While speaking at the Raw Spirit Festival in Santa Barbara, CA it was very apparent from questions and discussions that many people need and want more information and strategies for Allergy Avoidance. It seems the majority of people are affected by various forms of allergies and many of them are not even aware of the multitude of causes and challenges that allergies represent. Nor are they aware about what they can do to easily, effectively and efficiently prevent them and protect themselves from the long term side effects.
Anyone familiar with my passion for perfect health and MichaelMorningstar.com know that my philosophy is totally focused on alternative, holistic and natural health and to avoid harmful substances and toxic treatments. Therefore this article will avoid discussing the typical toxic protocols promoted by medical personnel that are biased, educated and funded by the pharmaceutical industry and international drug companies.
Allergy Causes and Prevention
Instead the focus will be on addressing some of the major causes of annoying allergies and sharing simple strategies to prevent reactions and provide relief for various allergens. Typically people are told they are allergic to one or more of the following items:
- Chemicals from Industrial & Agriculture – benzene, formaldehyde, glues, petroleum, & fertilizers, hormones, insecticides, pesticides,
- Anesthesia – dental and medical use
- Animals (dander, fur, hair) – cats, cattle, chicken, dogs, eggs, goats, horses, rabbits, sheep, etc.
- Chemicals (external) – after shave, air freshener, baby powder, bar soap, cleaning products, cologne, dyes, flame retardants, laundry detergent, hair spray, lotions, make up, mouthwash, perfumes, shampoos, stain protector, sun screen, talc powder, etc.
- Chemicals & Food additives (internal) – alcohol, artificial colorings, artificial sweeteners, dyes, flavorings, flavor enhancers, MSG, nitrates, preservatives, processed and refined sugars,
- Dust – dirt, dust mites,
- Elements & Minerals – chlorine, iodine. lead, mercury, sodium
- Foods (internal) – animal products, chocolate, corn, dairy, eggs, fats, fish, fruits, genetically engineered and genetically modified organisms, (wheat, oats & barley) mushrooms, nuts, oils, peanuts, seeds, shellfish, soy,
- Insect bites and stings – ant, asps, bee, fleas, flies, mosquito, scorpion, spider, wasp,
- Medicines – Prescription and over the counter synthetic compounds such as antibiotics, anti-depressants, antihistamine, blood sugar, cholesterol, contraceptives, decongestants, diuretic, headache, high blood pressure, hormones, pain, sleeping pills, steroids, vaccinations, weight loss,
- Molds & spores – black mold, Candida, fungus and many other varieties
- Plants (external) – poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac,
- Pollens – bushes, flowers, grasses, trees, vegetables, vines
- Supplements & Vitamins – many of these products may contain additives, binders, colorings, fillers, glues, and synthetic compounds. Many of these products use synthetic ingredients rather than natural sources.
- Vaccinations – Allergy shots, anthrax, DPT, flu, measles, mumps, small pox, tetanus, tuberculosis, typhoid, yellow fever
Steps to Take to Prevent Allergic Reactions
Unfortunately most people are not aware of the long list of potential allergy causing substances and when or where they may come in contact with them. Many people may have slight reactions that are barely noticeable initially and increase over time while others have fairly severe and potentially life threatening situations after minimal exposure. Allergies are serious conditions and may be potentially fatal so it is essential to educate yourself on potential problems, prevention and proactive procedures to eliminate and minimize the consequences of these allergens.
You are probably asking: what can a person do to prevent these allergens? One of the first things that is essential is to pay close attention to everything you come in contact with. This means reading all labels carefully for compounds, foods and ingredients that you may come in contact with or eat. This also means being aware of the environment you live in to include the air you breathe, plants you come in contact with and water you drink. The majority of allergens can be avoided by common sense and education which will minimize your exposure. Additional appliances, devices and methods may also help neutralize and reduce allergens.
Many foods that people become allergic to are simply letting you know that there is some aspect, ingredient or process involved that does not agree with your body, health or overall well being. Many products with grains such as barley, oats and wheat have not been properly prepared to neutralize the natural enzymes (proteins) which are present in them. They are there to keep the seed dormant until the proper growing conditions and season exist for optimal growth and survival. Most beans, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds for example must be germinated by soaking seeds and grains in water to neutralize these enzymes which are anti-digestive and inhibit nutrient absorption.
Compounds That Neutralize Allergens
It is important to learn the specific steps to properly prepare foods using ancient wisdom that has evolved for thousands of years. Nature also provides natural compounds, remedies and treatments exactly where they are need most. Therefore it is imperative to look for those substances which provide the most cause for concern and identify the complimentary compound that is provided by nature to neutralize the allergen. A bird in Central America eats calcium bentonite clay to neutralize a berry with a poison in it that would kill the bird if not for the clay. Clay has also been found by many cultures to neutralize many skin allergens.
One of the most important things you can do is to cleanse and detoxify your body of the many allergens, chemicals and toxins which build up and over load the liver and other organs ability to deal with it which then leads to the allergic reactions. When the body is overloaded and overwhelmed it takes less of certain allergens to cause a fairly severe reaction because the body is no longer able to handle it normally and sends out a distress signal which is more severe to get your attention.
Other related articles on MichaelMorningstar.com also provide suggestions, strategies and systems to help you educate and empower yourself for Allergy Avoidance techniques and tips.
Our next blog post will be on: Electro Magnetic Frequency Risks