The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in the A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards that are affecting our health and quality of life.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my own health and that of my family and clients. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even greater numbers of health challenges this series of posts seemed the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least amount of time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are feeling sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors, beliefs and habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro- Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. It seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to help preserve and protect our health. The upcoming blog posts will be written in and A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information that has emerged over the last few decades to minimize health hazards and maximize helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being..
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the wolves in sheep skins which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell you fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take your money and leave you with the sad consequences. and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “F” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Feelings are an important aspect of life. Feelings are like the dashboard of a vehicle. If we feel aches, anger, concerns, emotions, fears, guilt, headaches, hurt, joy, love, pain, phobias, stomachaches, stress, upsets or worry these are signs that something in our subconscious mind is communicating and deserves attention. Focusing on these feelings will help guide us along our journey of life. Ignoring these feelings can lead to loss of our happiness and health. Therefore it is essential to acknowledge and pay attention to our feelings. All feelings are feedback and provide signals to guide us to where we are currently so we can get to where we want to be. We must learn and listen to our feelings.
- Fasting is a great way to give the digestion system a rest and allow the body to recover and rest for enhanced health and immune function. Many spiritual writings refer to the power of fasting for health and spiritual reasons. Dr. Sircus has written an article titled Fasting for Dummies about several smart reasons to try fasting. Some people try water fasting while others do a juice fast. His idea about using liquid seeds for nourishment to assist with a fast is quite intriguing. Intermittent fasting is a simple process of restricting the number of hours and timing of when you eat. Many of the experts recommend limiting your eating to an eight hour window that stops by six or seven PM at the latest. Even intermittent fasting a few days a week has shown significant benefits for many people. This trains the body to burn fat instead of sugar and gives the body and digestion organs a chance to rest and deliver more energy for other activities.
- Fermented foods are beneficial for many reasons. Fermented foods are naturally predigested by friendly bacteria and make it easier for us to digest and assimilate the nutrients in food. Kimchi and sauerkraut are examples of fermented foods. Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish made with fermented cabbage and spices that tastes both spicy and sour. Many foods through out time have been naturally fermented such as: apple cider vinegar, beans, beer, bread, cacao, coffee, kifir, meat, miso, mustard, natto, oats, olives, pickles, salsa, tomato sauce, vegetables, wine and yogurt. GABA is a newly rediscovered food created through the process of fermentation. When lactobacillus fermentation conditions are optimal, GABA production by microorganisms is increased. The good bacteria in fermented foods are beneficial as probiotics. This makes fermented foods a great source of probiotics to promote gut health .
- Fresh fruits are a great source of antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements and vitamins.
- Flowers and flower essence are very beneficial for a wide variety of holistic, medicinal and natural uses. Bach flower remedies is one of the best know of these. Remedies are derived from plant based items. There are many holistic health uses for Bach Flower remedies.
- Fragrances that are unnatural (artificial scents/ synthetic compounds) are well documented to be health hazards. e sure to avoid products with these synthetic chemicals and only use natural essential oils for scents.
- Flavorings that are artificial or synthetic are also harmful and unhealthy.. Carefully read the ingredients label to look for artificial additives, enhancers and flavorings.
- Fats are keys to health and longevity. The helpful fats help the majority of functions within the body for maintaining health. The body and brain need healthy fats to survive and thrive. The key is to eat the healthy fats and eliminate the unhealthy fats. Healthy fats come from organic raw avocados, chia, coconuts, eggs, fish, meat, nuts, palm oil and seeds.
- Frankincense is an essential oil with many beneficial properties. It seems to be especially beneficial as an an antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti viral remedy. It is listed in the Bible as a precious gift along with gold which may be a clue to its many health benefits.
- Fake, fast and Frankenfoods are major risks to our health. We are better off we we avoid foods in bags, boxes, cans and containers. Fresh is best.
- Fish from clean cold water sources have many beneficial nutrients. Wild caught is best and farm raised is usually not fit for human consumption due to the antibiotics and feed used. Fish oils may be a healthy supplement if it comes from clean sources and is properly prepared and refrigerated so it is not rancid. If you have any unpleasant odor or taste than that is a sign it is not good for you.
- Folate – Consuming therapeutic levels above the minimum daily suggested dosage of Folate could be very beneficial to protect us against many common health issues.
- Formula for babies is a fake food fed instead of mothers milk. The majority of formula have excessive amounts of sugars (often High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) which pre-programs a baby to crave sweets. Formulas also contain cows milk which has antibiotics and potentially harmful hormones and other artificial ingredients. Modern baby formula from factories is not healthy and our babies deserve better. All mammals need their mothers milk for optimal health and survival.
- Fried foods can be very harmful to our health. Most fried foods use vegetable oils which are adulterated and rancid. Many other fried foods use hydrogenated oils. Heating foods to frying temperatures causes the food to loose nutritional value and be detrimental to our digestion and health. Avoid fried foods. Heating foods in saturated fats like butter, coconut oil or lard is actually more healthy than frying in hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Fabrics are frequently treated with fire retardants and stain resistant chemicals and compounds that are know to be harmful and toxic resulting in various health issues.
- Fabric softeners are an example of harmful chemicals and compounds that contaminate our body and drinking water.
- Fluoride is a health hazard. It is a dangerous and toxic element that is frequently added to oral hygiene products and water. This is in spite of the fact that it is a known carcinogen and neuro-toxin.
- Fluorocarbon films used to cover pans and pots with a non stick coating have been shown to contain harmful synthetic chemical compounds. If you have any pans, pots or utensils with polytetrafluoroethylene coatings you may find it wise to replace them ASAP. Replacing them with stainless steel is a better choice although ceramic and glass are even better choices.
- Flax seed is a popular food, nutrient, oil and supplement. Be careful when buying flax products. The whole seeds can last a while but are best used within 3 months of frozen. It is best to soak then in water first and drain before blending or grinding them. The ground seeds or oil can go rancid fast so it must be refrigerated and consumed within 2 to 3 months maximum. Freesing prolongs shelf life.
- Fucoxanthin is a compound found in brown seaweed that has been found to have many health benefits. It is advised as helpful for chronic disease prevention and issues with blood sugar, constipation, digestion, hormones, immune system and weight loss.
- Far infrared technology like heating pads and saunas are a great way to help the body stay healthy. Far infrared device simulate the beneficial energy of the sun.
- Fun is fantastic and a key ingredient for happiness and health. Be sure to focus on making time for having fun and relaxation.
- Family communications and relationships are a key component of health. We can all benefit from the love, support and time with a caring and warm family. Even if we lose our family for some reason it is possible to find a new family circle for love and support.
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “F” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement them.
What is your current Gap?
What fabrics, foods, chemicals, synthetic compounds and toxins are you being exposed to that are harming your body, mind and spirit? What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and lifestyle longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is also well documented that better emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a brilliant book sharing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
A to Z Health Habits – G
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.