What are your self-care strategies and ten therapy tips for Tender Loving Care (TLC) for your family and self? Many families are dealing with anxiety, loneliness, sadness, sickness, and stress during these crazy coronavirus conditions, yet they do not have a TLC plan in place. TLC is taking care of yourself above and beyond a basic level of health, maintenance, and nutrition needs. TLC is giving yourself the gift of super special care focused on nurturing, rejuvenation, and wellness strategies. This blog is dedicated to helping more people decide, dedicate and discover a self-care and TLC plan that is right for them. One that can be easily implemented and is healthy for them and healthy for our planet.
You may ask why self-care and tender loving care are so important for you and your family? That is a very good question because almost everything in our life depends on the environment, information, and intention we set and then support, regarding our beliefs, behaviors, habits, and lifestyle. Regular TLC can help you enjoy a higher quality of life by supporting all areas in your circle of life.
Tender Loving Care
It is important for families and individuals to commit, implement, and maintain healthy habits to provide TLC. When you begin to enjoy, savor, and understand the short and long-term benefits of implementing a supportive self-care and Tender Loving Care (TLC) lifestyle it can become easier and self-sustaining. All humans crave care, compassion, and connection from their family and friends. You could even say we are hard-wired for these feelings and they help us survive and thrive in our complex world.
TLC is a gift, and a special treat for maintaining and nurturing your body, mind, and spirit. We all need acknowledgments, celebrations, and rewards to counter-balance our tests, trials, and tribulations in life.
Ten Therapy Tips for TLC
Many people want to feel good, pampered, special, and valued. This is important when children are growing into adults and it is just as important for adults as they progress to feel the special feelings of super self-care and tender loving care. There are many little things we can do to show a little TLC to ourselves and those around us. The following list offers simple strategies and suggestions that are very affordable, easy, and effective for enjoying and experiencing more TLC.
- Alignment of the spine and overall skeletal system is very important to feel good, live healthy, and stay pain-free. Learning how to maintain your alignment, flexibility, and posture is much easier when you find resources and role models to help you with bodywork, chiropractic care, massage, physical therapy, reflexology,y and rolfing. The Egoscue Method is a great resource to begin improving your alignment and living pain-free.
- Body, Mind, and Spirit self-care are a high priority for a high quality of life. Being able to develop an awareness of choices and options to enjoy a variety of dance, drumming, exercise, humming, music, and singing opens up our heart and inner spirit. In the area of dance, you can discover and enjoy ballroom dancing, country and western, 5 Rhythms, Ecstatic dance, Indian dance, Native American dance (pow wow), and Trance dance. Exercise and fitness are vital to your quality of life.
- Breathwork training can be very beneficial for all family members. Many people are mouth breathers and shallow breathers and under stress, breathe even less, which leads to reduced energy and oxygen. There are many breathwork training to choose from. Collectively and individually they can be very helpful in shifting your body, brain, and even consciousness to a higher level. Various breathwork disciplines that are gaining in popularity include: Breath of fire, Holotropic breathwork, Breath walking, Buteyko Breathing Technique, and Pranayama
- Emotional work is an important and powerful way to deal with the trauma, trials, and tribulations of growing up in a complex world with many difficult challenges and issues. Many strategies and therapies have evolved to help people deal with their past so they can live happier in the present and look forward to their future. There are many therapies to help deal with and release emotional upsets such as acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic care, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT). Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), group therapy, journaling, meditation retreats, plant medicine retreats, psychotherapy, religious retreats, silent retreats, and vision quests.
- Fasting can be a powerful process to help people become more aware, conscious, and tuned into the importance of proper eating, digestion, and mindfulness around meals and nutrition. Fasting is way more than just a fad. Fasting is a proven and time-tested process that helps the body integrate with our bodies’ circadian rhythm and the cycles of the seasons. It also helps with our emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health. Fasting can help the body digest food better, heal from immune issues and optimize our well-being. Most people tend to eat too fast, too much, and too often, as if there was a food shortage and they may starve. Fasting, Intermittent Fasting, Juice fasting, Time-restricted eating, and Water fasting are all beneficial options to consider and try. Different fasting approaches can help you learn more about your body and its nutrition needs. Many of the religious and spiritual traditions reference the benefits of fasting for body, mind, and spirit health and well-being.
- Meditation, Mandras, and Mudras are powerful practices to support and synchronize our body, mind, and spirit. Attending a retreat, seminar or training can help accelerate your benefits and experience of how these therapies offer more peace and tranquility. Meditation and yoga retreats are great ways to combine therapy, together time, travel, and transformation.
- Nature offers us a chance to reconnect with the beauty and majesty of the animals, birds, insects, plants, and trees we know are part of the extended home we call planet earth. Investing our energy, money, and time to immerse ourselves and our families to enjoy and experience nature is powerful and rewarding in many ways. The beaches, deserts, forests, lakes, mountains, plains, prairies, rivers. and oceans are sending us the call of the wild. Consider trying a variety of methods and modes of transportation to get back to nature on a regular basis such as biking, boating, camping, canoeing, hiking, kayaking, sailing, traveling, and trekking.
- Nutrition is a vital part of self-care and TLC. Everyone needs food for energy, fuel, and maintenance so why not learn how to provide your nutrition at a higher octane. Several areas to learn, research and study are the importance of the alkaline and acidic balance. Discovering the powerful benefits of essential oils, gardening, herbs, juicing, organic foods, plant medicines, plant-based nutrition, raw foods, spices, superfoods, therapeutic foods, and wild foods will open up whole new dimensions for your health and well-being.
- Silent retreats and spiritual retreats are amazing opportunities to take a break from the hustle and bustle of our chaotic everyday life. They allow us to reconnect with our body, mind, and spirit at a deeper and possibly more divine level. Discovering the connections and messages of the universe is hard to do when we are immersed in a busy and chaotic world and our monkey mind is racing a mile a minute to keep up with an avalanche and flood of calls, checklists, deadlines, distractions, emails, priorities, and to-do lists. Learning to be mindful, quiet, and still, and tune into the messages and wisdom of the universe can help keep us centered and grounded. Spiritual retreats are great ways to help families stay centered, connected, and conscious.
- Travel can be a terrific experience for families. Planning and taking a special road trip or vacation can create super special family magic moments and memories together.
These ten therapies for self-care and tender loving care (TLC) are easy ways todo to maintain and sustain our emotional, mental, physical, and even spiritual well-being. All we have to do is plan, schedule, and take the time. What will it take to make your self-care and TLC a high enough priority to make these a part of your lifestyle?
Passion for People & Planet
The passion and purpose of Morningstar NEWS are to condense hundreds of hours of rewarding research down to two minutes of education, information, and inspiration for a happy and healthy lifestyle and mindset. This blog shares the many benefits of self-care strategies and TLC in supporting family health and well-being.
“Tender Loving Care is a gift to your family and yourself that will pay big dividends for the rest of your long and healthy life.” —Michael Morningstar
Next Morningstar NEWS blog
PS: Thank you for your helpful support. After benefiting from one idea be social and share so others can benefit too. Comment, like, plus and share this blog on the social media page links because family and friends will also benefit from the Morningstar NEWS blog.
Leave a Reply