The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in the A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards that are affecting our health and quality of life.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my own health and that of my family and clients. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even greater numbers of health challenges this series of posts seemed the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least amount of time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are feeling sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors, beliefs and habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro- Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. It seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to help preserve and protect our health. The upcoming blog posts will be written in and A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information that has emerged over the last few decades to minimize health hazards and maximize helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being..
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the wolves in sheep skins which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell you fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take your money and leave you with the sad consequences. and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “G” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Gratitude is an extremely powerful state of being to enhance our happiness, health and well being. Thinking about gratitude first thing in the morning and last thing before going to sleep is a great way to program our conscious and subconscious mind for better days and a better life. When we are feeling grateful it is easier to maintain and sustain a positive personality and perspective.
- Good Fats are key to health and longevity. The good fats help the body and brain maintain good health. The body and brain need good fats to survive and thrive. The key is to eat the healthy good fats and eliminate the unhealthy bad fats. Healthy fats come from organic raw avocados, chia, coconuts, eggs, fish, meat, nuts, palm oil and seeds.
- Grief is a serious emotional issue that is negatively impacting the lives of many people. Whether it is caused by the death of a child, friend, parent, partner, pet, sibling or spouse it can wreck havoc on our happiness, health and quality of life. Unresolved grief drains our energy and robs us of choices. Russell Friedman with The Grief Recovery Method offers caring and supportive resources to help you or a loved one resolve grief and regain happiness. Also remember that EFT is another great resource for resolving grief.
- Garlic is a fantastic food, potent herbal medicine and spice. It has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. It has been used for healing, health and vitality for thousands of years. Cooked, fermented or raw garlic is an outstanding addition to help your health and immune functions.
- Grapes have been found to provide very poerful antioxidants and nutrient benefits. The pigment in red grapes contain resveratrol a potent antioxidant. Mustang grapes are an heirloom variety and have been found to have a higher ORAC rating than blueberries. Buy organic grapes with seeds to get the most benefit from the grapes you buy.
- Grape seed extract is also a potent antioxidant. Avoid seedless grapes because they are hybrids and unnatural. Plus they do not provide the benefits of the grape seeds.
- Grape leaf is a great green food. They can be blended in smoothies or cooked in various dishes and soups. Greek recipes often use grape leaves. Dolmades is a stuffed grape leaf food.
- Ginko biloba is a supplement and tree that provides numerous health benefits.
- Grapefruit seed extract has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-viral properties.
- Ginger is a great food, herb and spice. It can be consumed in many ways including: cooked, fermented, pickled, raw, spiced and teas. Some health researchers feel that ginger may be thousands of time more beneficial and helpful against serious chronic disease and pathogens than conventional pharmaceutical medicines .
- Ginseng is a potent herbal root with a long history of medicinal benefits. There are different varieties in different areas of the world. Most well know are the American, Asian and Siberian ginseng. Dr. Mercola has a great article on the benefits and uses of ginseng.
- Goji berries are a delicious and nutritious super food that is gaining a larger fan base. These dried berries rank very high on the ORAC scale.
- Green tea has been promoted for many centuries as a healthy beverage and longevity promoter. It is well know for the antioxidant and phyto-nutrient properties.
- Graviola which also goes by the name of guanabana and soursop has been reported to be a super food with potential powerful health benefits. It is being researched closely to uncover the anti cancer properties that have been identified.
- Grains seem to be a major food issue for many people. Many people are consuming too many grain products and suffering with blood sugar, diabetes and obesity issues. Many people are gluten intolerant and this is causing significant digestive issues and inflammation. Highly processed and refined grains are treated with many chemicals, preservatives and procedures that make them unfit for human consumption. Usually a large amount of sugar is added which makes them even worse. Unfortunately most grains are contaminated with chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides and synthetic compounds which are toxic to humans. Grains have natural protective enzymes and proteins to protect them. They are often referred to as anti-nutrients. These must be naturally removed by culturing, fermenting, soaking or sprouting to remove the phytic acid and other compounds that cause inflammation. The Weston A. Price Foundation has some great information on phytic acid and ways to minimize the impact it has on us. Additional information can be found in No Grain Diet by Dr Mercola and Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, MD.
- Gluten ties into grains and is present in wheat, rye, spelt and oats. Many people are having issues caused by gluten and gut health issues. Gluten causes an inflmmatory response in many people which starts a chain reaction that can be like a run away train that eventually crashes. Culturing, fermenting and sprouting foods can help reduce gluten so it is not as harmful.
- Gut health is directly tied to our microbiome. The microbiome refers to the many types of beneficial and harmful bacteria that populate our digestive tract. Many people have a dysfunctional gut and this is due to the type of bacteria that are deficient or dominant. Cultured foods and probiotics can be very helpful to improve our microbiome.
- Growth hormone is vital to cell growth and regeneration. Sleep disorders can impact growth hormone production. Exercise during the day and quality sleep is vital to growth hormone production. Many people are mistakenly using growth hormone supplements without realizing the risks they are facing.
- GABA rice has begun receiving attention as a superior amino acid and rice. There is also an ancient method of preparing rice that may also provide significant benefits over most modern rice preparation methods. The secret may be as simple as soaking the unprocessed rice in water first and then dumping that water and adding new water for a low temperature and slow cooking method. Most people do not understand the benefit of soaking grains, nuts and seeds in water first to remove protective enzymes in them first before consuming them.
- Genetically Engineered (GE) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) may be one of the most damaging, destructive and diabolical creations of the biotechnology industry. Frankenfoods are an appropriate name for GE and GMO things because they use genetic engineering to alter the DNA of a normal organism into a Frankenstein non natural organism. Many common foods are GE or GMO to include: alfalfa, canola, corn, cotton, eucalyptus, papaya, potato, salmon, soy and sugar beets. There are plans for GMO rice and wheat also.
- Grace before consuming meals is a blessing for the farmers, fellowship, fields, food and fossil fuels that provide our nourishment. Many aspects of our foods today are not sustainable so saying prayers for good food and sustainable agriculture is an important habit to maintain. Awareness and mindfulness are also key components of being happy and healthy. Pray to whatever God you believe in but pray regularly for all the emotional, mental, physical and spiritual benefits it can provide.
- Grounding is a relatively new concept for health. Grounding is also referred to as earthing and has become a top topic for health and wellness. Basically grounding is a simple as going barefoot or as complex as being grounded by a grounding wire. Grounding has been shown to have a significant effect on concentration, endurance, immune function, mental clarity, pain, relaxation, sleep and overall wellness.
- Glass is one of the best choices for cooking, drinking, eating and water bottles. Glass is easier to clean and does not contain harmful artificial chemicals and synthetic compounds. By saving your glass containers you will learn to find many valuable uses for them. Glass is also easy to recycle. Glass is a low cost choice and is often even free. Learn to recycle the plastic bottles and cups and stop buying plastic items. Plastic is made from petroleum products.
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “G” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement them.
What is your current Gap?
What good, bad and ugly foods make up the majority of your diet? Unfortunately many people are feeding themselves Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) garbage processed and refined food substitutes loaded with chemicals, synthetic compounds and toxins harmful to our body, mind and spirit. What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and lifestyle longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is also well documented that better emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a brilliant book sharing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
A to Z Health Habits – H
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.