This summer the weather has been exceptionally dry and hot in Texas, the United States, and many parts of the northern hemisphere. As usual, many people are consuming large amounts of bottled water, sodas, and sports drinks. Drinking any of these is unhealthy for you and unhealthy for our environment. This blog is dedicated to sharing important insights into why it makes good sense to avoid sports dumb drinks and add smart DIY drinks instead. Morningstar NEWS blog has previously written articles numerous times about why bottled water and sodas are unhealthy for you and an additional one is titled Stop Drinking Wrong Water and Start Drinking Wellness Water. Do your body and brain some good by reading this blog to discover healthier and safe ways to add smart DIY drinks to hydrate.
When is the last time you drank a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade after exercising to help your body replace fluids and electrolytes? Hopefully, it was a very long time ago because there are many reasons to avoid sports drinks and add smart DIY drinks instead. When you invest the time to read about the sports drink ingredients that you are paying for and putting into your body you may be shocked. Hopefully, this blog will help you wake up and come to the common sense conclusion to protect your body and save your money. When you research the potential health hazard ingredients you may be shocked to realize the dirty little secrets in the bottled beverages industry. They are driven by the desire for profits to use cheap ingredients and cut corners without concern for the health and well-being of the people who consume their products.
Ever since Gatorade was launched as a special electrolyte replacement drink the concept of sports drinks seems to continue to be one of the hottest beverage trends on the market. Imagine the big profits that are being earned by simply combining purified tap water with some artificial colorings, sweeteners, and specialty mineral salts and then hyping and marketing the sports drinks to sell for big bucks. When you are ready to learn more information to enhance your happiness, health, and longevity then this blog can help. The companies and media are extremely well paid to push and promote bottled water, sodas, and sports drinks in their ads, commercials, postings, and stories to brainwash you into buying the product they are promoting. They drive your behavior to spend your hard-earned money and buy their hyper-inflated product even if it robs you of your happiness, health, and well-being.
Imagine the pure profit potential of combining everyday tap water with some artificial ingredients that cost about five cents and then selling it for more than a dollar a bottle. The marketing team goes to work to create a clever story with a great marketing spin to sell you their overhyped and overpriced product. We are talking about multi-billion dollar brands and businesses that deliver an inferior product at a premium price to generate giant profits. How many people realize they are paying more for this bottled beverage than an equivalent amount of gasoline? Think about that crazy comparison for a minute.
The blogs on Morningstar NEWS are my passion project to help you enhance and transform the quality of your life. My goal is to find the resources, role models, and real-world wisdom to help you. The world is full of sad, sick, and struggling people because they are not clear about the source of the attacks on their happiness and health. My goal is to help you stop wasting your money on bottled beverages in plastic bottles by avoiding sports drinks and start adding smart DIY drinks instead.
Avoid Sports Dumb Drinks
It is best to avoid sports drinks because they are made with tap water with a few cheap ingredients added and then sold for a high-profit price typically in a plastic bottle.
Let us look at several of the common sports drink ingredients and consider why they may be a health hazard:
- Artificial colorings are believed to be a health hazard. Many artificial colorings are banned in the European Union.
- Artificial flavorings can be a health hazard. When you do your research on this topic and learn that chemicals are converted into flavors, it can be very shocking.
- Artificial sweeteners are added to some sports drinks to be advertised as Zero calories. Numerous articles, blogs, books, and websites warn about the numerous dangers associated with consuming artificial sweeteners.
- Concentrated caffeine is added to some energy/ sports drinks for an extra boost and kick. If you want caffeine it si better to choose organic coffee or green tea.
- Sweeteners such as High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) are used in some sports drinks. HFCS is considered to be unhealthy. The fact that it comes from GMO corn should be a big and bold red flag warning to avoid it.
- Tap water may be or maybe not be purified so it can still contain dissolved chemicals, fluoride, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, and pollution.
- Plastic bottles contain chemicals, petroleum ingredients, and plasticizers in the plastic such as phthalates, BPA, and BPS. Many of these compounds are known to be endocrine disruptors and contribute to other problems as well.
Add Smart DIY Drinks
It may be best to add smart DIY drinks as a beverage of choice because you can make them with filtered water and add healthy ingredients. It will probably cost you less than 10 percent of the cost of the commercial brands and you will be protecting your body and the environment while providing better benefits.
Let us look at several of the common smart DIY drink ingredients to promote better happiness and health:
- Filtered water is better because you reduce the risk of chlorine, fluoride, herbicides, pesticides, and prescription drugs being in the water.
- Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) can be beneficial by helping to alkalize the body naturally. Many articles, books, and websites praise the benefits of baking soda to help maintain an optimal acid and alkaline balance. Consuming a small pinch of baking soda several times a day may be helpful to counteract some of the acidic beverages, foods, and stressors in life.
- Herbs like ginger, green tea, lemongrass, licorice root, marshmallow root, peppermint, spearmint, and turmeric provide a nice flavor while also providing some antioxidants and bonus health benefits.
- Natural flavors from cinnamon, clove, hibiscus flower, lemon, lime, and orange provide better benefits and bonus antioxidants.
- Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, molasses, stevia (no calories), and organic sugar allow you to enhance the flavor while still supporting your health. Becoming a fat burner will help you reduce your craving for sweets.
- Sea salt naturally provides the electrolytes and minerals the body needs. Our ancestors carried a bag of sea salt to resupply their bodies with electrolytes and minerals. Himalayan pink sea salt may be one of the better choices because many of the common coastal sea salt flats have become contaminated with chemicals. Many people find that consuming a small pinch of sea salt before drinking the flavored smart DIY drink is the best way to replace electrolytes and minerals.
- Teas are another great way to add smart DIY drinks and save money. Buy teas in bulk and buy organic whenever possible.
- Stainless steel and glass bottles are a great way to minimize waste products, reduce plastic pollution, and promote recyclable and sustainable solutions.
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hundreds of hours of reading and research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration. This blog offers helpful information and insights for avoiding sports drinks and adding smart DIY drinks instead to enhance your health and longevity.
“Living better and living longer begins with our everyday choices and decisions. The beverages and fluids we put into our bodies each day play a major role in our happiness and health. Choose wisely.” —Michael Morningstar
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea, please comment, like, and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog.