How do you feel about the current year coming to an end soon? How excited are you about the New Year ahead? Many people seem to be straining, stressing and struggling with their level of happiness and health even when they want a happy holiday season to feel excited and thankful for. When would now be a great time to reflect on what went well and what else we can do moving forward into the new year to bring more of that positive energy back into our life? At the end of the year is a great time to remember, recommit and refocus on healthy habits and habitats that will help us maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit all year round. When people realign with their higher passion, principles and purpose in life it is easier to create more abundance, happiness and prosperity.
When is the last time you scheduled priority think time to do creative planning, problem solving and productive thinking? Scheduling “Thinking Time” is a great strategy that Keith Cunningham shares to help people deal with the chaotic, frantic and hectic lifestyles causing many of us to be less productive and resourceful. To set your self up for the New Year and New You it makes sense to schedule thinking time on your calendar and then keep that important appointment. Sunday can be a great day to set aside time at the beginning of the week to contemplate, think and visualize what is working well and what is not working well yet.
Tips to Transition to Thinking Time
We all act, react and think better when we establish great habits and habitats that constantly retrain our body and brain. Here are some suggestions to help create some Mastery Action Plans for improving and inspiring the New Year. Start by finding a tranquil place that is conducive to quieting your mind and tuning into your inner wisdom. Begin with some thought provoking reading and questioning about your over all level of happiness, harmony and health. Ask your higher spirit to offer insights and intuition to guide you on a path of transformation and truth. Think of the meaningful memories and magic moments that occurred over the last year and give thanks. Then think of the bumps, bruises and life lessons learned during the year. Take a moment to appreciate what is working well right now and what can benefit from some timely tune ups. Next start to feel, hear, know and see what you would like to improve and modify for the New Year ahead. By first focusing on what we are doing well we activate our appreciation and gratitude and then we can use that empowering energy to activate our ability and energy to manifest even more of what we deserve and desire. Remember to integrate and visualize even more by planting the following seeds for guidance, insights and wisdom for the future plans.
- Balance between the body, mind and spirit aspects of our daily life is very important. Any area out of balance affects all other areas of our life.
- Behaviors are based on our beliefs, emotions, experiences, needs, rules and values. By making a decision we can change our desire and focus and then change our outcomes.
- Bucket Lists are a great way to plant seeds for our future magic moments and visualize what we want to do, where we want to go and why.
- Emotions are determined by how we respond to various situations and stimulus based on our past conditioning and experiences. We are able to change how we respond once we understand the past conditioning and then implement a mastery action plan to retrain our brain on how we want to respond.
- Habits are the result of our behaviors and conditioning which results in us creating and following patterns.
- Habitat has a big influence on our behaviors, emotions and thinking. When we are in an inspiring, positive and supportive environment we are more likely to manifest our dreams. When we are in a disempowering, negative and toxic environment we are more likely to muddle our dreams.
- Language is how we communicate with others and our self. Our external and internal language is way more powerful than we realize at determining our decisions and destiny.
- Mindset and our state of mind are the driving force that determine our results. With a positive mindset and outlook we can do anything we set our mind to.
- Nutrition is the fuel that provides the energy and nutrients to operate our body, mind and spirit for peak performance. When things are not going well look at how you are treating your temple. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” is a powerful prescription from Hippocrates the father of medicine.
- Operating System (OS) is the system of thinking that has been programmed into our conscious and mind. If your OS is outdated then it is time to update and upgrade it.
- Peers are a major factor in influencing who we become. Remember…Choose your peers wisely.
- Programming of our mind can happen from many sources in many ways. Be careful to guard the gates to your mind to prevent damaging and harmful programming from being imprinted without your best interest in mind.
- Rituals and routines are the actions, beliefs and behaviors we engage in on a regular basis. Conditioning and discipline are key to establishing more empowering rituals and routines.
- Sleep is a vital part of the rest, recovery and rejuvenation process. If you are not getting enough quality sleep it will self sabotage your results.
- Values are the key traits and treasures we value in life and move either away from or towards. It is important to identify our values and visions to determine the hierarchy and level of priorities in life. With a clear priority list of values we create a road map for the future.
- Vision Boards, Life Maps and Treasure Maps are great ways to create an inspiring visual representation of many goals, ideas and thoughts to help remind us of what is most important in our life and why. While I have done, talked about and written about Life Maps and Vision Boards for over two decades there is a new technology for creating them. Pinterest is an easy, efficient and fast way to create a Vision Board that can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation. Here is My Vision Board being created on Pinterest.
Our blog shares simple smart strategies and suggestions to help people embrace ideas like Meditation, Mindfulness and Thinking Time to help improve the quality of life for people and the planet in the new year. As we discover the real long term cost created by our self sabotaging strain, stress and struggles we begin to realize the urgency to embrace more Thinking Time to discover the wealth of wisdom available to make life better for all people and the planet simultaneously. Reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is another great way to prime or mind for positive progress and transformation.
Healthy Habits & Habitats
In 2017 Morningstar NEWS has focused 50% on Healthy Habits and 50% on Healthy Habitats and Sustainable Systems. As we research and role model proven principles for a better future we are eager to share the wisdom we find. Our vision is attracting a wide variety of conscious and passionate people to help design, develop, build and live in our eco friendly and sustainable community and other transition towns. We invite ideas, insights and inspiration to help us focus our planning and progress. Sharing solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems will help all of us design and develop better eco communities.
Where is Your Gap?
What actions, behaviors, beliefs and decisions regarding your habits and habitats are impacting your happiness and health? What will it take to make better choices to avoid the health hazards and adopt healthy habits? Investing in regularly scheduled Thinking Time could provide a wealth of information and insights that yields great long term value. A small investment of energy, money and time consistently focused on being happy, healthy and holistic will help you discover a more sustainable ecological, economical and environmental lifestyle
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
Our daily habits and habitats impact our happiness and health. There is a wealth of wisdom showing the benefits of meditation, mindfulness and Thinking Time for a happy and healthy life. What are you willing to do to embrace better choices in 2018? Creating a healthy habitat code of conduct and mastery action plans will enhance the quality of life now and in the future. We cannot sustain our happiness and health without healthy challenges, changes and choices. Are you ready to de-clutter, detox and down size to a more modern, modest and modular lifestyle based on a model that focuses on being more renewable and sustainable in 2018?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding healthy habits and habitats? Are you ready to learn more and join our terrific team?
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS website. Thanks for your helpful support.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
7 Habits for Happy & Healthy 2018
Leave a Reply