Are you experiencing any foot, knee, hip or back pain? Today we start a series on various pains and possible protocols to eliminate or at least reduce them. Having had significant foot, knee, hip and back pain I have made it a priority to learn and practice pain prevention and reduction strategies. Pain is prevalent in hundreds of millions of people and begs the question is pain or pain-free based on choices and lifestyle? My goal is to share some exercises, habits, ideas, protocols, and therapies to prevent and even permanently resolve various foot pains.
The majority of people will experience various foot, knee, leg, hip, back or neck pain at one time or another during their life. If not caused by a very serious accident or injury the vast majority of these can be linked to behaviors, habits and lifestyle choices. The principles of biology, chemistry, and physics play a direct role in the health of our bones, cartilage, joints, muscles, and tendons. This post is dedicated to educate and inspire more people to learn simple and sustainable solutions to prevent and reverse pain. Previously I wrote about physiology, psychology and physical fitness tips to help people identify and resolve pain problems in another post. This post has new and updated information.
Choice of Pain vs. Pain-Free
Did you know that foot pain is our friend? Pain offers a signal to alert us and prevent further injury. Pain is part of an integrated system of feedback about our body to prevent damage and protect us from further injury. The goal is to learn the leading causes of foot pain in order to stop doing those things and start doing things to help our feet be pain-free.
As previously mentioned in blog posts we suffer unnecessary pain due to health hazards, stress, and unhealthy habits. Foot pain does not come from a lack of medications, medical interventions, surgery and treatments to escape the pain. Most foot pain comes from choices about our fitness, footwear, lifestyle, and nutrition. Here are some of the leading causes of foot pain and problems:
- Alignment and posture are major contributors to foot pain.
- Foot surgery and improper orthotics cause many feet problems. Surgery is seldom the solution to foot pain.
- Lack of exercise and too much sitting can result in weak feet, hips, and legs and thus lead to foot pain.
- Improper foot alignment and gait can lead to foot problems. The majority of people are out of alignment and walk in an unnatural fashion.
- Not going barefoot enough is a major problem these days. Our feet are designed for a wide variety of movements and positions but rarely get the full range of motion they are designed for.
- Poor nutrition can result in foot pain. When people have diabetes, gout or excess weight it often results in significant foot pain.
- Running on hard surfaces with an incorrect stride often leads to feet and knee problems. Shoes that are poorly designed are a major problem.
- Heels and wedges often lead to feet, ankle, knee, hip and back pain. Shoes that are poorly made can lead to big problems. Cheap flip flops and materials wear out and do not provide adequate foot support.
- Shoes that are not properly sized for your feet often create issues. Shoes that cannot be adjusted and are too tight are a big problem. Socks and stockings can be another problem contributing to foot pain.
- Wearing shoes all day long is a major cause for feet to become weak and dysfunctional.
Fast Fixes for Pain-Free Feet
To reverse and stop debilitating foot pain and suffering we must stop things that cause these issues. It is self-evident that the most significant causes of chronic foot pain are lack of maintenance, poor nutrition and proper conditioning for our feet and bodies well being. We must learn activities that align, build, maintain and train our feet.
Avoid lifestyle choices that can lead to diseases like Alzheimer’s, dementia, diabetes, gout, heart disease, high blood pressure, Parkinson’s, and stroke which are related to a decline in physical mobility and walking.
Buy quality shoes that are well designed and employ engineering and ergonomics. Avoid heels, pointed toes, and tight shoes. Consider good insoles and orthotics to help support your feet. Consider checking out ALine.
Exercise and fitness are vital for foot health and being pain-free. Focus on stable and strong bones, cartilage, joints, muscles, and tendons to prevent accidents, injuries, and pain. Condition the body, brain and nervous system to maintain: agility, alignment, balance, coordination, flexibility, mobility, power, stamina, strength, and tone. Check out Brian Bradley for pain-free tips at Egoscue.
Prevent diabetes and obesity which are major contributors to foot pain and suffering. These put tremendous strain and stress on the entire body especially the back, hips, joints, knees, neck, and spine.
Proper alignment and posture prevent misalignment, pain, problems, stress, and tension. We must maintain good and proper alignment and posture. Make better choices to avoid injuries which account for much of the foot pain and suffering.
Proper nutrition is a major way to prevent pain and suffering. When you give the body what it needs it can maintain and repair itself. Consume enough alkalizing berries, fruits, greens, herbs, nuts, plants, roots, seeds, veggies and weeds to prevent being sad, sick stressed and suffering and maintain your body and brain for optimal health.
Seek diagnostic help from highly trained functional therapists like Egoscue clinics to receive the help you need. Here are some great Pete Egoscue Pain-Free videos to help you understand the benefits of proper alignment and physical therapy. Pain-Free by Pete Egoscue – is a great book for learning how to be pain-free naturally. Are you ready to change your old habits for some new and empowering ones? The goal of this post is to educate and inform readers with a summary of proven simple steps to help your feet. Which ones will you implement to be pain-free?
Healthy Products for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hours of research down to two minutes of education, information and inspiration for a healthy lifestyle and mindset. Remember … Being in pain or pain-free comes from our beliefs and choices…so make your feet a top priority or you may suffer the consequences for the rest of your life.
Next Morningstar NEWS Blog
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers, and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.