This is a major update to a previous dental health blog titled Dental Dirty Dozen Disasters and Decades of Dumb Dental Decisions with new helpful information to implement.
Dental health is key to our emotional, mental, and physical health. It affects our face, our looks, and our smile. Proper dental health can seem complex, complicated, and confusing to many people. Adults and children are suffering from significant dental problems with their gums and teeth. To be happy, healthy, and wealthy it is essential to take excellent care of your gums, teeth, and tongue. This blog will share Dental Health – 22 Simple and Smart Suggestions for 2022.
My personal experience and research show that many dental procedures and dentists are harming our dental and physical health. Many dental issues can be emotional, mental, and physical drains and pains because of a lack of dental care and education. Decades of dental health disinformation and dumb decisions by the American Dental Association (ADA) and dentists have harmed the health and well-being of many patients and caused excessive pain and problems. This is one of the most important blog topics because once the dental damage is done it is difficult and expensive to correct. This information can help you make better choices to reduce and prevent painful problems. The ADA and some dentists have policies and procedures that can harm your dental and physical health if you make an uninformed decision. Education and information are necessary to avoid dental disasters.
Reading, researching, and reviewing a wealth of wisdom on dental issues and recommendations for proper care and restoration must become an obsession.
“Dumb dental decisions can cause you to spend big bucks to fix your dental issues.” —Michael Morningstar
Finding a holistic dentist can help you learn dental smart suggestions to start in 2022 which can prevent and even reverse dental problems. I am super excited and happy that I found Dr. Katie To, DDS, and her great team nearby in Katy, Texas to help resolve my dental issues.
My former dentists were following outdated policies and procedures that put profits before patients while causing pain and problems. The basic dental health recommendations to brush, cleanings, floss, fluoride toothpaste, and mouthwash (alcohol and chemical-based) will most likely result in dental health problems that provide them more revenue. This education and information can help prevent dental issues, money wasted, and suffering. Research indicates that over fifty percent of Americans have gum and teeth problems impacting their dental and physical health. We have a dental health disaster robbing our health and wealth. Dental health restoration work can cost tens of thousands of dollars or even your life if you fail to take the corrective actions necessary.
We know it is important to care for our teeth with proper procedures. We are told to: brush, floss, get regular checkups, and use mouthwash. Unfortunately, a lot of dental health information from the ADA, dentists, and insurance companies is misguided and misleading for many reasons. You must educate yourself about oral hygiene and holistic dental care for optimal health and longevity. We need to be more alert and aware to boost our dental health with better nutrition, a healthy lifestyle, and holistic dental care. Learning this from the ADA or most dentists is unlikely.
Be sure to read the Dental Dirty Dozen+ to learn more about the dangers and dental damage happening to many millions of people.
Dental Health – 22 Simple and Smart Suggestions for 2022
When it comes to our dental health, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It is imperative to prevent and protect against all dental issues before they become bigger and more expensive problems. Now is a great time to find a holistic dentist for a second opinion about the health of your gums and teeth. The following dental health – 22 simple and smart suggestions for 2022 will help you create a massive action plan to boost your dental and physical health and overall immunity.
- Acidic excess can damage our teeth for many reasons and in many ways. Acidic beverages and fruits can eat away at the enamel of our teeth. Acid reflux can damage our enamel. Alcohol and sugar are acidic and contribute to damaging the enamel on our teeth. It is beneficial to brush the acidic compound off after exposure. Baking soda is a base and can help neutralize the acid.
- Bacteria in our mouth are a major cause of bad breath, cavities, disease, and plaque. It is important to identify what type of bacteria are in your mouth by looking at them under a microscope. If your dentist does not do bacteria identification they are unaware of what type of bacteria you have and how best to treat them. Bacteria in the mouth are known to contribute to health issues and heart disease. A colloidal silver solution, essential oils, iodine rinse, oil pulling, and ozone treatments can help minimize bacteria.
- Breathing habits and patterns provide important clues about dental health. Many people have frequent sinus congestion and infections and as a result, are prone to be mouth breathers. Breathing mostly through your mouth can contribute to several health issues. Sleep apnea and snoring can be indicators of health issues that also affect your dental health. Discuss these problems with your dental and health care team
- Brushing too hard, too little, and too soft can all contribute to gum and teeth issues. Be sure to gently brush your gums, teeth, and tongue after every meal. Many toothbrushes have bristles that are too hard and can damage the enamel of your teeth. Tongue scraping is also beneficial.
- Candy and gum often contribute to major dental issues. Candy can feed the bacteria that cause tooth decay. Candy and gum can also cause crowns and fillings to fail.
- Cavities are the result of bacteria, decay and enamel issues. Too much sugar can feed the bacteria that cause tooth decay. Too much sugar and poor nutrition can cause the enamel and tooth to become weakened and subject to decay.
