The previous Great NEWS post started 2014 with New Year, New You Part 1: Mind Magic and today is Part 2 Body Beautiful. How many times have you started a New Year with great hopes and intentions for life to be better and more fulfilling, only to be disappointed when your New Year’s resolutions ran in to roadblocks? If you are you open to some new solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to maximize your potential for success this year read on for great news. Welcome to Great NEWS in 2014 with New Year, New You Part 2: Body Beautiful. This is a long one because it is key to everything else in your life so be ready for lots of expert Great NEWS Coaching.
Dedicating the first 8 weeks of 2014 to maximizing the 8 key areas in your wheel of life will greatly influence your prospects for being happy, healthy and in harmony in the New Year. Each week of this 8 part series will focus on different principles for the 8 key areas in your wheel of life. Get ready for simple suggestions to be smarter by tapping into your conscious and unconscious mind for more effective and efficient ways to accomplish more with less effort.
When you commit to the fundamentals for 8 weeks you devote 56 days to action, progress and reinforcement that will help you create new behaviors, beliefs and habits for peak performance. By focusing your effort and energy on one key area of your life each week you set yourself up to be even more fulfilled and successful for life. When you decide and commit to immerse yourself in emotional, mental, physical and spiritual training you plant the seeds for success. You will receive big benefits to your happiness and health when you discover the magic moments in the method.
The universe leaves clever clues, hidden hints, imbedded insights and subtle suggestions every day to help you be even more happy, healthy and in harmony. Are you feeling, hearing and seeing them? We all face various challenges and choices each day that move us closer towards or further away from our dreams and goals. One simple strategy is to stop making dumb choices and start making more SMART choices.
Emotional, mental, physical and spiritual mastery depends on your identity and vision for being happy and healthy so choose wisely were you invest your energy, money and time. Most people waste too much time majoring in minor minutia and small stuff. When you focus on the big and important stuff you multiply your chances for success. We each have “one key action, step or thing” that needs our undivided attention and courage to make the most difference in helping us transform our life from where we are now to where we deserve to be now.
Better Body Basics
This long post contains simple and subtle solutions, strategies and suggestions. To move away from pain and move towards pleasure we must make better choices. When you condition, feed and fuel your body with what it needs it can perform magic miracles. Training your body to be happy, healthy and in harmony will yield a better body and big benefits. Remember the quality of life you enjoy long term is largely dependent on the affirming activities, essential nutrients and raw materials you supply to the one body you have for life.
Our beliefs, choices and decisions determine how we treat our body each day so choose wisely. Your feelings, food and fuel each day will either pull you toward being happy, healthy and in harmony or push you towards being sad, sick and stressed. Most of us have heard that our body is the temple and transportation for our mind and spirit. Yet how many people think clearly how their actions and choices will keep their body beautiful and becoming versus sad and sick?
Your body can do magic and miracles when you commit to doing your part with great food, fitness and fuel. Most people treat their car better than their body. People provide quality fuel, maintenance and parts to keep their vehicle is top running condition for an average life of 10 – 15 years. Yet their one and only body needed for up to 80+ years is often abused, confused and misused more often than not.
When people are dealing with their emotional, mental, physical, relationship and spiritual upsets they often allow even more unresourceful behaviors and beliefs to contribute to damaging actions. Many people turn to addictions and excessive indulgence in alcohol, caffeine, drugs, fake, fast and junk foods, medications, overeating, sitting or sugar which drains the body’s energy and enthusiasm for life. When you consistently allow negative influences to control your life you are doomed to a life of being sad, sick and stressed.
When you learn to take back control of your emotional state of being and pull your owns strings and push your own buttons you have the life you deserve and desire. While we may feel and look like an adult on the outside most of us are behaving like children trying to satisfy unresolved emotional hurts and issues on the inside.
Stop Bashing Your Body
- Avoid body care products with synthetic and toxic chemicals like after shave, cologne, conditioner, lotion, perfume, shampoo, soap and sunscreens.
- Avoid cosmetics with harmful chemicals and toxins.
- Accidents are one of the leading causes of death, disability and long duration mental and physical damage. Cell phone babble, texting while driving and not wearing a helmet or seat belts are risky behaviors that can harm or kill you and maybe even others.
