The 2016 Great NEWS posts are dedicated to Holistic Habits to help us be happy and healthy. Recent posts have focused on the health hazards we face and the disease and distress that results. Posts in this A to Z Health Habits series will offer simple steps to prevent disease, protect against many health hazards and restore resiliency. As mentioned in previous blogs there are a wide variety of biological, ecological, immunological, neurological, pharmaceutical, physiological, psychological and toxicological health hazards affecting our health and quality of life. We must focus on healthy habits to guide our behaviors, beliefs and rituals toward emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well being.
This post in the A to Z Health Habits series offers specific solutions, strategies and suggestions which have been identified as most helpful for my health and recommended to others. Implementing these ideas have been found to help avoid, minimize and mitigate many health hazards and lifestyle issues. With the large number of people facing even more health challenges this series of posts is the most effective and efficient way to help the most people in the least time with beneficial health coaching. Think of this as the A to Z Health Habits book sharing one chapter at a time.
We must learn to identify health hazards to our body, mind and spirit and then design mastery action plans to minimize their impact to our happiness and health. We know the long list of health hazards that cause disease so it is time to focus on the solutions to prevent it. Since our environment, lifestyle and nutrition are three of the most serious factors contributing to our health these posts are dedicated to an alphabetical list of the best of the best strategies my research has discovered.
Conscious Change and Healthy Habits
Since too many people are sad, sick, stressed and struggling we must focus on new behaviors and beliefs to establish healthy habits. If the chemicals and synthetic compounds in the air, food, land and water are a health hazard we must avoid them to the best of our ability. Since we are surrounded by artificial sweeteners, chemicals, drugs, dyes, Electro-Magnetic Frequencies (EMF), fertilizers, flavorings, food coloring, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, medications, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, radiation, synthetic compounds and vaccinations that harm our health we must be vigilant. We must implement a detailed defense and protection plan that provides maximum health benefits with the minimum cost and effort.
I am frequently asked for coaching, consulting, guidance and suggestions for various health challenges and issues. Therefore it seemed logical and logistically beneficial to summarize my top super solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to share them to better preserve and protect our health. The series of blog posts written in an A to Z Health Habits listing of the best of the best ideas, insights and information. These have come to my attention over many decades to minimize health hazards while maximizing helpful holistic health habits for our emotional, mental, nutritional, physical and spiritual well being.
Prevention and Protection Prevents a Pound of Punishing Pharmaceuticals
By creating a code of conduct health habits handbook and then implementing a mastery action plan we set ourselves up for happiness, health and wellness success. Without a code of conduct to live by we will be at the mercy of the predators which prey upon the uneducated, uninformed and unfortunate. Many companies and individuals are determined to take advantage of you for their own gain, glory and greed. Big bucks and big corporations are eager to sell us fake, fast and Frankenfoods as well as pills, potions and products that take our money and leave us with the sad consequences and serious side effects.
This A to Z Health Habits series will focus on a comprehensive list of specific solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems over a wide variety of topics to enhance our harmony, happiness and health.
Helpful Happy, Harmony and Healthy Habits
Here are the “W X Y Z” list of solutions, strategies, suggestions and systems to implement for happiness, holistic health and peak performance.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t you are right. Our behaviors, beliefs, body and brain work in unison to determine our reality. When we are happy, healthy, in harmony, loving and positive life seems to reward us. When we are unhappy, unhealthy, unloving and negative life seems to conspire against us. When would now be a great time to do a “check up from the neck up” and see if our attitudes are helping or hurting us? Remember everything we come in contact with, do, drink, eat, say, see, smell, taste, think and touch directly and indirectly affects every cell in our body. Choose wisely.
- Water is essential for vibrant health. Our body is made up of approximately 75% water. Unfortunately most people are chronically dehydrated and suffer numerous health consequences as a result. Dehydration is probably one of the most serious health issues people are facing. Your Body’s Many Cries for Water by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj M. D. provides a wealth of information about health risks of dehydration and the many benefits of hydration.
- Water rich foods are vital for health and well being. Most processed, refined and packaged foods lack water which helps provide a long shelf life and are considered dead foods. Choose foods that contain a high water content.
- Water conservation must be a high priority to stop the waste of this life giving precious resource. We must each do our part to conserve water and reduce our water footprint.
- Water contamination and pollution are a major problem around the globe. We must each do our part to stop the pollution and stop wasting our waters.
- Water filters are important to remove harmful ingredients and impurities. Harmful ingredients include arsenic, chemicals, chlorine, fluoride, herbicides, lead, medicines, pathogens, pesticides, plastics, petroleum products and much more. Use a water filter or be a water filter for the water you drink.
Watermelon is delicious and nutritious. The seeds are a key part of the melon to eat. The seeds are full of minerals, nutrients and trace elements.
- Wild rice is a delicious and nutritious wild grass seed.
- Wintergreen essential oil is a powerful herbal health aid.
- Water soluble nutrients are key components for our health and vitality.
- Wheatgrass juice is very nutritious. It is a great source of chlorophyll, minerals, phyto-nutrients, trace elements and vitamins.
