The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy, healthy and holistic. Today’s post is dedicated to commercial hemp which has been cultivated by humans for thousands of years and may be one of the most important crops for our future survival and sustainability. Hemp History Week is celebrated the week of June 6 to 12, 2016 to educate people on the many benefits and uses for hemp which has proven to be one of the most amazing and beneficial plants on the planet.
My goal is to help more people become familiar with the many benefits of this plant for fabric, fashion, fiber, food, fuel and much more.
Hemp is a valuable crop with the ability to help us be even more happy, health and holistic while helping the planet. Too many people have been misled regarding the numerous advantages and benefits this plant offers and have been brainwashed into believing it is a dangerous drug source instead.
Hemp is Here to Help Humans
Commercial hemp can help small farms and farmers become more productive and profitable. Many veterans could be involved in revitalizing small farms and homesteads while creating a cash crop as they also engage in animal husbandry, organic agriculture and permaculture.
Hemp will rapidly gain in popularity with farmers and people due to the low cost and versatility of products it provides. With over a thousand uses identified hemp may be the perfect crop and plant for the planet.
Commercial hemp will fill a key niche in agriculture and farming and help more people produce more green products for easier access at better prices. As an easy to grow and economic super star we can not ask for a better choice than hemp due to the many benefits and products it can produce in an eco friendly and sustainable way.
Top Benefits of Hemp
There are many benefits of commercial hemp, which is easy to grow, harvest and process:
- Hemp is an easy and efficient plant that can produce environmental benefits and products year round. It is an eco friendly and sustainable crop.
- Hemp will grow in marginal soil not suited for other food crops. Each plant provides multiple types of valuable products.
- Hemp requires significantly less water than cotton and does not damage the soil the way growing cotton does.
- Hemp will grow on almost any land with minimal rain and lots of sun exposure making it a more versatile crop.
- Hemp can be used for bio-fuel, clothing, composting, fabrics, food, paper, plastic and much more.
- Hempcrete is a great building and construction material with many advantages over conventional bricks and sticks building methods.
- Hemp does not require the use of chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and insecticides like most other fabric and food crops that seriously damage the environment.
- Hemp grows like a weed (over 10 feet in a season) with minimal soil impact. It is great for sequestering carbon dioxide.
- Hemp is a very efficient crop at producing fabric, fibers and food with minimal equipment, farming and rain requirements. Hemp seeds are a super food and one of the best sources of nutrition on the planet. This is a great crop for farmers and veterans on small farms.
- Hemp is easy to grow in many parts of the US and requires less resources and time than many other crops which allows the farmer to raise animals and other food crops as well.
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple suggestions for better health and well being. Commercial hemp is a very low cost crop for growing a highly beneficial plant that is great for you, your family and the environment. This is a crop we should be growing in the US instead of importing from Canada and China.
What is your current Gap?
How often do you eat hemp hearts which are a considered a delicious medicinal and nutritional super food? How many clothing items made of hemp do you own? Imagine the benefits of growing an eco friendly crop that produces fabric, fabulous homes, fashion, fibers, flags, flooring, food, medicine, paper and much more. What will it take to switch from the harmful products you currently use to using hemp products which will help your health and well being? When would not be a great time to learn more about the benefits of hemp and let our leaders, politicians and suppliers know we want more commercial hemp grown and made into US produced products?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet about the many benefits of commercial hemp. Since this is Hemp History Week you will find some great information at their website. Vote Hemp gives great background information on the history of hemp and its many benefits and uses. The Texas Hemp Industries Association has an interesting link to building better houses in Texas. The more you learn about hemp the sooner you begin to realize the manipulation of information by special interest groups regarding the real story about hemp. What small steps will you take to use hemp fabric and food products soon? When we invest the energy, money and time to again plant commercial hemp we will make giant strides to preserve and protect the health and well being of ourselves and the planet.
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of growing commercial hemp? Are you ready to learn more and support this movement for economical and ecological sustainability?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
Get Smart Go Solar
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.
Leave a Reply