How many medicinal flowers can you list and name their health benefits? If you could name at least five congratulations, you are tuned in to the frequency of Mother Nature.
Anyone interested in learning more about flower power for boosting your beauty, health, longevity, and youthfulness will benefit as you continue reading Hopefully you are now committed and curious enough to grow, harvest and plant beautiful and medicinal flowers that can help you stay happy, healthy, and in harmony
We all know that flowers provide valuable nectar for bees to make honey as they pollinate the flower. Many flowers also produce powerful phytonutrients for humans. Holistic health experts regularly discuss the advantages of consuming nutrient-dense organic whole foods. Some experts may even list medicinal flowers that are beneficial to consume. Today we will share some medicinal flowers that can help us become even more healthy and resilient. During these crazy coronavirus conditions, it is good to learn about flowers that can provide bonus health and wellness benefit in addition to their olfactory and visual appeal.
Our goal today is to share the many benefits some fantastic flowers offer to help support many aspects of our health and well being. Besides providing vivid colors, fantastic fragrances, and nutritious nectar they can provide a wide assortment of medicinal and nutritional boost to help support our overall emotional, mental, and physical well-being. Flowers can provide free medicinal benefits to naturally help us be happy and healthy.
Flowers a Free Fountain of Youth
Based on many lifestyle trends most people want to feel better, live longer, and look younger. We all know that the anti-aging, beauty, body care, cosmetics, fitness, salon, and spa businesses make billions pampering, promising, and promoting magic makeovers and soothing selections of silver bullet miracle patents, pills, and potions. What if you could learn to listen and look at Mother Nature for an incredible selection of fantastic flowers that can help you be more beautiful, healthful, and youthful?
“Investing your energy and time to learn about fantastic flowers is worth it because many studies have shown that medicinal flowers have been used for centuries and linked to many emotional, mental, and physical health benefits. As we come to better understand the magic of Mother Nature we understand how medicinal flowers can help influence our overall well being.” — Michael Morningstar
Space and time allow for only a small highlight of benefits but here are fifteen fantastic flowers with major medicinal mojo:
- Banana flower is rich in antioxidants, antibacterial compounds, and nutrient-dense. It can help inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- Cassia flower is referenced in the Bible as an ingredient in the fragrant holy anointing oil and is a good source of antioxidants.
- Chamomile is great for making a tea that has calming, relaxing, and soothing properties.
- Cornflower has been beneficial when used as an anti-inflammatory, help heal wounds, liver detox, and to treat infections.
- Chrysanthemum has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties along with antioxidants and minerals that can help boost your health and immune function.
- Dandelion flowers are high in antioxidants and may also help support the immune system and liver function.
- Echinacea is well known to help boost our immune system.
- Hemp flower, leaf and seeds have been used for centuries and are nutrient-dense foods with many health properties for calming, healing, relaxing, and strengthening our body.
- Hibiscus is high in antioxidants and flavonoids, is anti-inflammatory, and antiviral. It makes a delicious tea that helps boost immune function.
- Indian Lotus benefits include hair and skin health, calming and relaxing properties, cardiovascular health, and weight management.
- Lavender flower is well known for producing essential oil that helps with calming, healing, and soothing properties.
- Manuka bush flower studies have found that bees transfer antibacterial and antiviral properties to their honey while extracting the nectar. The essential oils and honey have been found to have powerful burn and wound healing benefits.
- Marigold is high in antioxidants and helps boost our immune response.
- Melaleuca flowers from the tea tree are promoted for having many antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral benefits. The Mayo clinic is a good reference for promoting medicinal benefits.
- Moringa is a tree that has many medicinal parts including flower, leaf, and seeds. Benefits of the flower include antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral activities.
Five Flower Bonus
- Passionflowers have been used for their antioxidant and calming properties.
- Rosehips and rose petals are a great source of antioxidants, soothing tea, and Vitamin C
- Squash flowers are delicious and nutritious.
- Sunflowers produce seeds that are a dense source of antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients which can help boost our health and immune system. The seeds can also be germinated to create nutrient-dense superfood sprouts. Avoid sunflower oil as it is highly heated, processed, refined, and treated.
- Yarrow has been used for centuries to help wounds heal faster.
For those interested to really dive deeper into the amazing benefits of flowers consider checking out the history of Bach Flower Essence for further accessing the healing and health benefits of medicinal flowers.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. This blog was about many fantastic flowers with major medicinal mojo benefits to help maintain better health and vitality. How will flowers help you stay healthy in 2020 and beyond?
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog. Thank you for your helpful support.