- Cosmetic surgery enhancements have become an embarrassing epidemic in the US and other developed countries. Ironically the result people are looking for is usually doomed to fail because messing with what your divine creator and Mother Nature created goes against the belief you are special and unique. Once you have the false belief you are not attractive enough, beautiful enough, good enough or physically enough you buy into the false illusion that you are only as good as how you look not on the unique brain, heart, soul or spiritual being that you really are. You are condemning yourself to the ultimate insult and pain in that you do not even love yourself, so how will anyone else be able to love you either.
- There are tens of thousands of harmful synthetic chemicals and many heavy metals that are polluting our air, food, homes, soil and water.
- Energy drinks, pasteurized and processed fruit juices and sodas are some of the worst beverages adults and children consume. Those with artificial sweeteners and High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) are even worse for you.
- Dehydration is a major problem for most people. Drinking ice cold drinks any time and especially with a meal is a serious issue because it dilutes stomach acid and shuts down the digestive fire and digestion process.
- Fake foods, fast foods and junk foods are highly processed and refined foods that are devoid of nutrient dense whole foods. They are typically loaded with artificial additives, artificial sweeteners, colorings, dyes, flavor enhancers, HFCS, preservatives, sugar and table salt. Avoid pasteurized products and harmful cooking methods like frying and high temperature cooking. The valuable natural nutrition is destroyed by the high heat and processing.
- Fluoride is a toxic chemical that is added to drinking water, mouthwash and toothpaste under the deceptive disguise of being beneficial. After you read the warnings on toothpaste and articles about fluoride poisoning you will discover why you must stop using any toxic fluoride.
- Sitting still for more than 30 minutes at a time is unhealthy and unnatural. We are designed to be physically active and mobile all day long.
- Confined Animal Feedlot Operations (CAFO) use excessive synthetic antibiotics, Genetically Engineered (GE) crops, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s), hormones and non natural foods to animals confined in inhumane conditions. This toxic environment is detrimental to the animals which are sick and stressed and this is what you end up consuming. Remember you are what you eat.
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s) are also showing up in your foods at fast food chains, grocery stores and restaurants.
- Electro Magnetic Frequencies (EMF) pollution is a growing and serious health hazard. Cell phones, cordless phones and electronic devices close to the head emit EMF’s that can harm your brain. Micro waves are another major contributor to EMF pollution so avoid eating foods prepared in a microwave oven.
- Prescription and Over The Counter (OTC) medicines all have harmful side effects many of them worse than the minimal benefit you may temporarily receive from using them. They are also expensive.
- Avoid the toxic poisons used by commercial agriculture industry to grow the foods you consume such as: fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides.
- Depleted uranium, radiation exposure and radioactive waste are serious threats to your long and short term health. Nuclear power plants and nuclear weapons are one of the greatest risks to human survival.
- Sleep deprivation is a major epidemic and harming hundreds of millions of people.
- Refined High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and sugar are two of the most addictive and harmful products for your health and well being.
- Chronic and excessive stress robs you of a quality life and leads to a deterioration in your happiness and health.
- Excessive refined carbohydrates in the form of: bagels, biscuits, cereals, muffins, pancakes, pasta, pizza, white bread, white flour white potatoes and white rice are causing massive health and weight issues.
- Modern medical procedures such as chemotherapy, radiation and surgery are at an all time high and causing massive harm to peoples finances, health and well being long and short term. The risk of complications, infection and permanent damage are much higher than people realize and there are hundreds of alternative, complementary and holistic health procedures and protocol’s that should be tried first. Back surgery is very risky and most of the time does not fix the problem. Cesarean births are risky. Cosmetic surgery is an expensive and high risk procedure that can have major negative consequences over the long term. Prevention is the best medicine.
Start Building Body Beautiful
- Use natural body care products with natural and non toxic ingredients. Find natural and organic products using aloe vera, baking soda, calcium bentonite clay, essential oils, flower essences, food grade oils (coco butter, coconut, jojoba, sesame), herbs, pure castile soap, sea salt, spices,
- Only use cosmetics and skin care products made with natural products and that avoid animal testing.
- Avoid, minimize and prevent accidents by using protective clothing, gear, helmets and seat belts. Limit cell phone talking to a minimum and no texting since you only have one body and one life.
- Learn to accept and love yourself as you are. You are a unique gift of God and perfect the way you are. Yes there are a few exceptions where due to accidents or birth defects and issues someone is disfigured and can benefit from corrective cosmetic surgery. This is very different from elective cosmetic surgery where a person wants a boob job, chin lift, face lift or tummy tuck which is unnecessary but performed for vanity.