- Wormwood has been used as a potent herbal remedy with numerous benefits. Wormwood has been used to eliminate parasites.
- While wine is reported to have health benefits this could be negated by the consumption of excess alcohol and chemicals such as fungicides, glyphosate and sulfides in wine. If you consume wine look for wines that come from low chemical use areas or that are organic. Maybe it is the grape seed and skin that provides most of the benefits and organic grapes might be the best source of these antioxidants and phyto-nutrients.
- Wild grapes like mustang grapes have one of the highest ORAC ratings for antioxidants. Would growing some wild berries and grapes be worth the small effort?
- Wild foods contain some of the highest levels of antioxidants, enzymes, minerals, phyto-nutrients, trace elements and vitamins. When is the last time you consumed wild foods?
- We are empowered to choose and determine the biology of beliefs for our body and brain which is the foundation for our happiness, health and wealth. We are the captain of our being and must make educated, informed and wise choices about how to maintain, sustain and train our body, brain and building blocks for peak performance and pure potential.
- Whole foods are far superior to processed and refined foods. It is important to eat a wide variety of fresh local nutrient dense organic whole foods.
- We put our self at significant risk when we consume Genetically Engineered (GE) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s) which are science experiments. People and pets who eat them are acting as guinea pigs in a high risk science experiment with serious consequences.
- We are what we eat, digest and assimilate. We control what we put in our mouth and this is the key decision and foundation for our happiness and health.
- Xenoestrogens are a chemical compound that can imitate estrogen in our body. There are many synthetic xenoestorgens in the environment which can act as xenohormone and cause harm and havoc in our body. Xenoestrogens are a category of chemicals that disrupt our endocrine system by altering the normal function of hormones. Many body care products and plastics contain chemicals that disrupt our endocrine system..
- X rays are a form of radiation and are harmful to our cells, DNA and mitochondria so we should minimize our exposure to radiation. This means reducing our harmful radiation exposure from CT scans, depleted uranium, mammograms, nuclear material, Pet scans, radioactive waste and X-rays.
- Yoga is an excellent preventative and therapeutic routine we can practice for our health. A yoga practice has benefits for our emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well being that can enhance all areas of our being.
- Yarrow is a flowering herbal plant with many benefits. It is well documented as a potent herbal remedy.
- Zest is the outer portion of peel from citrus fruits like lemon, lime and orange. The zest is loaded with nutrients and vitamins.
- Zucchini is a summer squash that is delicious and nutritious. Zucchini is great for making a vegetable replacement for pasta. You can use a tool called a spiralizer that cuts the zucchini into very long and thin slices which look somewhat like pasta. Less pasta and more zucchini is a great way to reduce refined carbohydrates and eat healthier.
- Zeolite is a type of clay that has excellent health benefits. Zeolite is great for cleaning and detoxing our skin. It is also great for treating poisonous insect stings and irritating plants that harm our skin and tissues.
We intuitively understand that better behaviors, beliefs and habits lead to better benefits and rapid results for our body, mind and spiritual health. Are you ready to start doing more of the Helpful Stuff and stop the Harmful Stuff?
The Healthy Habits 2016 series is dedicated to sharing simple steps for simple and sustainable health. Our body, mind and spirit are being exposed to a harsh and harmful environment which is causing damage, degradation and destruction. The A to Z health Habits “WXYZ” simple suggestions will help stop the debilitating damage and start defending your body, mind and spirit against the excessive health hazards we are constantly exposed to. The A to Z Health Habits and Code of Conduct for Holistic Health over 26 weeks will transform your life when you decide to implement the simple strategies and suggestions.
What is your current Gap?
What limiting behaviors and beliefs are harming your happiness and health? What justification and rationalization story do you tell others and your self? Unfortunately many people are doing things they know are harming their health and trying to justify, minimize or rationalize it. Our body is the temple for our brain, heart and soul and our habits determine the future health of our body, mind and spirit. What are you doing to create a code of conduct for better behaviors, beliefs and health habits? What will it take for you to begin protecting your self from damage, degradation and destruction? Are you ready to do your part to enjoy the benefits of repairing, reversing and revitalizing your body for peak performance and loving longevity?
Mastery Action Plan (MAP)
It is well documented that better beliefs, emotions, lifestyle and nutrition are essential for maintaining our health and well being. There is a wealth of wisdom on the internet regarding the health hazards of our modern world. You will find great healthy habits information in other posts on this website to help you enjoy peak performance and perfect health. When we do our part to invest the energy, money and time to learn how to maintain and protect our body, mind and spirit we will see how a health habits code of conduct and mastery action plan will enhance our quality of life. The A to Z Health Habits series is a beneficial and brilliant book revealing one chapter at a time. Are you ready to read further for rapid results?
Call to Action
What comments, commitments or concerns come to mind regarding the many benefits of stopping the health hazards and starting the healthy habits to refresh, renew, restore and revitalize our body, mind and spirit? Are you ready to learn more and do your part to support your health?
Next week the Great NEWS blog will share:
Reducing Our Carbon Footprint in 2017
PS: Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family, fans, followers and friends will also benefit from The Great NEWS Coach. Thanks for your helpful support.