Last week the Great NEWS Letter covered the Perfect Health for Infants and this week you will cover specific strategies for Perfect Health for Toddlers. This is an ongoing part of the Perfect Health Mastery series for creating happier and healthier families.
As children go from infants to toddlers a whole new dimension takes place. This Perfect Health for Toddlers article provides simple strategies and suggestions for moms to deal with rapid changes in their children.
Moms and toddlers continue to experience significant emotional, mental and physical changes as the pace rapidly escalates and the toddler is often constantly on the go. No longer is the child totally dependent on mom for everything. Now they go from being basically stationary to being much more vocal and mobile. Mom goes from being mostly in control to what may feel like a lack of any control.
It is very important at this stage for mom to eat very well to take care of herself to fully recover and maintain energy levels. It is also key to set the stage for the weaning and transition from infant to toddler with more traditional foods. She must be sure to receive the optimal foods, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, trace elements and vitamins her body needs for full repair and recovery.
As we discussed before the best food in the world for infants is its own mother’s milk so mom is still eating for herself and the child while nursing. At some point the infant / toddler may begin to consume extra water and or simple foods as needed for hydration and nourishment. Previously we mentioned a minimum of 6 months nursing up to a year or longer as they become toddlers.
It is important to find the optimal balance for breastfeeding and them weaning to provide the best nutrition and immune support for the child. With this great start these infants may be happier, healthier and even smarter in the long run than those that do not have this opportunity.
Mom will benefit as she insures the best health and nutrition option with her child and the bonding time has great long lasting benefits for the child. A happier and healthier toddler helps make it much easier on mom and dad.
Creating Healthy Toddler Meals
As they become toddlers it is essential you have a plan in place for your meals, snacks and treats for yourself and toddler. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying about a toddler is a little monkey see and monkey do meaning they will copy what you say and do. This is when it is imperative you have a strategy, suggestions and system in place. If you let things get out of synchronization it can be much more challenging to turn them around again.
Just like with infant foods there is significant advertising and marketing directed at parents, grandparents and toddlers regarding what to feed them.
Let the toddler have some say in the choices and timing as long as they meet the healthy, nutritious and nutrient dense whole food sources that best meet their rapidly growing body and mind.
This is an important time for the family, friends and fans to come together and support the parent’s wishes for the best long term interest of the toddler. Having been through the ups and downs raising three children one of the biggest issues was feeding them healthy and asking others to support the process. There are so many challenges raising toddlers and children the last thing you need or want is anyone sabotaging your efforts behind your back. Many changes during the last 100 years have now become common mistakes programmed into our thinking.
The following offer some key decisions to make that will play a key role in your toddler’s development and enjoyment around eating habits and healthy food choices.
Best Foods for Toddlers
- Allow the toddler to wean and transition to more traditional foods when things work out that way. Avocado, fruits, hummus, guacamole, soups, veggies, nut butters, quiona, beans, smoothies, and seed pates all work well. Variety is the spice of life.
- Eating habits, family meals and healthy foods are key to the happiness, health and harmony of the toddler and family now and in the future.
- Avoid all juices because many of them are not natural and they are too much concentrated sugar which conditions the toddler to be addicted to sugar.
- Avoid the foods that are most responsible for allergy problems such as pasteurized dairy, soy formula, peanut butters, wheat,
- For parents that have already have children it is important to realize the lessons learned and missteps made on the path of parenting and change your approach to food choices and meals.
- Moms and dads must be extremely careful to buy and eat the best foods for your self because the toddlers are watching and learning from what you do rather than what you say.
- Fast foods and junk foods are harmful and lead to many problems for adults and even children. This can easily predisposition them to major problems in the future as well.
- Avoid any foods made with synthetic or GMO ingredients. This also includes harmful additives, colorings, flavorings and preservatives. Besides being unhealthy these compounds will end up in the infant from breast feeding.
- Be sure you and your toddler eats lots of unprocessed and uncooked foods with lots of enzymes, minerals, nutrients, trace elements and vitamins.
- Fiber and probiotics are very important for parents and toddlers alike to avoid problems with constipation.
- Avoid any fried, processed and sweetened foods early on like biscuits, bread, cakes, cookies, candy, cereals, corn chips, French fried potatoes and ketchup, pancakes, pasta, syrups and jellies since these have low nutritional value and excess sugar.
- Stay away for any energy or flavored drinks and all sodas.
- Remember to focus on learning as much as you can about vaccinations and the ingredients they contain. This continues to be one of the most important areas for parents in order to insure the safety of their toddlers. Follow the money trail and you will se why there is incredible pressure from doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies promoting these.
- Consuming adequate amounts of fresh nutrient dense organic whole foods with minimal heating and your toddler will get everything it needs.
- Also be sure to focus on safety at all times. Use childproof latches, electric outlet plugs and seat belts. Put dangerous chemicals, cleaners and similar products in a secure location. Keep sharp objects and dangerous cables and cords away from the reach of curious toddlers. You can never be too safe with your terrific toddler.
- Treat them as little adults and communicate openly, honestly, directly and kindly. Remember they will be teens and then adults soon enough so treat them with love and respect and watch what happens. They are sent here to teach parents many great and valuable lessons when we open to their amazing ways and world.
To create perfect health for toddlers the dads, moms and family must work together and be a shining example and make great choices. Toddlers are like little sponges soaking up what you do, eat and say so make your life easier and their life happier and healthier by setting a great example. It is part of the circle of life that what you do and say comes around to reward you or remind you about the importance of making great choices. Perfect health for toddler starts with parents focusing on their own health first and be great role models.
Mastery Action Plan
Dr. Campbell-McBride has found a close connection between abnormal gut flora and abnormal brain development she calls Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) which would be valuable reading.
To read, click > How Solid Foods Keep Babies Healthy
Our next blog post will share: Perfect Health for Dads
Also check out the new Great News Perfect Health Facebook Fan page if you have not “Liked” it already please do.
My goal is to reach 5 thousand people in 5 months and with your help I see, hear and feel it happening effortlessly.
Our next blog post will share: Perfect Health for Dads