- There are many natural cleaners, compounds and solvents that can be used instead of harmful synthetic chemicals. Clean the harmful products out of the garage and house to avoid polluting your air, food, home, soil and water.
- Enjoy breath training, breath walking and deep diaphragm breathing for optimal oxygen each day.
- Focus on high quality hydration and water every day. The body is designed to maintain at least 70% water and begins to malfunction when you are dehydrated. Drink water instead of expensive unhealthy substitutes which actually dehydrate and harm you. Add some fresh lemon or lime to water and a pinch of sea salt. If you want it to taste a bit sweeter until your taste buds adjust add some honey or stevia. Healthy hydration is one of the best and easiest things you can do to improve your emotions, energy, health, immune system, mental clarity and resilience. Drink water at room temperature or warmed up for herbal teas. Drink warm water as soon as you wake up and consume at least 12 ounces 30 minutes before a meal so it does not dilutes your stomach acid and shut down the digestive fire and digestion process.
- Your body needs the right essential elements and important ingredients. Feed your body and brain the essential fats, oils and nutrient dense organic whole foods for peak performance. Consume these whole foods in their natural state. Use natural sea salt, seasonings and spices to enhance the flavors. Eat at least 50% of your foods cultured, fermented and raw. Remember that raw whole foods have more beneficial antioxidants, enzymes, fiber, minerals, phyto nutrients, trace elements and vitamins than cooked foods where they are destroyed by the high heat, micro waves and processing. Synthetic substances and vitamins are very disruptive to your health and mental vitality.
- Use bicarbonate of soda and calcium bentonite clay to help neutralize harmful chemicals in your food, home and water.
Body Beautiful Basics
Commit to a daily schedule of exercise and fitness. Avoid sitting still for more than 30 minutes at a time without getting up to do chair yoga, rebound, stretch or walk. We are designed to be physically active and mobile all day long. Our bodies need a combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercise to stay aligned, fit and healthy. Develop a daily routine that includes agility, Brain Gym, conditioning, exercise, flexibility, resilience, stability, walking and weight training. A better body helps create a magnificent mind. Alignment and posture are vital to your health and well being so get help in these key areas.
Be sure to consume only free range and organic animal products. You want your foods that come from animals to be fed natural foods in healthy and humane conditions. The environment, food and treatment affect the quality of your food so choose wisely. Remember you are what you eat. Avoid farm raised fish and choose wild caught sustainable. The smaller fish like anchovies, sardines, herring and mackerel are healthier than the larger fish like swordfish and blue fin tuna which contain more mercury. Squid is a great choice.
Decide and demand to buy, eat and support Organic berries, fruits, nuts, roots, seeds and vegetables over GMO versions.
There are numerous things you can do to minimize your exposure to Electro Magnetic Frequencies (EMF) pollution. Avoid living near cell phone transmission devices and cell towers. Keep cell phones, cordless phones and electronic devices away from your head. Use speaker phone mode or an ear piece with your cell phone. Avoid using micro wave ovens. Use a Ethernet connection for your computer. Minimize your exposure to WiFi devices. Use a grounding pad or wire system so ground yourself from EMF. Keep EMF emitting devices away from babies and small children.
Look for natural and safe health modalities like: colon hydrotherapy, essential oils, flower essence, herbal remedies, magnetic therapy, massage, reflexology, reiki, and holistic health techniques to maintain your health and well being.
There are many ways to apply natural, organic, permaculture, renewable and sustainable food growing practices to large and small scale farming systems. By using non tilling, permaculture design and symbiotic planting techniques we can create amazing food forests that yield healthy foods all year long. We need to relearn how to utilize wild food like cactus, dandelions, herbs, kelp, krill, mushrooms, nettles, sea weeds, tubers and more.
We can reinvent the agriculture industry to grow the nutrient dense organic whole foods we need and want. We can use small gardens and larger systems that integrate a wide variety of coexisting ecosystems. Using inter-cooperative systems and sustainable technology combined with aquaponics, chickens, composting, ducks, essential oils, fish, flowers, herbs, hydroponics, neem, nettles, organic tea fertilizers, ponds, rabbits, rock dust, rooftop gardens, sea salt minerals, sprouting, trees, trellises, vertical gardens, vines and much more we can recreate the Garden of Eden.
