The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in this A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards affecting our health and quality of life. We must focus on healthy habits to guide our behaviors, beliefs and rituals toward emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well being.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my health and recommended to others. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even more health challenges this series of posts is the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and then design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors and beliefs to establish healthy habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro- Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must be vigilant. We must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. Therefore it seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to share them to better preserve and protect our health. The series of blog posts written in an A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information. These have come to my attention over many decades to minimize health hazards while maximizing helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being.
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health habits handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the predators which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell us fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take our money and leave us with the sad consequences and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “P” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Plant based nutrient dense organic whole food sources are the foundation for health and vitality. These are key to being happy, healthy and in harmony long term.
- Pulse is referenced by Don Tolman and others as the ancient food foundation for health. Pulse is referenced in the Bible and is believed to include a variety of plant based foods with seeds. This includes fruits, beans, grains, herbs, legumes, nuts, seeds and vegetables. These were prepared raw and being soaked first before preparation. Think of beans being soaked over night. Other items are sprouted (Ezekiel) This removes the natural protective enzymes and anti nutrients that protect them.Then they can be a delicious and nutritious source of plant protein.
- Pistachios are a healthy nut. Best to avoid roasted and salted ones and source raw ones.
- Pumpkin seeds offers amazing health and nutrition benefits. Pumpkin is also an excellent food source.
- Potassium is an essential nutrient. It is vital for our sodium potassium pump to function and create energy for our metabolism.
- Pomegranate is great as an antioxidant and immune enhancer. Pomogranate oil and seeds are a very potent superfood.
- Pulling bacteria out of our mouth with a high quality raw oil like coconut is great for our health. Oil Pulling is an easy and effective way to remove harmful bacteria that can damage our health and heart.
- Parsley is an alkalizing green herb that is a healthy food choice. Parsley is loaded with minerals and trace elements.
- Pears are a delicious and nutritious fruit, They are loaded with additional beneficial minerals, phyto nutrients, trace elements and vitamins.
Peas are great source of minerals, plant based proteins and phyto-nutrients. It has been consumed for many centuries as a nutrient dense natural whole food.
- Peppers of many types and varieties are beneficial for cleansing and detoxing the body. Hot peppers also act as a natural parasite cleanse. Peppers also have many other health properties.
- Phyto-nutrients come from plants. It is essential to consume beverages, foods, supplements and vitamins made with nutrient dense organic whole foods. Avoid synthetic vitamins.
- Peppermint is an herb and essential oil. It is well known for its health benefits and support of the liver to cleanse, detox and repair. Peppermint essential oil is fantastic as an antibacterial, anti viral and anti fungal treatment.
- Patchouli is an essential oil that has numerous benefits and uses. It is a great natural body deodorant to help us replace anti-antiperspirants and chemical deodorants.
- Peels from most fruits contain a large amount of the minerals and vitamins. Lemon and lime peel can be delicious and nutritious. Banana peels can be boiled into a tea for potassium.
- Petroleum products are used in many skin care products and are a known health hazard. Learn to replace them with natural products like almond oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter instead.
- Pits from apricots, peaches and plums contain high levels of Vitamin B 17 also called laetrile.They have many health benefits.
- Plums and prunes are good for you. Plums are a low cost fruit loaded with antioxidants, phyto-nutrients and vitamins. Prunes are dried plums to help extend the shelf life.
- Papaya is good for us. It contains beneficial enzymes with many health benefits. Avoid the GMO papaya.
- Pineapple is also good for us. Avoid the hybrids with extra sugar. It contains beneficial enzymes, bromelain and Vitamin C with many health benefits.
- Purple cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable with many health benefits. The purple/ red color means it has additional antioxidants and phyto-nutrients.
- Prickly pear cactus provides several delicious and nutritious whole foods. The prickly pear flower, fruit and pad are great foods with many health benefits. It is a native and very drought tolerant plant that is also very healthy to eat. The fruit can be used to make delicious drinks, jams, juices and smoothies.
- Pythagoras is often referred to as the father of math and numbers. His work laid the foundation for modern mathematics. All natural things in existence can be mathematically mapped out. He is responsible for developing the seven octaves of music. Pythagoras also noticed there are seven colors in a rainbow, seven days of the week and seven chakra energetic areas that make up our body energy system. These chakra can be harmonically tuned for health and well being.
- Palm oil is a good oil for beauty, food and health. There are several sources such as the African palm and the Cohune palm of Belize. It can be used for cooking or consumed raw.
- Pau d’ arco is an Amazon herb with a long list of health benefits. You can buy this from Mountain Rose Herbs.
- Phytoplankton is superfood that grows in the oceans. It is the source of life for all fish, krill, mammals and shrimp in the seas.
- Prayer is one of the most powerful forms of natural healing and renewal. Prayer is a powerful group and individual technique to promote healing and health. There are many forms and versions of prayer. They all have proven effective for emotional, mental, physical and spiritual healing and health.
- Purple skins fruits (blackberries, mulberries, mustang grapes, plums) are extremely powerful sources of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients.
- Passion flower is a powerful natural medicine. Passion fruit is delicious and nutritious. It is a great source for many minerals and trace elements.
- Probiotics is one of the most important and most often misunderstood aspects of healing and health. Our gut health often called our microbiome is the key to our happiness and health. Without healthy probiotics we are unable to absorb, assimilate, digest and process the foods we eat.
- Porphyra is a red algae of laver. It is used to make nori a well known seaweed wrap for sushi.
- Plantain and Purslane are edible herbal weeds with many health properties.
- Port is a sweet wine most commonly from the Douro region of Portugal. Many believe it is made using the ancient recipe for wine of Biblical times and widely consumed in the Mediterranean. It is made following the original methods before modern man decided to apply scientific methods. It is made without adding sulfites. Port has also been used as an alcohol base for many medicinal herbal remedies and tinctures.
Better behaviors, beliefs and habits lead to better benefits and rapid results for our body, mind and spiritual health. Are you ready to start doing more of the Helpful Stuff and stop the Harmful Stuff?
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for simple and sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “P” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement the simple strategies and suggestions.
What is your current Gap?
What justification and rationalization is harming your happiness and health? Unfortunately many people are doing things they know are harming their health and trying to justify, minimize or rationalize it. Our body is the temple for our brain, heart and soul and our habits determine the future health of our body, mind and spirit. What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors, beliefs and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and loving longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is well documented that better emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great healthy habits information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a beneficial and brilliant book revealing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
A to Z Health Habits – Q
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.