How many medicinal spices are in your garden and home? If you said ten or less than tune in for some great tips to boost your medicinal spice savvy. If you said ten or more then congratulations you are definitely on the right road to health and longevity. Mother Nature has an amazing array of pharmacology and pharmacopeia from medicinal super spices with many natural healing and health benefits.
Anyone interested in learning more about medicinal super spices for boosting your beauty, health, longevity, and vitality will benefit as you continue to read about the abundant selection of super spices that are easy to access. Anyone can buy, grow, harvest, and plant medicinal super spices that can help you be happy, healthy, and spice up your life.
We all know that super spices help make fantastic flavors and tantalizing treats out of ordinary whole foods. Super spices contain powerful antioxidants, essential oils, flavonoids, phenols, and phytonutrients for supporting our health and well being. Many chefs, food experts, and holistic health experts regularly discuss the advantages and benefits of consuming a wide variety of natural seasonings and spices to help boost the benefits of consuming a whole foods diet. Most cooking experts list spices that are tasty to consume but rarely go into the many health properties and medicinal benefits due to concerns about promoting herbs and spices for health reasons and concerns about potential liability.
Today we will share some medicinal super spices to help us be even more healthy, resilient, and vibrant. During these crazy coronavirus conditions, it is good to learn about medicinal super spices that can boost our immune system as well as provide bonus health and wellness benefits. Our goal today is to share the many benefits super spices offer to help naturally support our overall health and well being. They can provide a wide assortment of medicinal and nutritional benefits to help support our overall emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
Super Spices for Super Support
Many people are eager for techniques, thoughts, and tips that can help with peak performance, quality of life, and stress reduction. They want to learn the latest lifestyle hacks to live longer, look younger, and stay disease-free. What if Mother Nature has the answers to our questions and prayers for the holy grail of incredible health and immunity support with super spices that help protect our beauty, health, and well being?
If the natural health philosophy of “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food” and “You are what you eat” connects with your head and heart than this blog can help you discover some super spices worth a kings ransom because many studies have shown that medicinal spices can add life to your years and years to your life. Spices have been used for centuries and linked to many emotional, mental, and physical health benefits all thanks to the magic and miracles of Mother Nature.” — Michael Morningstar
Super spices are delicious and nutritious in addition to helping our body function better. They offer a wide range of anti-cancer compounds, antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements, and vitamins which can help boost our digestion, health, hormones, and immune system. Buy organic when possible and choose quality super spices because some spices sold may be of very low quality because they are often highly irradiated, processed, refined, and treated with chemical insecticides. Better yet plant a DIY herbal garden and grow several types of super spices at home to ensure you have access to an abundant supply of fresh, organic, and potent plants all year long.
Space and time allow for only a small list (26 items) of super spices that offer what can best be described as major medicinal magic.
- Holy Basil is easy to grow adaptogen and rich in anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants, antibacterial compounds, and is nutrient-dense. It can help inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Bay leaf contains Vitamin A and C and Folic acid and is also good for cardiovascular health among other benefits.
- Black pepper was called the “King of Spices” by early traders. It contains piperine and rutin which have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Cacao is a fruit and the seed is used as a spice for many dishes. It is a super-rich antioxidant and mineral source.
- Cardamom was called the “Queen of Spices” by early traders.
- Cayenne pepper is well known for having many health properties. It is a good source of natural capsaicin and quercetin which may help reduce inflammation.
- Cilantro is easy to grow and can add a nice flavor to many foods.
- Cinnamon is referenced in the Bible as an ingredient in the fragrant holy anointing oil and is a good source of antioxidants. It has been beneficial when used as an anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral to help prevent and treat infections.
- Citrus zest from lemons, limes, and oranges are great spices for antioxidants, flavor, and Vitamin C.
- Clove has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties along with antioxidants and minerals that can help boost your health and immune function. It is great for making a chai tea that has calming, relaxing, and soothing properties.
- Dill is high in antioxidants and may also help support the immune system and liver function.
- Garlic is well known to help boost our immune system.
- Ginger is also known to help our immune system.
- Habanero peppers have been used for centuries and are nutrient-dense foods with many health properties for calming, healing, relaxing, and strengthening our body.
- Hibiscus is high in antioxidants and flavonoids, is anti-inflammatory, and antiviral. It makes a delicious tea that helps boost immune function.
- Lemongrass is a common spice in many Asian dishes and also makes a great tea with many medicinal benefits
- Mint is easy to grow and has been identified with antibacterial and antiviral properties. Mint essential oils have been found to have powerful health and immune function benefits.
- Marigold is high in antioxidants and helps boost our immune response. It is often called the poor mans saffron.
- Onion has many antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral benefits. The Mayo clinic is a good reference for promoting medicinal benefits.
- Oregano is easy to grow and a super spice that has many medicinal benefits including antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral activities.
- Parsley is easy to grow and has many health benefits.
- Rosemary is easy to grow and a super spice for a healthy body, hair, and skin.
- Sage is easy to grow and a potent antioxidant and antiviral herb.
- Tarragon is easy to grow and has many medicinal benefits.
- Thyme is easy to grow and rich in antioxidants, anti-pathogen properties, and flavonoids. These make it good for our brain, hair, and skin.
- Turmeric is a beautiful gold super spice rich in quercetin that has been well document for its health benefits. It is most potent when combined with black pepper and a healthy fat/oil such as butter, coconut oil, olive oil, or palm oil.
Michael’s “Flu Shot” Super Spice Recipe
For those interested to really dive deeper into the amazing benefits of super spices consider checking out the concept of natural flue shots made with super spices to boost your immune system during the crazy coronavirus conditions. My favorite flu shot super spice recipe includes apple cider vinegar, black pepper (fine), cayenne pepper, cinnamon, clove, garlic, ginger, honey (raw), lemon or lime juice and zest (fresh is best), turmeric, and water
BTW, there is even a famous song about super spices. Google Simon and Garfunkel and the Scarborough Fair song. Maybe there is a hidden health message and more to the lyrics than just a soothing song. Who knew singing about herbs could be so beautiful? Previously a blog shared the energy psychology benefits of singing.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. This blog was about many super spices with major medicinal benefits to help maintain better health and vitality. How will super spices help you stay healthy in 2020 and beyond?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.