Replacing nuclear power plants with renewable energy is the only choice if we are to survive long term. We must also identify and invent non nuclear medical technology to reduce our exposure to harmful nuclear machines and medicines. Radiation is damaging to our cells and DNA and increase the risk for cancer and disease.
Sleep is one of our most important functions. This is where the body completes cleansing, detoxing, digestion, rejuvenation, repair and rest our body and brain needs to be healthy. The lunar and solar cycles influence our biorhythms which translates into being asleep by 10:00 and up around 5:00 to 6:00 for optimal health. Our body and mind needs a dark, quiet and safe place to go through the necessary cycles of optimal sleep for peak performance.
Eliminating refined artificial sweeteners, High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and sugar with natural products like honey, stevia or lucuma is one of the most important steps your protecting your health and well being.
Establish a daily practice of meditation, prayer and yoga to keep your mind centered, grounded and at peace. Learning meditation and yoga are two of the best things you can do to reduce your stress. Short term stress reduces your ability to be happy and joyful and long term stress robs you of your happiness and health. Chronic stress is believed to cause at least 80% of all disease and health issues.
Replace refined carbohydrates with natural and nutrient dense whole foods. Whole foods means as close to how the food appears in nature when harvested from: bushes, plants, trees, underground, vines. Top choices include algae, beans, berries, cactus, fruits, grains (whole and soaked or cultured see list), green plants, herbs, legumes, mushrooms, nuts, roots, seeds, tubers, vegetables, sea weeds and wild foods. (Good grains and seeds – amaranth, chia and quiona are good examples. Choose brown rice, black rice, red rice, wild rice, Kamut, Einkorn, Emmer, Farro, buckwheat and millet). When you learn to eat well you will see health and weight issues vanish.
Accessing ancient forms of diagnosis and medical procedures such as Acupuncture, Ayurveda, Essential oils, Hydrotherapy, Massage, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Qi Gong, Reflexology, Saunas, Solariums, Spas and Sun bathing are great ways to naturally improve and maintain your health. They are less expensive, harmful and invasive while at the same time protecting people’s finances, health and well being. The risk of complications, infection and permanent damage are much lower than people realize and there are hundreds of alternative, complementary and holistic health procedures and protocol’s that are effective and efficient. Prevention is the best medicine. Hippocrates the “Father of Medicine” said “Let your food be thy medicine and your medicine be thy food”.
Invest the time to review your Mission, Values, Vision, Rules and Goals. When you send out clear messages and signals the universe will understand and help support you. Look at your Vision Board regularly to keep your body and mind focused and moving towards your goals and outcomes.
Discover the benefits of emotional mastery and Energy Psychology. Programs like Conscious Communications, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) tapping, Heart Math, Mindfulness, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Oneness Blessing, Qi Gong, Timeline Therapy and Zen are very valuable resources. Condition yourself to use affirming beliefs, language and thinking on a consistent basis each day.
Pamper the body and nourish the mind with adequate quality relaxation, rejuvenation and deep sleep. Develop a routine of acupressure, acupuncture, cleansing, chiropractic care, detoxing, grounding, magnets, massage, rebounding, reflexology and reiki. Spend time in nature and be sure to enjoy the health benefits of sunshine regularly.
Laugh, learn, live, love, smile and be happy each day.
When you consistently eat, energize and exercise for optimal body health you create a strong foundation for all the other areas of your life which depend on your energy, health and well being. When we focus our attention and intention on laughing, learning, living, loving and leaving a legacy the universe aligns to make it easier for you to be happy and healthy.
All of these factors have a big impact on your mental and physical abilities and state of being each day. This quick checklist will help you move away from being sad, sick and stressed and towards being happy, healthy and in harmony each day. Commit to implement as many of these suggestions and strategies as possible and watch the magic moments occur even more frequently in your life.
This Great NEWS post shares the New Year, New You Part 2: Body Beautiful. Now you have even more small steps and smart suggestions to help you. This Part 2: Body Beautiful post is shared to help you better deal with the challenges and choices that will determine how you act, feel and look long term and short term. Remember you control your destiny by the decisions you make each day…so choose wisely for peak performance.
What is your current Gap?
How well are you feeding, nourishing and protecting your body?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
What action plans will help you develop and discover more of your physical potential? What helpful ideas have you discovered?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns do you have for accessing more of your physical abilities?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
New Year, New You Part 3: Spiritual Steps
Leave a Reply