- Checkups, cleanings, and coaching are very important to help you take the best care of your gums and teeth. During the exam, the dentist’s office needs to do Cone beam x-rays, which are the platinum level standard for getting the best-detailed information about your gums and teeth. It can also provide additional information about your jaw, neck, and sinuses which can impact your dental and physical health. The dentist should check your bite and jaw alignment.
- Chemicals and heavy metals are serious health hazards. Many chemicals in mouthwash and toothpaste are toxic. Heavy metals like aluminum, cadmium, fluoride, gold, lead, mercury, nickel, and silver can seriously harm our health. Amalgam fillings are a significant health hazard because they leach mercury, a known neurotoxin into the body which damages the brain and nervous system.
- Chewing and digestion are vital for our health. We need to chew our food very well to break it down and allow our digestive enzymes to mix with the food. If you allow gum and teeth problems to persist it can impact your ability to chew and digest your food. This can lead to problems with the absorption, assimilation, and digestion of nutrients for optimal health.
- Flossing is a key dental health strategy. Be sure to floss correctly and regularly. Waterpiks are a great way to be extra diligent with cleaning your gums and teeth.
- Gargling and rinsing with some baking soda, essential oil, or sea salt dissolved in water is a great way to boost your oral hygiene.
- Grinding teeth at night is a major problem for many people. Wearing a properly fitted night guard can greatly help by protecting your teeth from damage.
- Gums need Tender Loving Care (TLC) because they feed and support our teeth. When gums start receding this is a danger sign to investigate immediately. If you damage or lose gum tissue you can lose your teeth.
- Holistic dentists should be a key part of your health care team. They can help you connect the dots between many facets of your health and well-being. Did you know that each tooth root is part of an energy meridian that connects with other parts of your body? Having a root canal or wisdom tooth removed can impact other areas of your health and well-being. Wisdom teeth are important and were put there for a good reason so check with a holistic dentist before any major tooth treatments.
- Minerals are vital for strong bones, teeth, and tissues. Many people are deficient in various minerals because of poor nutrition. This can lead to unhealthy gums and teeth. Having the proper minerals are essential for healthy gums and teeth.
- Nutrition is a key factor in our dental health. Too many people are consuming too many highly processed and refined unhealthy and unnatural foods that result in them being unnaturally fed and undernourished. Could the beverages you drink and the foods you eat affect your health and immune system?
- Root canals can cause major problems because when the dead tooth is left in the mouth it harbors excess harmful bacteria.
- Sleep is essential for dental, mental, and physical health. Sleep deprivation causes people to be less aware and observant which can result in dumb decisions and impaired thinking. Sleep is key to our brain health, hormones, and immune function. Biorhythms and circadian rhythms impact many aspects of our health and well-being.
- Sugar is serious sabotage to our dental, emotional, mental, and physical health. Excess sugar can lead to insulin resistance which leads to diabetes, disease, and obesity. These conditions can contribute to many dental health issues.
- Teeth used as tools end up with trouble. Breaking, cracking, and cutting with your teeth is a temptation for terrible teeth trouble. Cracking pistachios or sunflower seeds can be very problematic. Mouthguards are also very helpful to protect against damaging your teeth during many outdoor activities and sports.
- Trapped foods like meat fibers, popcorn hulls, and vegetable fibers can decay, damage your gums and teeth, and become infected. Almonds, seeds, and other hard foods can chip or crack a tooth. Crowns, old fillings, and root canals can allow bacteria to thrive and even begin to infect your jaw bone. This can spread and result in serious infections and death if not diagnosed and treated. Infections in the mouth are a serious health hazard. Colloidal silver, essential oils, far infrared, iodine, and ozone are holistic health treatments that may help prevent and treat infections.
- Vitamins are vital for strong bones, teeth, and tissues. Many people are deficient in various vitamins because of poor nutrition. This can lead to unhealthy gums and teeth. All vitamins are essential for healthy gums and teeth.
Check out my other brilliant blog Dental Destiny Decisions and Distinctions A – Z with over 100 suggestions to help you with your dental health. Long and loaded with words with wisdom if dental health, longevity, and resilience are important to you.
Passion and Purpose
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense many hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Remember, it is up to each of us to learn proper oral hygiene to take great care of our gums and teeth if we want to be happy, healthy, and wealthy. You owe it to yourself and your children to find the best dental education and information because you have important choices and decisions to make regarding your oral health and hygiene. All adults, children, and teens need this information now to avoid making major mistakes and suffering from dental disasters.
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
Affirming Emotional, Mental, Physical and Spiritual Spring Cleaning
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea, please comment, like, and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog
Leave a Reply