics is great news for growing more nutrient dense organic food with less depletion of resources and environmental damage. It helps reduce our carbon footprint and fossil fuels dependency while producing more food around the planet is a more sustainable way.
I first learned about aquaponics during a visit to Epcot Center.
Recently I have been studying the advantages of aquaponics to determine if it might be a great choice for my eco community and permaculture project in Belize.
My goal is to learn more and help other people become more familiar with the many advantages and benefits of aquaponics to help feed humans, protect the planet, start being sustainable and stop wasting fossil fuel.
Aquaponics is Amazing
Did you know you could be using aquaponics to feed your family right now? There are many commercial and personal ways to start using aquaponics to be more self sufficient and grow your own organic foods. Anyone can begin a small aquaponics system to grow great greens like chlorella, dandelion, lettuce, herbs spirulina and watercress. You can be more independent, prepared and self sufficient by growing a portion of your foods and super foods at home.
Aquaponics is an eco friendly method of growing food because you reduce your packaging, shipping stocking and transportation costs. Aquaponics systems will rapidly gain in popularity as more people see the cost savings, environmental advantages and long term health benefits. There are many foods which can be easily grown which is good for people and good for the planet.
Advantages of Aquaponics
Aquaponics may be the ultimate way to grow virtually free food. When we wake up to our sad, sick and stressed dependence on fake, fast and hunk foods we will see that aquaponics is the clean, renewable and sustainable solution for a good portion of our food needs. Aquaponics is a great choice for agriculture and farming because it is based on converting the suns energy into green foods with the help of fish, nutrients and water. It can produce an abundance of eco friendly and sustainable food to feed the majority of our population.
Ten Benefits of Aquaponics
There are many benefits to using aquaponics to capture, convert, harness, process, store and utilize solar energy into food.
- Aquaponics are easy and efficient ways to use sunlight to grow food. It yields an eco friendly and sustainable food source.
- Aquaponics can be used in fresh and salt water. Small aquaponics systems can be located close to where food is needed. Homes and restaurants could grow fresh greens to harvest just what is needed when it is needed. Aquaponics is the future of farming.
- Aquaponics requires significantly less energy that conventional farming without water contamination and usage of coal, natural gas and oil based farming systems. Our modern farming system requires large scale drilling, fracking, processing, refining and transportation of fossil fuels.
- Aquaponics depends on free solar energy to grow plants in water. Any one can build an aquapponics system with minimal costs and materials and access free solar energy. There is an abundance of sun exposure around the planet making aquaponics and ideal choice for people to focus their energy, money and time to harness its full potential.
- Aquaponics can be used to efficiently grow a variety of food crops. Sunlight provides free energy to these systems that produce a wide variety of fish and food. It can provide virtually free food. Aquaponics can even be used to cool and warm your home all year long.
- Solar power provides an abundant, reliable and safe source of energy to operate and run an aquaponics agriculture system.
- Aquaponics does not require the use of dangerous and harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides that seriously damage the environment.
- Aquaponics uses solar energy which is abundant, clean and free for all to access and use.
- Damage from fossil fuel usage and excessive soil degradation and erosion suggests we starting using more local and organic aquaponics systems.
- Solar power is abundant in the US and most of the world providing the energy to run the majority of aquaponics agriculture. When we fully calculate and factor in the environmental damage, maintenance, money, resources, subsidies and time expended for conventional and GMO agriculture it willl become clearer why aquaponics agriculture is a great choice. Remember Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO), farming, fossil fuels, GMO, milk and transportation are heavily subsidized industries and are not fined or taxed for the environmental damage, health costs and long term risks they create.
With all these benefits and many more aquaponics may be the most eco friendly and green method of growing food because of the abundant availability, open source and universal access for anyone with the resources and space to create one. Developing aquaponic agriculture systems is good for our health and good for the planet. What better benefits and reasons than that do we need for aquaponics to be a major part of our food production and food revolution?
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for sustainable health and well being. Aquaponics is a very low cost system for providing a large percentage of our food which is great for all of us and the environment. Imagine if more people devoted the energy, money and time to research and development a better and more cost effect aquaponics agriculture solution and system.
What is your current Gap?
Have you heard about aquaponics? Would combining the advantages of free solar energy with aquaponics agriculture be good enough for you to grow your own organic greens? Imagine the benefits of building an eco friendly and sustainable aquaponics system powered with solar energy. What will it take to switch from the harmful fossil fuels produced food products you currently consume to begin eating more aquaponic foods instead? When would now be a great time to learn more about the advantages of aquaponics agriculture and let our politicians and suppliers know we want more of these products?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet about the many advantages of aquaponics agriculture. You will find some great information at The Aquaponics Association website in this presentation. What information will inspire you to take small steps soon? Nelson & Pade has some great information on aquapoics to help you learn more about the full potential it offers. When we invest the energy, money and time to maximize the full advantages of aquaponics agriculture we will make giant strides to improve our health and well being and that of the planet.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many advantages of aquaponics? Are you ready to learn more and support this movement for economical and ecological sustainability?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
How Do Composting Toilets Work?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.