After two years of crazy coronavirus conditions and a challenging winter now might be the perfect time to focus on an emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual spring cleaning. As winter winds down and spring is right around the corner it is time to plan and prepare for renewing restoring, rethinking, revamping, and reviewing what serves us and what subverts us. Spring cleaning can be very good therapy to enhance our emotional, mental, physical. and spiritual well-being.
When it comes to our emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health many factors determine and influence whether we are happy and healthy. We need to make conscious choices and decisions to set the stage for how our life will evolve. Spring is a great time to invest in thinking time to determine what is most important in our life right now and what signals are we sending to the universe to manifest the life we deserve and desire.
Emotional, Mental, Physical, and Spiritual Spring Cleaning
The following emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual spring cleaning checklist is designed to help you contemplate and determine where you are at now and where you want to be moving forward in 2022. That will help you create a massive action plan to boost your emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual happiness and health:
- Audit your driving behaviors, beliefs, and habits. Many people harm their happiness, health, and wealth due to unsafe driving habits. Avoid talking and texting while driving. Drinking alcohol and driving is a danger to you and everyone on the road. Being under the influence of drugs, medications, and OTC medicines can impair your driving abilities. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of anything that hinders or impairs your abilities, awareness, and reaction time can rob you of your happiness, health, and wealth and land you in jail. Many people who drive under the influence (DUI) and operate a vehicle have lost their families, job, and life. Remember your children will very likely role model your driving behaviors.
- Body care products often contain excessive chemicals and compounds that are health hazards. Most conditioner, makeup, shampoo, soap, and toothpaste contain toxic health hazards. Heavy metals like aluminum, cadmium, fluoride, gold, lead, mercury, nickel, and silver can seriously harm our health. Amalgam fillings are a significant health hazard because they leach mercury, a known neurotoxin into the body. Mercury damages the brain and nervous system.
- Bedding, blankets, comforters, and duvet can be naturally cleaned and placed in the sun to allow Ultra Violet (UV) rays to kill any pathogens. This process has been used by humans since the beginning of civilization.
- Check out your body before taking a bath or shower. Your body can tell you a lot about how well you are taking care of yourself. If you are not happy when naked it may be time to clean out some emotional baggage that you are carrying. Dry skin brushing can help remove old dead skin cells. We all deserve and need TLC to be happy and healthy. Letting go of mental blocks can set the stage for transformation.
- Chemicals and cleaning products can be serious health hazards. Stop buying toxic chemicals and start buying natural products instead. Remove the toxic products and drop them off at the hazardous waste disposal site. Never pour chemicals down the drain or toilet as that results in poison and toxic chemicals entering our water system and eventually ending up in our drinking water or polluting our oceans, rivers, soils, and streams.
- Clean the house to remove dander, dirt, and dust. They can affect our happiness and health. Animal and human dander builds up over time and causes many allergies and irritations. You might be amazed at the amount of human dander that accumulates in your mattress and pillows.
- Declutter the old books, clothes, magazines, papers, and shoes you no longer need or use. Marie Kondo has a great mindset to help you determine what to keep and what to recycle and release. After getting in the right frame of mind and motivated to clean and declutter your life, you ask each item to determine if it is bringing you joy. If it has brought you joy in the previous year great. If it has not brought you joy in the last few years then maybe it is time to pass it on to someone else who can use it. Recycling used clothes help reduce our environmental footprint.
- Documents, files, pictures, and records that are important for safekeeping may benefit from some TLC. Find a fireproof file cabinet or safe to store your important items safely. Also, make digital copies for safekeeping.
- Electronic clean-up of old emails, messages, and pictures on the cell phone and computer can be beneficial. Besides taking up storage space it saves clutter and electricity. If it is important save it to an external hard drive.
- Emergency preparedness is important all year long and now is to a great time to organize and plan being prepared as you spring clean the home. Locate all of your preparedness supplies into a strong plastic box with a locking lid. We never know when a fire, flood, freeze, hurricane, power outage, or tornado can occur.
- Emotions can drag us down or lift us up. Now is a great time to review your playlist of emotions and determine where you invest most of your energy and time. How many empowering and uplifting emotions do you experience each week versus disempowering and downward emotions? We are always in charge of our favorite playlist so choose wisely.
- Feng Shui is a well-established discipline, lifestyle, and philosophy that correlates the world around us to the world within us. Another way to say this is that everything outside of us affects everything within us. Learning some basic Feng Shui principles can help you create and orchestrate your world to be more nurturing and supportive. Many people have found that the Feng Shui of their life directly affects their happiness, health, and wealth. In Asia, many businesses use Feng Shui consultants.
