What if the majority of your hair damage and hair loss were self-inflicted? Would you be willing to make a few new changes, choices, and decisions? Unfortunately, many of the hair care products people use have many hair health hazard ingredients and synthetic compounds which can harm your hair, head, and whole body. Many people are brainwashed by ads, commercials, and pretty packaging by big brand names they become terribly threatened, tired, and toxic. Now is the perfect time to learn some simple DIY techniques and tips to make healthy herbal hair and body care products that actually have medicinal properties. Additional benefits of DIY hair care include beauty-enhancing, eco-friendly, family-friendly, longevity benefits, lower medical expenses, renewable and sustainable, saving money, self-sufficiency, and super well-being.
How many times a week do you condition and shampoo your hair with hair health hazards and not even know it? For many people, it is too often. If you feel the hair on your head plays a major role in your appearance and identity this blog will provide some valuable information and insights into healthy hair care. The vast majority of people feel fairly strongly about how their hair looks and invest a lot of money and time caring for it. Many have probably shampooed and conditioned their hair thousands of times with hair health hazard products actually damaging their hair without realizing it.
“Companies advertise their products as providing super hair care when in reality they are super toxic and their real agenda is making big bucks promoting and selling hair and health hazards.” —Michael Morningstar
Buyer Beware (Caveat Emptor) applies to all hair care products because it is a major industry making many $Billions of dollars selling their products, even if it harms your hair and health as it robs your wealth.
This blog is dedicated to revealing the billion-dollar health hazard hair care industry. By sharing DIY healthy hair habits you can enhance your hair, health, and quality of life as you stop sabotaging your hair and start helping your hair with holistic and natural hair and health care. Previously we have written posts about the benefits of DIY healthy body and hair care techniques and tips that are definitely worth reading because they cost less and work best. This blog is a brief update and upgrade to a previous Healthy Hair Habits blog with more proven principles and several new super suggestions for natural hair care Rather than being a chemical sponge absorbing unhealthy hair care ingredients, our goal is to give you dozens of simple suggestions to take care of your hair, as you heal your body and brain while using easy holistic health alternatives.
If being more happy, healthy, and wealthy is important to you and your family it is vital you understand proper hair health to make better choices and decisions. My goal is to educate, empower and excite people around the planet about the many benefits of finding and making clean and pure hair care products made with herbal and medicinal plants to enhance our hair and health. People spend too much money on commercial hair care products that are made with chemicals, petroleum products, and synthetic compounds. These health hazards end up contaminating people, the planet, and our global water system. This blog and others we have written on healthy food, natural remedies, and medicinal plants will offer simple steps to help you develop the basic DIY skills to make your own herbal hair care and wellness wonders.
Stop Sabotaging Your Scalp
Avoid hair health hazards like fake, fast, and fried foods and fake fats and oils (canola, corn, peanut, soy, and vegetable oils).
Most body and hair care products are unhealthy chemical compounds. We need to avoid as many hair health hazards as possible including chemical coloring, conditioners, dyes gels, shampoos, straighteners, and treatments.
Most hair care products contain chemicals and compounds that are absorbed into our bodies and also end up polluting our waters. As good Samaritans and stewards of our planet we are responsible for the overall cost to consumers and the planet for all the packaged plastic bottles and harmful haircare products Since most hair care products are harmful health hazards it is important to find and make hair care products that are safe and sustainable. See the long list below.
Reduce stress factors, fears, and fake, fast, and Frankenstein (GMO) foods from your life.
Rogaine is a highly promoted hair treatment even though there can many adverse reactions and side effects. If you really read the list of potential side effects you would be super inspired and motivated to follow the recommendation on this blog instead of paying for another health hazard.
Shampoo with cleaners less often and natural herbal plant rinses more often. Once or twice (in hot weather) a month with a diluted mild soap like Dr. Bronner’s pure Castillo soap if you feel compulsively compelled to do so will work wonders for your hair and hair follicles.
Stop using the chemical conditioner and shampoo hair health hazard toxins that contaminate people and the planet.
Start Supporting Your Scalp and Skin
Our ancestors for thousands of years used clean water and herbal plants from Mother Nature to clean and enhance their hair and health. They simply bathed with clean water and sometimes used the bark, flowers, fruits, herbs, leaves, roots, seeds, stalks, stems, and wood of medicinal plants to make herbal teas and tonics to use on their body and hair. Over time they found certain plant parts offered certain benefits to enhance their hair, health, and holistic well-being.
