The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in the A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards that are affecting our health and quality of life.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my own health and that of my family and clients. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even greater numbers of health challenges this series of posts seemed the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least amount of time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are feeling sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors, beliefs and habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro-Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. It seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to help preserve and protect our health. The upcoming blog posts will be written in and A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information that has emerged over the last few decades to minimize health hazards and maximize helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being..
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the wolves in sheep skins which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell you fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take your money and leave you with the sad consequences. and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “C” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Communications with others and our self are the fabric that helps hold us together or contributes to us falling apart. When we have good communications life is easy, effective, efficient and exciting. When we allow our external and internal communications to deteriorate we begin to experience even less fulfillment, fun, happiness, health and joy. It is important to focus on conscious communications. Dr. Marshall Rosenberg shares some great insights for great communications in his book.
- Vitamin C is essential for health. Consume therapeutic levels above the minimum daily suggested dosage. Vitamin C is found in many fruits like kumquats, lemons, limes, grapefruits, oranges, tangerines, being deficient in Vitamin C can result in health challenges and disease. Vitamin C taken at therapeutic dosages has been found to be very beneficial to protect us against common colds and flu.
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, mustard greens, and water cress are very healthy and help protect us from various health issues.
- Cantaloupe, carrots and cucumbers are also excellent choices.
- Cactus is a great food and medicinal plant with many beneficial nutrients and fiber. Prickly pear flowers, fruit and pads are delicious and nutritious. Both the fruit and pads of the prickly pear cactus are rich in soluble fibers which are slowly absorbed and are believed to help keep blood sugar stable.
- Coffee enemas are especially beneficial for cleansing the colon and liver. This protocol was in the Medical Merck Manual for many years and is now absent. Maybe it worked too well? Bowel management and colon cleansing has been promoted by Ann Wigmore, Bernard Jensen D.C., Ph.D., Dr Norman W. Walker and many other holistic health practitioners.
- Cayenne, cinnamon, clove, clover, comfrey and chamomile are powerful medicinal herbs and plants.
- Cannabis and cannabinoid oil (CBD oil) have a long history of medicinal uses and benefits. Hemp flowers, leaves, oil and seeds have been used for centuries as food and medicinal products. Hemp is also used for cloth, clothing, construction, paper, plastics and much more.
- Chia seeds are an incredible superfood that can be consumed everyday. They are the perfect blend of carbohydrate, fat and protein.
- Cleansing our system with each season is very beneficial. Several days of consuming little or no food while consuming a cleansing drink like the Master Cleanse can be very therapeutic for the digestive track and elimination system. Master Cleanse recipe is cayenne pepper, lemon juice, maple syrup and water. The Morningstar Cleanse is even more potent with apple cider vinegar, baking soda, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, clove, ginger, green super powder with MSM, lemon or lime juice, moringa, raw honey, sea salt and water.
- Coconut and coconut oil are two of the best superfoods on the planet. The majority of people would be well served to consume some coconut oil or coconut foods.
- Clover is a beneficial plant and medicinal herb.
- Castor oil is a great remedy with many benefits for external and internal use. The Oil That Heals by Dr. William A. McGarey shares great details about the many benefits of castor oil. Edgar Cayce used castor oil for many remedies.
- Calcium bentonite clay has been found to be a fantastic remedy for dealing with external and internal issues such as acne, blackheads, bug bites, diarrhea, facials, food poisoning, insect stings, poison ivy, poison oak, rashes and skin irritations.
- Calcium carbonate supplements are actually harmful to your health and a waste of money. Calcium from oyster shells and other marine organisms is not bio-available. We can get all the calcium we need from green plants. Cows get all the calcium then need from green plants. BTW the calcium in milk comes with a host of health hazards included and is not a good source. The people in countries that consume the most milk have the most osteoporosis and other chronic diseases. Check the facts and you will be shocked to learn about the health issues from consuming pasteurized and processed dairy products.
- Chlorophyll is the complex compound in green plants that make them green. It allows a plant to convert sunlight into plant energy and material. It is almost identical to hemoglobin in structure and superb for alkalizing and energizing our body and health. This is definitely something to consume adequate amounts of to help insure peak performance and perfect health.
- Chaga and cordyceps medicinal mushrooms are well documented to be very beneficial antioxidants and supportive for a wide range of health issues.
- Curcumin is a super potent herbal medicine spice with many proven health and nutrition benefits.
- Cats Claw is an Amazon herb with many health benefits.
- Chyawanprash is an herbal jam long used in Ayurveda medicine in India. It contains a combination of amalaki, clove, ghee, gooseberry, sesame and other herbs.
- Chanting is a very profound method for enhancing our emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health. It has been used for thousands of years and offers a unique method of entrainment, synchronizing and tuning in to a higher awareness and vibration,
- Cell phones are a serious health hazards for many reasons. Driving or walking while talking has been shown to distract our attention and focus which impairs our ability and agility. This is dangerous to you and those around you. Holding a cell phone near your ear has been found to expose your brain to harmful EMF’s that can cause brain damage and severe impairments to your central nervous system. The longer a person holds a cell phone near their ear and brain the more harmful EMF radiation they are being exposed too. The younger a person is even more at risk from EMF damage. Some people are even texting when driving or walking and this is a serious health hazard to them and others around them.
- Coaching for health, lifestyle and nutrition is very valuable to help people for accountability, create a mastery action plan, make better choices and sustain progress.
- Cellular metabolism is a key factor for people to understand. Without the proper catalysts, co factors, enzymes, fats, hormones, minerals, peptides, phyto-nutrients and vitamins we will be unable to maintain optimal health and function at peak performance.
- Circadian rhythm is the combination of the cycles of our body in conjunction with the moon, seas, seasons and sun, Everyone is impacted by these influences and our quality of life is impacted when we violate the circadian rhythm principles. It is definitely a wise investment in your health to learn about the significant of circadian rhythms on your happiness, health and longevity. Sunlight is one of the most important factors that affects our circadian rhythm and not paying attention and being synchronized to daylight is a major contributor to health challenges. Staying up late and sleeping in late can affect our hormones and health. To be healthy we need to have a regular exposure to sunlight to make Vitamin D and help in the production of serotonin and melatonin.
- Cortisol is a stress hormone and too much is causing major health issues in many people. We must all learn ways to reduce our cortisol and stress with beneficial exercise, meditation, mindfulness, nature, nutrition, Qi Gong, walking, yoga and other lifestyle strategies.
- Constipation is a serious health challenge and sign of digestive inbalance. If a person is not using their bowel at least one time a day they are constipated. Two to three times a day (after each meal) is better. Avoid using harmful laxatives and only use natural foods and food based fiber and supplements. This is a common issue and indicates your bowels are not functioning at optimal levels. Dehydration is a major contributor to constipation so more hydration is essential to keep things moving.
- Cumin also referred to as black seed is a super powerful natural medical remedy.
- Charcoal in the form of activated charcoal is great for detoxing the body and used by many doctors and emergency rooms. It can help do a deep cleanse of the colon and intestine.
- Compact Florescent Lights (CFL) have been found to have various negative impacts to our health. They are a health hazard due to the use of mercury in them. Broken CFL bulbs are a biohazard and proper disposal is a major concern not being addressed. The light they emit is unnatural and may encourage people to stay up longer when they should be sleeping.
- Crock pots are a great way to cook delicious and nutritious meals. They can save you money and time over conventional micro wave or stove meal preparation. Most crock pots are ceramic which also helps make it a better choice for cooking foods.
- COQ10 is a vitamin like compound found in every cell of the body and is sold as a dietary supplement. Be sure you buy a high quality version without synthetic components. Ubiquinol is the enhanced version for cellular energy and antioxidant protection benefits.
- Counting calories alone does not work. Calories count for more than just a measure of energy. The quality of the food that provides the calorie has a big impact on how the body will metabolize, store and utilize that calorie. Learn to chose a majority of foods that are locally grown, nutrient dense, organic and whole foods.
- Cacao and carob can both be excellent choices for nutrient dense foods. Choose fair trade and organic. Raw is better than cooked. Avoid the excess dairy and sugar that is often added.
- Cupping is a form of therapy that may have originated in China. It uses various devices to create suction to decompress tissues rather than compressing them. The device can be glass, plastic or silicon and they can remain stationary or be moved around. Several athletes at the 2016 Olympics used cupping for recovery and had marks that looked like a hickey showing.
- Crystals are frequently used to balance and protect our body’s energy and vibration. Crystals are well documented for there ability to resonate at various frequencies. The radio was invented because of the abilities of crystals to produce various frequencies. Wearing a crystal is an excellent way to protect and shield our body from harmful frequencies.
Better behaviors and habits lead to better benefits and rapid results for our body, mind and spiritual health. Are you ready to start doing more of the Helpful Stuff and stop the Harmful Stuff?
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “C” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement them.
What is your current Gap?
Are you being exposed to chemicals, synthetic compounds and toxins that are harming your body, mind and spirit? What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and lifestyle longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is also well documented that better emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a brilliant book sharing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
A to Z Health Habits – D
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.