- Food on the shelves can promote happiness, health, and nutrition or it can promote being unhappy, unhealthy, and undernourished. Audit your cabinets and pantry to see what foods will help keep you happy and healthy. Read the ingredients on the label. If it sounds like a science thesis then maybe it is time to give it to a food bank and replace it with a healthy organic shelf-stable whole food choice. Canned salmon, sardines, and tuna might be good choices. Dried beans, fruits, legumes, pasta, and rice have a place. Amaranth, chia, and quinoa seeds are great choices. Extra virgin coconut oil and olive oil are the best to replace the highly processed and refined GMO canola, corn, cottonseed, safflower, soy, and sunflower seed oils which are health hazards. You can improve your health and save big bucks by making better food choices.
- Health hazards like chemicals, Compact Florescent Lights (CFL), herbicides, insecticides, and pesticides should be avoided and eliminated from the home safely.
- Home AC units, air ducts, air filters, heating units, vents, and windows should be inspected for maintenance, repair, and possible replacement.
- Insects like ants, carpenter bees, mites, roaches, scorpions, silverfish, spiders, and termites can pose serious health hazards and home hazards. Before you have your home inspected and treated with toxic chemicals that are health hazards do your homework. Most insecticides and pesticides are neurotoxins that can harm you, your children, and your pets. There are many natural and safe treatments to use that will protect your health.
- Let go of emotions that no longer serve you. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a form of energy psychology that is very helpful and therapeutic.
- Medicine and Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs are becoming too collected, too common, and too frequently consumed. Place them in a safe childproof place. If they are no longer needed or safe return them to the pharmacy for disposal. Never flush them down a drain or toilet because it pollutes our soils and waterways.
- Meditation and yoga can help your emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual aspects to reboot, refresh, relax, rejuvenate, and revitalize. Maybe now is the perfect time to ditch some old habits and time wasters and make meditation and yoga a part of the new happier and healthier you for 2022.
- Mildew and mold can be serious health hazards. It is important to check your home and where you work for mildew or mold. Many buildings and homes have mold inside their attic or walls and the occupants are unaware. People can become very sick from mold and not even know it is the cause. People have died because of mold exposure.
- Peers and role models play an important function in our lives. Do an audit of the people who play significant roles in your life. Are they lifting you up or putting you down. Maybe it is time to vote some people out of your circle of life and bring some new ones in.
- Recycling is more important than ever. Set up a recycle system and use it. Over 90% of what we purchase could be recycled and less than 10% considered trash. This mindset may help our dharma and karma (if you believe in that stuff) and will help save the planet.
- Refrigerators are a visible sign of how healthy or unhealthy we tend to be. Doing an audit of your refrigerator and freezer will reveal a lot about your choices. After your audit, eliminate the unhealthy items and replace them with healthy ones.
- Safety hazards are another area to address during your spring cleaning. Look for cables, cords, rugs, or things that can pose a falling or a tripping hazard. Injuries from falls and trips are one of the greatest risks to our health and well-being. Many people never fully recover from a bad fall and many people die every year from a fall that causes a broken bone or hip or spinal fracture.
- Spiritual practices are another area to review and do some cleaning, polishing, and upgrading. Do you have a special space for meditation, prayer, and yoga? When you are in a sacred and specially prepared space you can feel the difference and the energy. Audit your special space to see what you can do to make it feel more sacred and special. A crystal, mandala, picture, sacred geometry, symbol, or yantra might be the simple step to make the space feel more sacred and special.
- Supplements and vitamins can be excellent ideas to maintain your happiness and health. It is important to read the ingredient label and avoid cheap synthetic ones.
- Water is a precious commodity. Stop wasting it whenever and wherever you can. Take a shorter shower. Turn off the faucet rather than let it run for long periods. Collect the excess cold water in a bucket and water your plants and yard with it. The exercise is good for you and will make you more conscious of wasted water. Replace the big rain shower heads with small pressure-based showerheads. Replace old commodes with new high efficient ones that use less water.
- Yardwork planning can pay big dividends. Trimming shrubs and trees while they are dormant helps reduce damage and the danger of killing or stunting the growth. If you fertilize your yard avoid the weed and feed varieties and all herbicides. Try to compost and mulch the grass clippings and leaves naturally to feed your yard and protect the environment. Plan and plant a garden with companion planting of flowers, fruits, herbs, and vegetables. Save soil by planting a diverse garden and some trees.
Consider these activities for spring cleaning as mindfulness and zen endeavors. Everything depends on the mental mindset we decide to adopt.
Passion and Purpose
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense many hours of research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a healthy emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual being. Remember, it is up to each of us to audit and clean up our lives because we have important choices and decisions to make regarding our happiness, health, and wealth.
“It is time we choose quality over quantity in our lives. We need less stuff and more minimalist thinking. This is how we will save the planet.” —Michael Morningstar
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea, please comment, like, and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog.