When was the last time you consciously considered choosing happy and healthy Christmas, Hanukkah, or holiday gift ideas? These days it is easy to see tidbits and trinkets that grab your attention but fail to add real heart, pleasure, and value to the occasion. This holiday season is a great time to think outside the gift box and consciously consider gifts that can bring a sense of truly happy and healthy joy.
Many people are easily distracted by the hype and marketing of the newest shiny penny whizbang gizmo. With the current crazy coronavirus conditions now is a great time to give gifts that contribute to our emotional, mental, and physical wellness.
The Morningstar NEWS blog is passionate about helping you be more aware of giving gifts that show you care about the happiness and health of people we know and the planet we share. During these current crazy coronavirus conditions, it is more important than ever to focus on the happiness, health, and holistic lifestyle of our family and friends. Maintaining our happiness and health must become a higher priority if we want to be happy and healthy for the long haul and to avoid a CV long haul.
“Gifts that enhance your emotional, mental and physical well-being can help support us in many ways.” —Michael Morningstar
Feeling sad, sick, stressed, and struggling during the holidays and winter months is a common occurrence for many reasons. These feelings can make it very difficult to deal with our family, friends, and co-workers. Therefore it is vital to support those you care about most with gifts and ideas to help make happiness and health a priority.
Many people are unaware of the dangers of excess stress, high blood pressure (HBP), high blood sugar (HBS), inflammation, and the Standard American Diet (SAD). These can cause a significant reduction in the quality and quantity of our life so it is important to raise our awareness and consciousness to help our family and friends with gifts that stop sabotaging them and start supporting them for a healthier lifestyle.
Gifts that Sabotage Happiness and Health
It is so easy to shop at big box stores and online that we often choose what looks like the best buy or deal they want to sell. You must ask your family and friends what gifts are most important to them now and in the new year to help, nurture, and support them. We all know how frustrating it can be to receive a gift we have no desire or need for and then have to regift or return it.
Try offering a list of ten items from the list further below and see what they say. If none seem appealing ask for similar suggestions that will please them. Our happiness and health are too important to guess when it comes to gifts. It is better to ask than for both people to be bummed out when they open an unappreciated or unwanted gift that feels like a lack of caring or conscious thought.
Many gifts sabotage happiness and health which may include:
- Alcohol is a common gift that has many unhealthy consequences. Alcohol can contribute to depression, HBP, HBS, and weight gain.
- Artificial colorings, flavorings, preservatives, and sweeteners have been linked to a higher risk for many health issues. Read the labels before you buy any fake, fast, or junk foods with unhealthy ingredients. A lot of the beverages and food items sold for holiday gifts are cheap crap and full of unhealthy crap.
- Cake, candy, and cookies for birthdays, gifts, and holidays are often very high in artificial ingredients, refined flour, and sugar. If you plan to give things in this category do your homework and source a high-quality alternative like organic cakes, chocolate, coconut treats, and cookies.
- Clothes are a common gift that is often returned because of a color or sizing issue. Consider a gift card so they can choose what they like.
- Electronic games and gizmos can be addictive and age-inappropriate. Too many games endorse violent behavior and content.
- Fake, fast, and Frankenstein (GMO) foods often have high sugar content and have been linked to health issues like diabetes, obesity, and weight issues.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is in many beverages and foods and is believed to be a major contributing factor to being unhappy and unhealthy. Corn syrup, HFCS, and multiple sugars in the ingredient list are sure signs of harmful sugar content and warning to the wise.
- Toys that can break easily or have too many parts and pieces can also be health hazards. Educational games and toys can help with valuable life lessons.
Gifts that Support Happiness and Health
Many gift ideas require a little planning and thought. Our family and friends are worth the effort to help support their happiness and health. Our daily activities, emotional health, fitness routines, lifestyle, mental health, and nutrition are major factors that contribute to our happiness and health. Our most appreciated gifts are those that help nurture and support their long-term happiness, health, and well-being.
Many simple suggestions support the happiness and health of our family and friends:
- Acupressure and acupuncture sessions are therapies that help with many areas of happiness and health.
- Alignment and adjustment consultations can be very helpful. Chiropractic and Egoscue therapies both teach holistic self-care programs.
- Books, CDs, DVDs, and digital products can be easy, effective, and efficient ways to give great gifts. Be sure to submit a list to choose from or ask for a wish list.
- Buy a blood pressure diagnostic device and ask them to monitor it correctly and use it regularly. Families that do this can learn, live and love longer.
- Buy a blood sugar diagnostic device and ask them to monitor it correctly and use it regularly.
- Cleanse and detox programs and retreats are widely available and can be very helpful and insightful to focus on the importance of being happy and healthy.
- Companies can conduct health, lifestyle, and nutrition training for their employees to be more profitable and reduce medical costs with happier and healthier employees. Check out my 3 Day Elite Platinum Program. Contact me for details when you are ready for health and lifestyle coaching and consulting for your company.
- Couples holidays, retreats, and trips can be beneficial for couples to grow closer and learn new relationship skills.
- Date Night calendar with a focus on enjoying happy and healthy habits together. Dancing, date night games, and dinners can help maintain the relationship and romance.
- Essential oil books and essential oils are great gifts. Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lime or Orange, and Tea Tree make a great starter package.
- Far Infrared heating pads offer both heat and health benefits.
- Find equipment, events, and experiences that add more happiness, joy, and love for life and help maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Green foods and organic plant-based nutrition powders and supplements can be some of the best gifts to give. Green tea, matcha, and moringa are easy to order.
- Herbal, mineral, and vitamin supplements may contribute to better happiness and health. Ask what brands they prefer.
- Hydrogen infusion water devices for home and office use are a great option.
- Kitchen items that help us be happy and healthy can be great gifts. High-quality appliances, blenders, crock pots, and food processors should be discussed first.
- Massage packages with a monthly massage or special occasion massage can feel good if they like massage. Massage lessons can be very therapeutic.
- Meditation classes or retreats can be great gifts.
- Personal trainer or physical therapist training for exercise and fitness is a smart gift. Learning proper breathing and exercise performance requires super support.
- Rebounders are great for fitness, fun, health, and relaxation. Be sure to buy a good one that has a good grab bar for safety.
- Salt lamps are very affordable and enjoyable. A Himilayan salt lamp gives off a nice pinkish glow and some believe the salt ions offer health benefits.
- Silent retreats and spiritual retreats can be very helpful and therapeutic. Be sure to ask first before buying this great gift.
- Skin brushing kits and an organic skincare package can be great gifts.
- Yoga classes, clothes, DVDs, and retreats make great gifts.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hundreds of hours of rewarding research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration. These simple suggestions offer many happy and healthy Hanukah, Holiday, and Christmas Gift Ideas to help support our family and friends with their emotional, mental, and physical health
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Airway Breathing Congestion Dangers and Coronavirus Warnings
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea, please comment, like, and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog.
Leave a Reply