If the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic can cause businesses to be put on pause, our economy to falter and put our pay in jeopardy, what is your Backup Plan (Plan B) to provide healthy food for your family?
We can help you be more efficient and self-sufficient regarding your food foundation. My goal is to share some of the best buy budget-friendly family foods to ensure you are well fed during this crazy coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Many people are struggling financially and eager to learn helpful tips to be prepared and shop wisely. With these simple steps, you can be better fed and prepared to survive and thrive the challenges that may occur now and in the future.
Many people are frustrated about the lack of helpful suggestions for people to stay healthy and shop smarter. This blog offers tips that anyone can do to boost your health and create food security during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. These shopping tips are designed to buy budget-friendly family foods to boost your health and immune system. They are based on centuries of common sense and decades of first-hand experience. My passion and purpose are to help people be better informed so they can make better choices. Remember…companies pay big bucks to influence our behaviors, beliefs, and thinking to sell us their fast foods and fake Frankenfoods.
We must have a smart plan to access affordable choices as we minimize unhealthy foods and maximize healthy foods.
This blog post is based on observing many cultures in many countries and learning the common sense choices so you can be prepared and buy budget-friendly family foods to feed your family better food for less money. There are basic practices and principles that allowed our ancestors to survive and thrive during tough times for thousands of years and all that information is available when you know where to look.
Avoid the Dark Side of Fake Foods
- Avoid the dark side of fake foods that can harm your health and rob your wealth.
- Beverages like energy drinks, flavored waters, and sports drinks are loaded with artificial ingredients and a waste of money.
- Cereals are typically full of additives, glyphosate, and sugar with minimal nutritional value.
- Cheese/ Dairy /Milk is expensive and spoils easily and contains too many additives, antibiotics, harmful ingredients, and hormones. Cows milk is made for baby cows and not humans.
- Search Google for the sad story about the abuse of milk cows and why milk is not good for people or the planet.
- Flour and most wheat products have many problems including additives, glyphosate, low nutritional value, and spikes in insulin similar to sugar.
- Frankenfoods include Genetically Engineered (GE) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) and are often contaminated with glyphosate.
- Juices contain high sugar content water without the valuable fiber to fill you up and slow down your blood sugar spike.
- Sodas contain many health hazard ingredients like too much sugar and toxic artificial sweeteners.
- Sugar (brown, High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), white) has been linked to a higher risk for diabetes, obesity, and suppressing our immunity.
- Vegetable oils like canola, corn, cottonseed, margarine, safflower, and soy are highly processed (mostly GMO) into an adulterated state.
Best Buy Budget-Friendly Family Foods
- Beans: bulk & dried (black, kidney, Lima bean, navy, pinto, red, white)
- Bread (organic sourdough sprouted whole wheat)
- Butter (grass-fed organic)
- Cactus (nopales)
- Chicken (buy organic drumsticks as the best value)
- Coconut flour
- Coconut oil, Extra virgin olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Eggs (organic only)
- Fruits (apples, bananas, cranberries, dates, limes, mangoes, melons, oranges, plantain, prunes, raisins, tangerines)
- Green veggies (cabbage, chard, collards, dandelion, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, sesame greens, spinach)
- Herb plants and seeds for a garden (basil, cilantro, dill, garlic, ginger oregano, parsley, peppers, rosemary, thyme, turmeric)
- Raw honey
- Hot dogs (organic only)
- Jam & Jelly (minimal sugar and organic)
- Mushrooms (dried or fresh)
- Nuts (raw almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- Pasta & pasta sauce (organic)
- Pulses (blackeye peas, chickpeas, cowpeas, dahl, green peas, lentils, mung beans, yellow peas)
- Rice (black, brown, cargo, red)
- Root vegetables (beets, carrot, jicama, onions, red potato, parsnip, radish, turnip, sweet potato
- Salmon, sardines tuna canned in spring water
- Sausage (beef or chicken can be OK and best to avoid pork)
- Seeds (chia, flax, pumpkin, quinoa, sunflower)
- Spices (black pepper, cayenne, chili powder, cinnamon, sea salt, turmeric)
- Squash (pumpkin yellow-white zucchini )
- Tomatoes canned
- Vegetables (cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes)
Nutrition is vital to maintaining our health and immune system. Be sure to avoid the temptation of fake, fast, and Frankenfoods that are made with artificial ingredients, GMO’s and synthetic compounds.
Be sure to consume a nutrient-dense, organic, whole foods lifestyle that provides essential antioxidants, enzymes, fiber, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements, and vitamins.
Remember, our ancestors discovered ways to survive and thrive hard times and epidemics. So it is vital to learn to tap into our epigenetic (lifestyle) and genetic (inherited) wisdom to boost our health and immune system.
Passion and Purpose
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense many hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Remember, it is essential to choose wisely which behaviors, beliefs, habits, and rituals will best serve you now and in the future. What will you do to make your health a higher priority during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic?
Next Morningstar NEWS Blog
Dehydrated and Dried Foods to Be Prepared
PS: Comment, like, plus, and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Leave a Reply