“Anyone can make DIY natural plant-powered cleaners, conditioners, teas, tinctures, and tonics because there is a wealth of wisdom documented in books and websites that share the benefits of herbal history and information going back thousands of years.” — Michael Morningstar
Ayurveda is a great place to start since it focuses on the art and science of holistic health, medicine, and nutrition. The body and hair care store of the future will be designed to avoid and treat hair issues and health problems with herbal formulas from the Eco-Friendly Farmacy of the Future using organic plants for our hair, head, heart, and health. Medicinal plant-based Teas, Tinctures, and Tonics will provide beneficial compounds to help deal with damage from free radicals, pathogens and pollution. The key is to first consume a wide variety of medicinal and natural plants that are non-irradiated, properly prepared, and organic. Consuming a wide variety of herbals and medicinal plants combined with optimal supplemented and topical treatments is a great way to stay happy, healthy, and in harmony with our world. Remember …Hippocrates, the father of health and holistic medicine shared some words of wisdom …“Let Food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Herbal and holistic foods have helped humans around the world with their amazing benefits and health properties. Medicinal teas, tinctures, and tonics can provide a wide range of helpful benefits for our hair, scalp, and skincare to include: antioxidants, disease prevention, enzymes, enhanced health, immune support, minerals, phytonutrients, and vitamins.
Healthy Hair Habits
The First Fix is Focusing on Fantastic Fresh Foods
- Aloe vera has many benefits for our hair and health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is great externally and internally for our hair and health.
- Avocado is a healthy food and hair care conditioner.
- Black and green tea are excellent antioxidant beverages for our hair and health. They both make a great hair rinse to benefit your scalp.
- Brush, comb, and massage your hair and scalp gently and regularly.
- Cacao butter makes a super delicious and nutritious beverage and hair care cream.
- Cactus is used in many countries as a healthy food and hair treatment.
- Cascara is the dried coffee fruit used to make a medicinal tea.
- CBD creams and oil can be excellent hair and health helpers
- Chai tea is a blend of herbs and spices like black pepper, cinnamon, clove, ginger, and turmeric which has many hair and health benefits.
- Citrus like lemon, lime, or orange helps provide antioxidants and fiber for health.
- Coconut oil is great for you and helps keep your hair and scalp healthy.
- Dandelion flower, leaf, and the root is a medicinal herb with many health benefits.
- Essential oils can be gentle and great additions to hair care natural products. Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, and Tea Tree
- Ginger tea is so easy to make and has many hair and health benefits.
- Ginseng tea is great for additional benefits.
- Green powders are easy ways to make healthy drinks and boost your health in the process.
- Hemp oil and seeds are an easy and healthy way to enhance our hair and health. Either adding hemp oil to a DIY hair conditioner or eating seeds are super supportive.
- Lemongrass makes a healthy hair rinse and tea with super supportive health benefits.
- Maca is a medicinal root and is great for our hair and health. Put some in hot chocolate or a smoothie.
- Mango fruit and seeds are delicious and nutritious for our hair and health.
- Marshmallow root has antimicrobial properties to help inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria and boost our microbiome. It can help soothe inflammation.
- Medicinal mushrooms have been used for thousands of years and help with medicinal and nutritional benefits. Some top medicinal mushrooms are chaga, cordyceps, maitake, reishi, shitake, and turkey tail. Medicinal mushroom products and teas are easy to make.
- Moringa powder is a great food source for health and nutrition.
- Neem oil added to natural oils like almond or sesame makes a great hair conditioning treatment.
- Nettles are a medicinal plant used for food and medicine for thousands of years.
- Nuts provide great nutrients for our body and hair: almond, Brazil, hazelnut, pecan, and walnut
- Papaya fruit, leaves, and seeds have medicinal benefits to boost hair health and eliminate parasites and excess weight.
- Pine and spruce bark and needles have many medicinal benefits when used as a terrific hair rinse or tea.
- Saw palmetto has been found to have many benefits for hair and health.
- Seeds provide excellent nutrients for our body and hair: chia, grapeseed, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, and watermelon.
- Sesame oil is a great hair, scalp, and skin conditioner.
- Sunlight is vital for our hair and health because it helps make Vitamin D which is vital for hundreds of processes and systems in our body.
- Thyme is beneficial for our hair and health.
- Tulsi or basil has numerous health benefits.
- Turmeric is one of the most studied medicinal plants for our health and well-being.
- Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K are vital for hair, skin, and scalp health.
- Witch hazel can help gently clean and naturally preserve DIY treatments.
- Excellent Food & Oil Formula for Hair: mix equal amounts of organic and raw oils with a few drops of your favorite hair essential oils. See list above.
- Almond oil, Avocado oil, Grapeseed oil, Hemp Seed Oil, and Sunflower oil.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hundreds of hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. This blog was about stopping the hair health hazards and starting healthy hair habits to help maintain better hair and health. The recommendations are good for your health and our planet.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.